News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Guess how long i can stay off the booze.

Started by FatFreddysCat, November 22, 2010, 12:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Giving up the booze is easy - I've done it hundreds of times  :011:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

GoldCoastWhite

"Something has been said for sobriety but very little"
John Berryman quotes (American academic, Poet, Biographer and Novelist. 1914-1972)

I'm sure I tried to give it up once Fred, never again !

CorkedHat

Virtually all my favourite writers from Dylan Thomas to Ernest Hemingway were hopeless drunks and so were/are most of my favourite actors/entertainers.  :wine:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Airfix on November 23, 2010, 11:04:09 AM
I am with you FFC.  I am now off the booze until probably April at the earliest.  I won't drink over Christmas or New Year.  It IS hard though.
Bloody hell April ? i'm certainly not with you on that one Airfix. And no cushions needed so far Frenchie on this impressive two day undeafted run  :028: .

Logicalman

one of my ex's once said to me "You have a drink problem", I replied "nutz, I drink, I fall over - No problem"

Anyways, good luck fredstar, I gave up for 11 years (1997-2008) before tasting ESB again, and that was it.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Logicalman on November 23, 2010, 04:34:23 PM
one of my ex's once said to me "You have a drink problem", I replied "nutz, I drink, I fall over - No problem"

Anyways, good luck fredstar, I gave up for 11 years (1997-2008) before tasting ESB again, and that was it.

WC Fields also said, "I don't drink much - I spill most of it."
Then there was the bloke who said "I don't drink any more - and I don't drink any less either."
Dylan Thomas said, "I can't make up my mind between beer and spirits. Spirits make you drunk before you are full and beer makes you full before you are drunk."
And me who said, "Cheers" :wine: :beer:

FatFreddysCat

Easy easy easy day two done, must admit i fancied a beer, but it's usually wine that is my downfall.

michaelread

Mate I did it for a month for Dry July, which is a charity set up here for adult cancer patients (didnt post on here about it because its a little forceful to ask for donations to screennames i barely know, so far anyway)

You end up feeling REALLY good about it, and you save a lot of money too. If you replace it with water, you'll be losing weight also. Just keep focusing on how GOOD it is for your health and it becomes a LOT easier.

sipwell

Quote from: michaelread on November 24, 2010, 03:14:57 PM

You end up feeling REALLY good about it, and you save a lot of money too. If you replace it with water, you'll be losing weight also. Just keep focusing on how GOOD it is for your health and it becomes a LOT easier.

A psychologist in the making :P
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FatFreddysCat

Still going strong, but it's very boring, lucky i have the box set of the Wire to keep me occupied  :54: .

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 26, 2010, 07:30:40 PM
Still going strong, but it's very boring, lucky i have the box set of the Wire to keep me occupied  :54: .

:drums:

Keep it going Fred! Prove all the non-believers wrong.

Travers Barney

Glad it's going well Fred...to be honest I've felt a bit guilty over posting on your 'watch the accused thread' by championing the coogan/brydon programme...not very good manners and i apologise...moving on i am enjoying a glass of shiraz as we speak but know for sure you'll feel better than me in the morning...

Be lovely to beat that horrible lot tomorrow I'm sure you agree.....you need to keep right on till the end of the road in your pledge of sobrierty though and when you have accomplished please name the game and the pub and I'll buy you a couple to reward you for your efforts.

We are the whites
We are the whites

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Travers Barney on November 26, 2010, 07:56:02 PM
Glad it's going well Fred...to be honest I've felt a bit guilty over posting on your 'watch the accused thread' by championing the coogan/brydon programme...not very good manners and i apologise...moving on i am enjoying a glass of shiraz as we speak but know for sure you'll feel better than me in the morning...

Be lovely to beat that horrible lot tomorrow I'm sure you agree.....you need to keep right on till the end of the road in your pledge of sobrierty though and when you have accomplished please name the game and the pub and I'll buy you a couple to reward you for your efforts.

We are the whites
No need to feel guilty Travers, none worse than me for changing threads around. I still haven't seen it though. But i tell you what my insomnia is a lot worse than usual, at least when i'm blotto i have a good nights kip. Anyhow a quick dog walk and a few episodes of the Wire for now.cant find my Sky remote but i think The Walking Dead is on tonight as well  :54:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 26, 2010, 07:38:08 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 26, 2010, 07:30:40 PM

:drums:

Keep it going Fred! Prove all the non-believers wrong.

The Infidel will not tempt me back to evil.

Fletchino

Well done ffc I must admit I didn't think you would last the week but you have done the hard part now you've got stronger will power than I gave you credit for  keep up the good work and before you know it will be Xmas and you can get shitfaced again!!! :beer:  :wine:

finnster01

Must admit I am not a big fan of the go completely cold turkey for quite some time. I have many friends who does it (typically in the new year) but I never understood all that.

For me it is more about going a bit slower here and there and put the breaks on a bit but, cold turkey? No, not me anymore. Life is too short, and if I make it any shorter so be it. I have tried the waterwagon bit but it turned me into a real grumpy and miserable old git and I would probably be banned from this forum if I kept that diet. At times I must have made Martin Luther look like a stand-up comedian.

So I am off on vacation tomorrow instead. 7 days of eating and drinking, just to set the stage for Christmas and new year. I'll have a pint and a jagermeister shot to toast you Mr Freddy and wish you the best of luck on your crusade.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Travers Barney

Fred...weird that...after newcastle i had a week on the sauce and each night struggled to hit four hours each night (should have saved that for this week and the 1st ashes test)...not had a drop since Sunday and slept like a baby albeit a fat one since.

If you can catch up with the repeat of last monday's Coogan and Brydon on sunday night..reckon you'll appreciate it.

We are the whites.
We are the whites

watfordwhite

:wine: I ve got a bottle of Cobra with your name on it. I will save it until after the game for you!!!!!   :hook:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: watfordwhite on November 26, 2010, 08:40:21 PM
:wine: I ve got a bottle of Cobra with your name on it. I will save it until after the game for you!!!!!   :hook:
Weirdly enough Cobra was the last pint i had on Sunday. Went for the sunday buffet with Albanian White in Curry Mahal South Harrow before watching us get thrased on the box, it's the best curry for miles around and not to far from you WW, give it a try, less than tenner and a good selection, i couldn't recomend it highly enough. ummmmmm curry.

watfordwhite

I've just had the best Fish curry ever from a place in Watford ( We could be the new Bradford) hence the Cobra..... :54: :004: