watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tonight

Started by filham, July 14, 2020, 10:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarnian

Think Arter had a bit of a knock last game so may be playing safe with him.

filham

Oh just realised Odoi in for Christie who will be missed in attack, Parker being more cautious than I first thought.

Moltobueno

Kebano deserves more game time

grandad

I hope Ream has fully recovered . He has played so many games in a short space of time. It normally takes him a full week to recover. Luckily we do have back ups on the bench.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sting of the North

Quote from: grandad on July 14, 2020, 04:28:15 PM
I hope Ream has fully recovered . He has played so many games in a short space of time. It normally takes him a full week to recover. Luckily we do have back ups on the bench.

Why is this a problem for Ream in particular, and what do you base it on? Since you keep repeating it before every game. Never mind the three straight clean sheets (almost 4 given that QPR scored in the first minute).

AnOldBrownie

People rate Odoi as a defender more than they do Cyrus?   I'm only asking because I don't think Scott would swap Odoi for Christie because he thinks Odoi is a better defender.

filham

Begining to think the changes were forced by injury, Although Parker indicated that everyone other than Cairney and Kamara was available. are Christie and Arter on the bench.

Ordar

Quote from: Moltobueno on July 14, 2020, 04:27:21 PM

I completely disagree with this. I dont feel he offers anything

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 14, 2020, 04:30:14 PM

Why is this a problem for Ream in particular, and what do you base it on? Since you keep repeating it before every game. Never mind the three straight clean sheets (almost 4 given that QPR scored in the first minute).

I understand why you question, but isn't Ream our oldest starter?  Also, yes...we've kept clean sheets, but using the last game as an example...Tim didn't have a great game.  Actually looked a little dialed off for the first 20 minutes.  He's our second best CB at the moment...so he starts every game for me, but I understand the concerns.

Quote from: Ordar on July 14, 2020, 04:33:44 PM
Quote from: Moltobueno on July 14, 2020, 04:27:21 PM

I completely disagree with this. I dont feel he offers anything
That's a bit unfair.   Kebano is good with the ball at his feet, and he provides fresh legs.  He can also put in a decent cross sometimes.

I don't rate him as more than a sub in the Championship, but he's got value.

junior white

How is BDR still starting

grandad

It goes back to last season when he had problems recovering from International games & jet lag & then having to play on his return. He said in an interview that it takes him a week to recover fully.
Where there's a will there's a wife

awsgawervasecasr4g

BDR is excellent and is far better than Cav or Knock imo. He's the first non-mitro forward on the team sheet for me.

As for the Odoi-Christie decision. With Bryan on the left, maybe they expect him to provide width and have cav come play more central. I don't know if Odoi is better defensively, but I think he makes more sense as a third center back on the right.

AnOldBrownie

Where is the link to the game thread?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

junior white

Quote from: awsgawervasecasr4g on July 14, 2020, 04:37:22 PM
BDR is excellent and is far better than Cav or Knock imo. He's the first non-mitro forward on the team sheet for me.

As for the Odoi-Christie decision. With Bryan on the left, maybe they expect him to provide width and have cav come play more central. I don't know if Odoi is better defensively, but I think he makes more sense as a third center back on the right.
We would have got points v Leeds and Brentford if he took his chances. Has been dissapointing great since the season resumed.

Sting of the North

Quote from: grandad on July 14, 2020, 04:36:29 PM

It goes back to last season when he had problems recovering from International games & jet lag & then having to play on his return. He said in an interview that it takes him a week to recover fully.

Well, one would think that the jetlag would be less of an issue right now, so that doesn't really apply to the current situation, does it?