watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tonight

Started by filham, July 14, 2020, 10:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well our last chance for automatic promotion so a very important match.
I suppose the best starting selection has to be the team that started against Cardiff.

Rodak
                                  Christie          Hector                   Ream             Brian
                                                                       Reed
                                                   Onomah                      Arter

Knock                    Mitro                     Reid

Fresh leg subs    Cav for Knock,  Johanson for Arter on the hour.

hongkongfulham

Id start StefJo ahead of Arter but other wise agreed. Must play Christie and I feel like this is Reids moment to shine.

davew

Quote from: hongkongfulham on July 14, 2020, 10:19:05 AM
Id start StefJo ahead of Arter but other wise agreed. Must play Christie and I feel like this is Reids moment to shine.
Re Reid, isn´t that said before every match, sooner or later though he will shine!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

hongkongfulham

Quote from: davew on July 14, 2020, 10:24:10 AM
Re Reid, isn´t that said before every match, sooner or later though he will shine!

Touche! 😁 no time like the present

ByTheRiver

Same team as Friday. Cairney and Kamara are out anyway, Parker confirmed this in the press conference yesterday.

I'd keep Arter in. Agree about Steff but I feel there must be an issue (fitness, that ongoing knee complaint) that we don't know the extent of, otherwise he would have featured more. Plus Arter adds a great deal of bite and energy. This will allow Steff to come on last 20 mins/15 mins and look brilliant (like Friday) with a tiring midfield.

Keep it the same. Come on the Fulham!

Bassey the warrior

Agree.

rebel

Quote from: davew on July 14, 2020, 10:24:10 AM

To be honest, he has had some bad luck (some self inflicted - point blank header missed) hitting the woodwork.

filham

I too always feel that a Reid top performance with a couple of goals is just around the corner. Tonight would be a great time for it to happen. However we have to live with him as he is always more of a threat than Cavy or Knock and we are awaiting performances and goals from those two as well.

twang

Rodak
Christie - Hector - Ream - Odoi
Reed - Johansen
Knockaert - Onomah - Reid
Mitrovic

brightster

Rodak

Christie - Hector - Ream - Bryan (More wing back, will be able to with 2 holding midfielders)
              Reed - Arter
                Johansen
Knock or Cav           Onomah -
             Mitrovic

Think if we can bolster out midfield like this then this will help out the defence and make us more solid going forward!

Statto

Rodak
Christie - Hector - Ream - Bryan
Reed - Arter
Cavaleiro - Onomah - Reid
Mitrovic

rebel

The team is in, very attacking. Cav, Knock Reid all start. Odoi starts.

WhiteJC

grandad

Attacking starters, defensive bench.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ByTheRiver

Very attacking line up. My only worry is it leaves us thin on game changers from the bench. Lets hope we build a lead and only need to hold on to it then. COYW!

filham

Surprised that Reid is in midfield instead of Arter, an attacking line up that puts pressure on Knock and Cav to perform.

Finnans Right Peg

Don't  think christie should have been dropped gives us a good attacking outlet on the right and does his defensive duties well

davew

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on July 14, 2020, 04:19:12 PM
Don't  think christie should have been dropped gives us a good attacking outlet on the right and does his defensive duties well
+1, no Arter or Johanson in starting 11 either, very surprising and maybe a mistake!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

LittleErn

A bit surprised to see Odoi replace Christie, who is just running into some form - maybe it's tactical and Parker is more concerned with defence on that flank than attack? I also hope that Bryan gets some support in defence - he often looks isolated, which might be his own positional awareness but could also be due to Ream being somewhat static and Cav not always chasing back. I think Johansen could be a "game-changer" off the bench. So could Kebano on a good day.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on July 14, 2020, 04:19:12 PM

Maybe he picked up a slight knock...or maybe Scott has seen something that makes him think Odoi will be able to do a job against Kamil and Coner Townsend.

Guess we'll see if it works.

Personally, I start Christie over Odoi on the right unless Christie has a knock.