watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Really good performance

Started by Ordar, July 10, 2020, 10:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Wish we could play Leeds and Brentford now. Different team on the pitch. Shape, form, style, players. Really chuffed with all the squad that has taken their chance and succeeded. Josh Onomah comes to mind and Christie - you get on form and anything can happen. I admittedly slagged then both in the past. Credit due.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 10, 2020, 10:25:19 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 10, 2020, 10:24:56 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 10, 2020, 10:22:28 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on July 10, 2020, 10:20:45 PM
Totally agree. Sets us up nicely for the game against WBA. Blackburn need the points tomorrow to stay in the hunt for a top six place. Thought Christie had a good game tonight, in addition Reed (MOTM) and MOTM. Does TC start against WBA, if he is fit?

No, we need to press their midfield. Tom can start on the bench.

Agreed.   He can be captain from the bench and I don't care.   Imo Reed, Josh and Stefjo should be our starting midfield next game.

Yeah me too.

Me three. Stef looked superb last night

hovewhite

Played really well and overdue so well done to them all.
A win at wba would make it interesting.

Denver Fulham

Easily the best performance since we returned, and no goals conceded in 359 minutes now.

It's not the kind of show we all expected from this roster, but if they want to keep grinding out shutout wins with minimal scare, be my guest.

SuffolkWhite

Good solid performance and the team clicking more. I have always rated Christie at RB and he can cross a ball also. I would always pick SteffJo but then I am biased as he is one of my fav's. Feel sorry for BDR because he does play well bar finishing. Let's keep the form going into the Play Offs.
COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

brightster

Really good performance again after the solid dig in one at Forrest!
I think I would like to see SJ come in for BDR, push Josh or SJ more forward and keep the partnership of Arter and HR defending the back four.

rebel

Quote from: Ordar on July 10, 2020, 10:16:19 PM
Thought we much miles better going forward. Looked comfortable at the back.

Reed my MoM. Been brilliant since the restart. Omomah fantastic aswell

That didn't really happen until after the first 'drinks break', until then we looked a bit below average. Ream made three errors, which we could have been punished for. He really hasn't got 'all the time in the world', to be honest he should know who is going to pass too, even before he receives the ball. That's easier to do when you play the same players week in week out. More difficult when the team keeps changing. It was a o.k. performance. 

We could easily have had 6, misses from point blank range not great, but the chances were created. 

alfie

Quote from: rebel on July 11, 2020, 08:57:52 AM
Thought we much miles better going forward. Looked comfortable at the j

That didn't really happen until after the first 'drinks break', until then we looked a bit below average. Ream made three errors, which we could have been punished for. He really hasn't got 'all the time in the world', to be honest he should know who is going to pass too, even before he receives the ball. That's easier to do when you play the same players week in week out. More difficult when the team keeps changing. It was a o.k. performance. 

We could easily have had 6, misses from point blank range not great, but the chances were created.
He probably does know who he wants to pass to, but it's a bit difficult if the opposition tight mark those players, how many times do we see him bring the ball out only to find no one to pass to, then has to play back, or give the ball away, I know what I prefer.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Four wins in a row, a long time since that happened and lots of positives to take forward to the West Brom. match.

Knock and Cav. yet to hit form and a goal from either, as well as Reid, is long overdue.

ashteadFFC

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on July 10, 2020, 10:17:41 PM
Also think in the last few games Christie is a better option than odoi

Totally agree - needs to be given a proper run in the team.

Twig

A winning run generates momentum and has such a huge impact on confidence. I think there's every chance that decent players like Cav, Reid and Knock might start to fire in the next few games. If that happens then we will be very hard to beat.
Feel sorry for Denis, he's a fantastic team player but tend to agree that Christie is the better option and that Joe has finally started to do some solid defensive work.
As for Stef Jo, he really looked good when he came on. Arter wasn't at his best today but let's remember that he made a big contribution to the previous two wins.

rebel

Quote from: alfie on July 11, 2020, 09:19:05 AM

He probably does know who he wants to pass to, but it's a bit difficult if the opposition tight mark those players, how many times do we see him bring the ball out only to find no one to pass to, then has to play back, or give the ball away, I know what I prefer.

If you get a chance, watch those bits again, he has plenty of time to decide what to do. He for whatever reason holds on to the play far too long and gets into trouble, on another day each of those mistakes could have led to a goal.

Deeping_white

The other thing that struck me yesterday was how much more we seemed to want to shoot in and around the box - in the first half especially once we got going, there were far more opportunities where we tested their keeper which I thought was a refreshing change from recent weeks

Black and White Town

Fingers crossed Blackburn will do the business today.

Twig

Quote from: rebel on July 11, 2020, 09:55:22 AM

If you get a chance, watch those bits again, he has plenty of time to decide what to do. He for whatever reason holds on to the play far too long and gets into trouble, on another day each of those mistakes could have led to a goal.

But they weren't "mistakes" were they?  In your opinion he took too long to pick a pass, but eventually he found somebody. So I think it's fair to be critical and ask him to move the ball more quickly but not to present these moments as mistakes.

He doesn't tend to look for the long out all as Hector does. His style is to try to move the ball through our midfield. Arter was a bit static yesterday, plus there was no TC and I think Tim found a lack of movement ahead of him. Let's not ignore that it's three consecutive clean sheets he's contributed to.

I get that he's nearing the end of his career but I think there has to be some balance to your criticism.

rebel

Quote from: Twig on July 11, 2020, 10:52:43 AM
Quote from: rebel on July 11, 2020, 09:55:22 AM

But they weren't "mistakes" were they?  In your opinion he took too long to pick a pass, but eventually he found somebody. So I think it's fair to be critical and ask him to move the ball more quickly but not to present these moments as mistakes.

He doesn't tend to look for the long out all as Hector does. His style is to try to move the ball through our midfield. Arter was a bit static yesterday, plus there was no TC and I think Tim found a lack of movement ahead of him. Let's not ignore that it's three consecutive clean sheets he's contributed to.

I get that he's nearing the end of his career but I think there has to be some balance to your criticism.

Mistakes, errors, miscalculations, he gave the ball away to the opposition in our own half (had Cardiff used the ball better, they could have scored),  they were all self-inflicted, not once, not twice, but three times all within the first 25 minutes.