watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Forest v Fulham

Started by WhiteJC, July 06, 2020, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

I've just seen that the game kicks off at 17:00 so set you alarm clocks or whatever you use to remind yourself!

KICK OFF 17:00 (5pm)

Fernhurst

Tricky team selection for the management. Tuesday Forest then Cardiff on Friday.
Won't be same again surely, who will we change out.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Asotosyios

There surely should be some changes to keep the players fresh, but I wouldn't expect that many. Perhaps a couple, if any - Bryan for Odoi and Onomah for Arter.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Brawn

Quote from: Asotosyios on July 07, 2020, 12:37:21 AM
There surely should be some changes to keep the players fresh, but I wouldn't expect that many. Perhaps a couple, if any - Bryan for Odoi and Onomah for Arter.

Yeah I'd probably do this as well, although there's an argument to play Onomah up top, but that's a bit "when Slav played Johansen as a false 9" for me.

My XI: Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed; Knockaert, Onomah, Cairney, Cavaleiro; Decordova-Reid.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Brawn on July 07, 2020, 12:48:11 AM

Yeah I'd probably do this as well, although there's an argument to play Onomah up top, but that's a bit "when Slav played Johansen as a false 9" for me.

My XI: Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Reed; Knockaert, Onomah, Cairney, Cavaleiro; Decordova-Reid.
I would be more brave (as Jokanovic used to say) and use the depth of the squad to rotate players. Rest Ream for a game and start MLM on his place, give some time to McDonald and Johansen (I'm not talking about 5-10 minutes at the end) and (why not?) give Knockaert a rest and start Jasper.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Asotosyios on July 07, 2020, 01:04:30 AM
Quote from: Brawn on July 07, 2020, 12:48:11 AM

I would be more brave (as Jokanovic used to say) and use the depth of the squad to rotate players. Rest Ream for a game and start MLM on his place, give some time to McDonald and Johansen (I'm not talking about 5-10 minutes at the end) and (why not?) give Knockaert a rest and start Jasper.

I think some balance between these extremes, personally I would suggest giving one-two bench players a start each game upto the playoffs, especially ones that might claim a place in the XI. Against Forest, we will need some speed and heading ability so I would be playing MLM and Onamah. Against Cardiff, we may need to get a draw to secure our playoffs place, so KMac, Reed and Bryan LW.
Against WBA, if we have made the playoffs then I would give starts to Arter, Stefjo, and Onamah.
Against Wednesday and Wigan, we probably need to play our playoff squad and give Kamara a run.

Forest XI: Rodak; Christie, Hector, MLM, Odoi; Reed, Onamah, Cairney; Knockaert, Reid, Cav
Cardiff XI: Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Odoi; KMac, Reed, Cairney; Knockaert, Mitro, Bryan
WBA XI: Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Bryan; Arter, Stefjo, Onamah; Cav, Mitro, Reid

alfie

Whatever player is selected there will be objections on Fulham message boards.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Rational Fan

Quote from: alfie on July 07, 2020, 07:23:17 AM
Whatever player is selected there will be objections on Fulham message boards.

Good problem to have, we are only in the top six due to our superior squad depth.

Ordar

Rodak

Christie - Hector - MLM - Odoi

---------------Reed--------------
-------Johansen-------Onomah

Cavaleiro-----Reid------Bryan

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Ordar on July 07, 2020, 08:20:07 AM
                 Rodak

Since the restart of the season, we have unexpectedly rediscovered the talents of Reed and Christie.

To win the playoffs, we need to rediscover a few more talented players out of Hector, MLM, Stefjo, Onamah, Cav, Reid, and Bryan. I think this lineup maximizes the chance of rediscovering a forgotten or out of form talent.

Realistically, we need 8 or more players firing and adequate performers in all the other positions, at the moment we have Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Reed, Cairney, and Mitro as solid but need a few more.

Statto

Quote from: Ordar on July 07, 2020, 08:20:07 AM
Rodak

Would be me time too, but with Cairney instead of Johansen.

I assume you've left Cairney out to rest him but IMO we can wait a few more matches before doing that, and at this point, if anything the challenge is still getting back the sharpness the players lost during the lockdown

filham

Automatic promotion is now out of our range, full focus must therefore be on the play offs. We need to finish 4th or 5th in the table to get a first round tie against Forrest with a view to a Fulham v Brentford final.

With this in mind tonight's result is of little importance and is best used to misslead Forrest into a false sense of security for the probable play off match and to ensure we have our best team fit for the more critical home game against Cardiff on Friday. It is also an opportunity to give our fringe players match time.

Betts
                                               Sess          Hector           Le Marchand            Bryan

McDonald
                                                                 Onomah                Arter
                                                  Reid                       Stefjo               De la Tore

The Cravenette

I get what you're saying but i don't think wholesale changes help; we could get battered and what would that do for our confidence.  I'd like to see MLM get a run out, we haven't seen him for a while and he may be needed if the CB's pick up an injury.  StefJo needs game time too and maybe give Casper a start.

Whitestone

Quote from: filham on July 07, 2020, 10:08:55 AM
Automatic promotion is now out of our range, full focus must therefore be on the play offs. We need to finish 4th or 5th in the table to get a first round tie against Forrest with a view to a Fulham v Brentford final.

With this in mind tonight's result is of little importance and is best used to misslead Forrest into a false sense of security for the probable play off match and to ensure we have our best team fit for the more critical home game against Cardiff on Friday. It is also an opportunity to give our fringe players match time.

Betts
                                               Sess          Hector           Le Marchand            Bryan

McDonald
                                                                 Onomah                Arter
                                                  Reid                       Stefjo               De la Tore

Surely now is the time to put a run together, gain some momentum over our rivals and improve confidence going into games. I don't believe it's time to take our foot off the brake after two wins. We should be looking to win every game and whilst I agree with squad rotation I definitely don't think wholesale changes would be helpful at this stage of the season.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on July 07, 2020, 10:08:55 AM

I would have thought the WBA vs Derby game on Wednesday will determine whether we must focus on automatic promotion, playoffs qualification, or playoff practice.

If Derby beat WBA, then WBA are 77 points and Derby are 64 points. We could be 4 points behind WBA with 4 games to go (including one game against WBA), or only 6 points ahead of Derby. In this case, we still can achieve automatic promotion and playoff qualification is not a certainty.

If WBA beat Derby, then WBA are 80 points and Derby are 61 points. We could be 7-10 points behind WBA with 4 games to go (including one game against WBA), or 9-12 points ahead of Derby. In this case, automatic promotion requires four losses by WBA and playoff qualification is two draws by us.

hongkongfulham

would like Stefjo to get a proper run out as I reckon he'll be valuable come the run in/playoffs. need him happy and at his disruptive best

Riversider

Strong rumours that Cairney is out injured again tonight, I would go with four or five changes tonight, keep our powder dry against Forest and bring everybody back for Cardiff City on Friday, we must reduce the workload on Reed he's absolutely vital to our chances this season,
Why not start Sessegnon and Jasper tonight and put Stansfield on the bench.

Wingnut

West Brom are still withing range for me
Quote from: Riversider on July 07, 2020, 11:19:35 AM
Why not start Sessegnon and Jasper tonight and put Stansfield on the bench.

One hell of a gamble. Automatic promotion is out of reach now, so I'd downgrade this game to a 'must not lose' but we need a solid, no frills, performance tonight. Wouldn't put those lads in the XI for a game like this.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Fernhurst

0-1 win would suit me just fine.

Come on boys, bring those 3 points home.

COYLW  049:gif.  049:gif.  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MikeTheCubed

• Primary idea is to keep it tight and if necessary throw on the more attack-minded players for the last 20-25 minutes
  • Onamah has played as a forward sporadically in the past. Would offer us a physical presence in the opposition's box and in a front-two potentially someone for Reid to run off
  • Reid's involvement in the goal at Birmingham convinces me to retain faith in him above Knockaert & Cavaleiro (admittedly not much in it)
  • Cairney given a rest (if not already ruled-out); he appeared to be hobbling somewhat at the end of the Birmingham game and may be more suitable for the Cardiff game where we'll have the impetus to attack
  • McDonald's leadership may reciprocate Cairney's absence. Reed can provide "legs" alongside him