Reid/Cav/Knock

Started by @jolslover, July 05, 2020, 08:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best player

Cavaleiro
Knockaert
Reid

@jolslover

Was thinking about this watching the game yesterday and intrigued to see what everyone else thinks - Who is the best footballer out of Reid / Cav / Knock?

This isn't who did the best last match, or even who has done the best this season but who do people think is the best player of the three

I am going for Cav but intrigued to see what other people think - I think all 3 are yet to hit their potential with Fulham and are top players at this level

For me Reid makes the best attacking runs but has missed so many crucial chances this season, Knockaert is a very skillful dribbler and works hard but is selfish and makes a lot of wayward shots, and Cavaleiro on his day is a match winner but his day has been few and far between

STH H3

colinwhite

Dont Forget that they have all come to us as a result of not getting game time in their previous clubs. Already low on confidence when they came,and none of themhave been convincing. Many will say thats all down to Parker ,and though there may be some truth in this ,its way too simplistic. For me the way we are set up should suit them , but theyre just not as hungra and Sharp as they were a few seasons ago.Past their best ? maybe.

Finnans Right Peg

I voted for reid .I know he misses a lot of chances but admire his work rate and build up play and has played in a few positions

filham

On what we have seen this season it is impossible to choose anyone of them as being better than the other.

It can be seen that they are all good footballers and Cav. looks as if he has a good turn of pace. However none of them have really put in telling performances and all three must share the responsibility for our low goal tally.
That may sound harsh but I am always so disappointed when Fulham fail to score at home and those three have not done sufficient to avoid that happening.

@jolslover

Quote from: colinwhite on July 05, 2020, 08:22:40 PM
Dont Forget that they have all come to us as a result of not getting game time in their previous clubs. Already low on confidence when they came,and none of themhave been convincing. Many will say thats all down to Parker ,and though there may be some truth in this ,its way too simplistic. For me the way we are set up should suit them , but theyre just not as hungra and Sharp as they were a few seasons ago.Past their best ? maybe.

I don't think at ages 26/27/29 they are past their best. I think it's hard for them to shine in the current system - when the whole squad is playing below their best it is usually the fault of the system
STH H3

Statto

Voted Cavaleiro.

All three were equally brilliant last time they were in the Championship. Cavaleiro probably did the worst of the three in the PL on paper (Knockaert was a regular starter for Brighton and Reid was probably Cardiff's best player) but only because Wolves had genuinely world class wingers like Traore and Jota keeping him out the team. Cavaleiro would get in most mid-table PL teams but the other two aren't at that level IMO.

He's also the only one of the three with respectable goal and assist tallies this season, despite playing in a position and setup that don't suit him.

It is actually quite surreal that with a front line from those three plus Mitrovic, we're a relatively dull, toothless side scrapping for 5th.

Brawn

For me, Knockaert is the best of the three, although this season Calaveiro has been better. Decordova-Reid looks disappointingly like a one-season wonder.

HillingdonFFC

All three have been a bit of a let down for me, particulary Knockaert who has been incredibly ordinary. Cav the best of the three but only in glimpses. Not really sure what Reid brings, goes missing for long periods & his finishing has been very wasteful

Sgt Fulham

Before they came here I would say Knockaert closely followed by Cav.

Dodgin

Not scoring in the Championship, two will have to warm the bench when we go up.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on July 05, 2020, 09:06:18 PM
Voted Cavaleiro.

All three were equally brilliant last time they were in the Championship. Cavaleiro probably did the worst of the three in the PL on paper (Knockaert was a regular starter for Brighton and Reid was probably Cardiff's best player) but only because Wolves had genuinely world class wingers like Traore and Jota keeping him out the team. Cavaleiro would get in most mid-table PL teams but the other two aren't at that level IMO.

He's also the only one of the three with respectable goal and assist tallies this season, despite playing in a position and setup that don't suit him.

It is actually quite surreal that with a front line from those three plus Mitrovic, we're a relatively dull, toothless side scrapping for 5th.

Agree
STH H3

clarkey

Cav is awful

You could not watch the game yesterday and see him perform one positive action to help FFC....appalling

Woolly Mammoth

What is the definition of a good footballer ?
A choice between those three is Reid for me, his work rate and versatility is better than the other two put together.
Unfortunately Cav is a luxury we cannot afford at the moment with a milky attitude and won't run through a brick wall, and Knocky although I like his character does not play within the framework of the team.
Therefore, Cav and Knocky both sadly under perform far too often for comfort, and Reid so far has shown more Application.
It's no good being the best footballer if your application and commitment is pants more often than not.
If your having a bad game you can still run around, Cav and Knocky do not do enough which rules them out of being better footballers than Reid so far.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Milo

Can't remember the last game Cav turned up really.. so disappointing since signing permanently.

Knockaert wayward as above.

Has to be D Reid who offers us energy around the box albeit a lack of killer finish.

YankeeJim

Knockers works the hardest but is selfish.
Reid is a good footballer but doesn't have an end product.
Cav is probably the best footballer but doesn't seem to work as hard.

I guess there are reasons why they weren't getting time at their prior clubs/
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Twig

Over the course of the season it might still, just, be Cav but he's going backwards rapidly.  Reid is so close to being a nailed on starter but he falls apart in the 18 yard box. Knock has a great attitude but no end product. I don't think Parker's inverted winger concept helps Cav or Knock and I'm not sure he has found a way to properly integrate Reid into the set up.  So all three are on a bit of a hiding to nothing. Having said all that I voted for Reid but there is also an argument for Cav.

The Rational Fan

Cav, Reid, and Knockaert haven't played well in their first season at any club, ever. Each of them has had a brilliant second season at a club they have played. Hopefully, one day, we'll say the same.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 06, 2020, 07:52:39 AM
Cav, Reid, and Knockaert haven't played well in their first season at any club, ever. Each of them has had a brilliant second season at a club they have played. Hopefully, one day, we'll say the same.

Good point RF.
I can see they all have potential, but only show it in flashes at the  moment, but think all three want to do well with Fulham, and put in the effort - a bit of last chance  saloon maybe, though  they aren't old and should be at their peak.

I hope and believe they will find their feet at the club,  and come good for us, and  become good TEAM members.

FulhamStu

I voted Cav, but all 3 are totally different.  Reid works the hardest and is a real team man but he lacks quality, his first touch is poor and he is a bit lightweight.  Knockaert has historically been the star man and was brilliant at Brighton, he also works hard but for some reason that i can't explain is just not doing it at Fulham, maybe his best days are behind him or maybe he will eventually come good.  Cav is the most frustrating, he has a lot of talent but appears lazy, I didn't like reports of him being a party animal and he like Knockaert needs to get his act together quickly.  I would probably have Reid in the team above the other 2 but think Cav is probably the best footballer.

FulhamStu

Quote from: clarkey on July 05, 2020, 10:08:50 PM
Cav is awful

You could not watch the game yesterday and see him perform one positive action to help FFC....appalling

I agree that Cav did not play great on Saturday but he did well for the first part of the game and caused real problems linking with Cairney and Reid well down the left.