Previous topic - Next topic

colcliff

Happy Birthday Tosh 86 Today

bog

Our number 1 character and he brought the Maestro to the club.  :54:

Happy Birthday Tosh.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

A top bloke and will go down in Fulham  Folk Law as the top character.
A very Happy Birthday Tosh.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

What a left foot. I remember him scoring a screamer from the touch line . The ball flew a foot off the ground until it hit the back of the net. Spent mant Sunday afternoon tea with him & Johnny at our friends opposite. His name was Spud Murphy & you´ve guessed it, he was a potato merchant.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Happy birthday Tosh, our most loveable player ever and oh what a character and what a left foot shot.

bigalffc

Happy birthday to a Fulham legend 081.gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Andy S

Yes Happy Birthday tosh, I'm sorry I never saw you play

Fernhurst

Quote from: bigalffc on July 11, 2020, 10:08:05 PM
Happy birthday to a Fulham legend 081.gif

Absolutely, many happy returns to possibly FFC's most loved character.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

Fond memories of Tosh on the left wing, joking with fans standing on the Riverside terracing, his powerful shot from distance, often leading to spectacular goals, and that was when he was past his brilliant  best, which I sadly missed, an his first team appearances became more and more limited.

Tosh epitomises that Fulham team of characters of the 60's, which those of  who were thee feel so, rightly, nostalgic about, in these days of corporate blandness, when football has become such a pressurised, money spinning, operation.

No player today would dare to joke with fans, or express any individuality, and humour seems to be sadly lacking in the game, in which success is the be all and end all, and  vast  amounts of money are involved.

Tosh represents a different era - both in society and football, and is  one of Fulham's best loved and remembered characters.

Happy Birthday Tosh.

ron

Many Happy Returns Tosh.  049:gif
I was at the Cottage when one of your slightly off target cannon shots knocked an advert from the railing.
Happy times.

davew

Great player and very entertaining, Happy Birthday!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Cambridge Pete

As the song says. "Thanks for the memories" Happy Birthday Tosh

rebel

Happy Birthdays to Tosh, check out his Wiki page, some great anecdotes.