watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Long throws

Started by sunburywhite, July 10, 2020, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

After Jim Langley who was the last player we had who had a long throw?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southcoastffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 10, 2020, 09:27:38 PM
After Jim Langley who was the last player we had who had a long throw?
Odoi is pretty good; Chris Baird too.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sgt Fulham

Thank god. Leave it in Sunday league where it belongs.

Finnans Right Peg

Thought we defended them very well

bill taylors apprentice

It has its place I suppose but how embarrassing that an elite football team is reduced to that every time!

gang

Supermac had a long throw.

ChesterTheTabby

Let's not forget John Arne Riise - that man was a tank and could throw from one end of the field to the other.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Andy S

Even Matt smith had a good throw

St Eve

WindyCity

hongkongfulham

They are scrappy, and as mentioned we had to defend them well, but if you have the size in your team seems like a no brainer to me. Almost like an extra corner and in comparison we looked really stagnant at throw ins. I don't know, i get that its not pretty but I still think its dangerous and worth having in your locker as a tactic

Woolly Mammoth

It's all part of the game, I would rather see long throws than players diving and pretending to be injured like you see these days in almost every match.
So keep chucking those long throws in, it rattles a few teams and ruffles a few players feathers especially the big time Charlie's.
It's an armoury teams use if they have the Players to do it, and why not, it's within the laws of the game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Quote from: St Eve on July 11, 2020, 01:41:33 AM
Roger Cross

Yes, he was known for it when he joined us but I can't recall one ever coming to anything.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

There's nothing wrong with the odd long throw but I don't enjoy seeing teams totally reliant on them as Cardiff were last night. I actually quite admire the skill that is required to throw the balk that far legally but they become tedious when there isn't the creativity to try anything else.

grandad

We handled every one of them superbly. The best long throws are those that are flatter rather than the ones that hang in the air.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

With Mitro at the receiving end an odd long throw from us could cause problems for defenders but I doubt if Parker would want to see it used. He would much prefer to se us playing Parker Ball out near a crowded touchline or corner flag.

Andy S

I'd love to know the percentage of long through's and corners that lead to goals

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Rory Delap of Stoke City had a long throw and it was used very successfully in their promotion seasons about twelve years ago. An interesting points is that someone did a study of how long it took preparing to take the throws with all of the wiping preparation and it added up to quite a time. Sorry I cannot remember how long it was.

Sgt Fulham

It slows the game down and looks ugly. More to the point, the game is called football, not throwball. Just my opinion.

Woolly Mammoth

Diving and pretending to be injured looks ugly and is ugly and not football.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.