Started by @jolslover, July 05, 2020, 08:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best player

Cavaleiro
Knockaert
Reid

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 05, 2020, 10:31:45 PM
What is the definition of a good footballer ?
A choice between those three is Reid for me, his work rate and versatility is better than the other two put together.
Unfortunately Cav is a luxury we cannot afford at the moment with a milky attitude and won't run through a brick wall, and Knocky although I like his character does not play within the framework of the team.
Therefore, Cav and Knocky both sadly under perform far too often for comfort, and Reid so far has shown more Application.
It's no good being the best footballer if your application and commitment is pants more often than not.
If your having a bad game you can still run around, Cav and Knocky do not do enough which rules them out of being better footballers than Reid so far.
Slightly disagree, Knockhart is non stop, and he tries to get back to defend.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobbo

Can't bring myself to vote, all three have been disappointing  . But I hope they have the potential to be a bit better.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sting of the North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 05, 2020, 10:31:45 PM
What is the definition of a good footballer ?
A choice between those three is Reid for me, his work rate and versatility is better than the other two put together.
Unfortunately Cav is a luxury we cannot afford at the moment with a milky attitude and won't run through a brick wall, and Knocky although I like his character does not play within the framework of the team.
Therefore, Cav and Knocky both sadly under perform far too often for comfort, and Reid so far has shown more Application.
It's no good being the best footballer if your application and commitment is pants more often than not.
If your having a bad game you can still run around, Cav and Knocky do not do enough which rules them out of being better footballers than Reid so far.

I strongly disagree on Knock's and Ivan's respective work rates, don't think either of them is at fault in that regard.

S.F.Sorrow

I voted for Reid. I still hope he will come good. But there seems to be a pattern from previous clubs too: No end product. He would probably be better as a number 10 in a different formation/team. He's such a frustrating player because he seems to have a great attitude and he is ALMOST brilliant. The day he starts scoring rather than hit the woodwork or just outside he will be PL quality. It might never happen though...

As for Cav and Knockaert I think they just keep getting worse. Cav doesn't seem interested anymore. With Knockaert it's probably just that I've become more aware of his main problem: He is far too selfish. He's such a talented player but he's definitely not a team player.

If I had to choose one of them it would be Reid because I think there is some unfulfilled potential there. I can't see that with Cav or Knock.

LittleErn

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 06, 2020, 01:53:39 PM
I voted for Reid. I still hope he will come good. But there seems to be a pattern from previous clubs too: No end product. He would probably be better as a number 10 in a different formation/team. He's such a frustrating player because he seems to have a great attitude and he is ALMOST brilliant. The day he starts scoring rather than hit the woodwork or just outside he will be PL quality. It might never happen though...

As for Cav and Knockaert I think they just keep getting worse. Cav doesn't seem interested anymore. With Knockaert it's probably just that I've become more aware of his main problem: He is far too selfish. He's such a talented player but he's definitely not a team player.

If I had to choose one of them it would be Reid because I think there is some unfulfilled potential there. I can't see that with Cav or Knock.

Sums it up well.

The Rock

I voted for Knock - as he seemed like the only one that looked threatening though again he wasn't). Yet he didn't send a few over the bar I don't think. Cav looked lost but perhaps anyone would with our front line. Reid, like Odoi, is apparently too lightweight. Sniper got him too in the box, timber.

WindyCity

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 05, 2020, 09:16:47 PM
All three have been a bit of a let down for me

This.

Results from all three far less than expectations........

Matt10

Cav is the best of the three for me. He showed just how good he was early on. Think he'd be much better as the forward instead of BDR as he can do more damage centrally, while BDR has shown he knows how to cut in and make things happen.

General

Reid has more finesse and a better first touch... Knockaert and Cav have quite a heavy touch and it feels as if they tend to rely on beating their man through pace..

bobbo

They've not all been released by the clubs they were with without reason.

We've done it throughout time , gone for players who are not good enough at the next level.

Knockheart is the one that surprises me he was revered at Brighton and rightly so , and good when he first came but sorry to say it but slipped a big bit, thinks the goal bar is at 11 foot high not 8'
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sting of the North

Quote from: bobbo on July 07, 2020, 12:51:22 PM

We've done it throughout time , gone for players who are not good enough at the next level.

Knockheart is the one that surprises me he was revered at Brighton and rightly so , and good when he first came but sorry to say it but slipped a big bit, thinks the goal bar is at 11 foot high not 8'

But we are not at the next level are we? We can hardly be expected to recruit players that were playing an important part in the PL, because why on earth would they join us in the Championship?

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 07, 2020, 01:35:19 PM
Quote from: bobbo on July 07, 2020, 12:51:22 PM

But we are not at the next level are we? We can hardly be expected to recruit players that were playing an important part in the PL, because why on earth would they join us in the Championship?

Exactly. As I said, Cavaleiro was let go by a team that may make the Champions' League this year and has Traore in his position. Traore is currently linked with a move to Man Utd for £90m. I don't think it reflects adversely on a Championship club that a player they've signed wasn't perceived by his last club to be as good as Traore.