watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My grandson says that Mitro should only be on the bench

Started by The Swan, July 10, 2020, 06:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When I asked my eight year old grandson should Mitro start the game against Cardiff he said that Fulham have played well and won all three games without him.
Start him on the bench and only bring him on if We are losing .
I then to agree with him.
The Swan

Wolf

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

davew

Quote from: The Swan on July 10, 2020, 06:42:15 PM
When I asked my eight year old grandson should Mitro start the game against Cardiff he said that Fulham have played well and won all three games without him.
Clever Grandson, I agree with him as I have said on other postings!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Wolf

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Woolly Mammoth

You say only bring him on if we are losing, why ?
If you think he is good enough to come on some time in the game and in the shorter time he is on to win or save the match, then he is more than good enough to start the game and win it in the first minute.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

And if we were losing and he came on and scored and we ended up with a draw you'd say why wasn't he on sooner. He's a proven goalscorer in this league and simply shouldn't be neglected. Making the most of the squad and him is tactical not his fault... if scoring 24 goals can be deemed someone's fault. :/

Andy S

That is why Parker is manager. You always play your best available 11

Holders

I can't recall seeing a better penalty. It was a risk but he did it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

river phoenix

So some of you would play tired Bobby Reid who isn`t a centre forward at all instead of our best player who is well rested and by the way IS a centre forward? Sounds reasonable. Not.

ffcne

Quote from: davew on July 10, 2020, 07:06:54 PM
Clever Grandson, I agree with him as I have said on other postings!

24 goals and leave him on the bench .Plus his defensive work at corners
Dont have many leaders on the pitch .He is certainly one.

Twig

Not going to poor scorn on your grandson's suggestion, frankly that's unnecessary. However, I can't see how you can leave out a 24 goal CF when we don't have a direct replacement and our other forwards are not scoring with any sort of regularity.
I thought we played at a reasonable pace yesterday (after the first 25 mins) and I thought Mitro put in a decent performance. My only slight criticisms were that one or two of his attempts to chest the ball down and hold it up went astray. Maybe a bit of rustiness?

Fulham1959

I'm amazed he's the leading scorer in the Championship.

He's clearly not a gifted footballer and is anything but clinical in his finishing.  His physical presence is probably the thing that makes the difference.  I only occasionally watch a full match and then only on TV so it's more of an impression than a proper assessment and so I will defer to the majority opinion and the record book.

I'm glad he plays for us !

ffcne

Quote from: river phoenix on July 11, 2020, 10:24:35 AM
So some of you would play tired Bobby Reid who isn`t a centre forward at all instead of our best player who is well rested and by the way IS a centre forward? Sounds reasonable. Not.

:plus one:

filham

So with Mitro on the bench we are playing with three non scoring strikers up front, the opposition will be thankful for that.