watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Under normal circumstances it was a good result

Started by bill taylors apprentice, July 14, 2020, 06:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

But all things considered we were too hesitant going forward.
What appeared to be an attacking team on paper offered little.
Mito left isolated.......... again!

Deeping_white

At least we haven't conceded in 360 minutes, that's the only mildly impressive thing I can take from today.

Plodder

Although Mitrovic was isolated, he doesn't help his own cause.  I was disappointed in him today. He was back to his too frequent sulky self in the second half, gesticulating at other players when they made a mistake and throwing his arms up in frustration/irritation when an attack broke down.  It appears to me that he makes the others indecisive at moments when footballing instinct is needed, and sub-consciously their first thought is that they have a duty to play him in rather than playing instinctively what might be a better pass to someone else.  Of course we are better off with him in the team, but his attitude is poor too frequently.

Baston White

Quote from: Plodder on July 14, 2020, 07:08:46 PM
Although Mitrovic was isolated, he doesn't help his own cause.  I was disappointed in him today. He was back to his too frequent sulky self in the second half, gesticulating at other players when they made a mistake and throwing his arms up in frustration/irritation when an attack broke down.  It appears to me that he makes the others indecisive at moments when footballing instinct is needed, and sub-consciously their first thought is that they have a duty to play him in rather than playing instinctively what might be a better pass to someone else.  Of course we are better off with him in the team, but his attitude is poor too frequently.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Mitro was poor again tonight.
Sometimes it's like we are playing with 10men with the minimal effort he puts in.

Robbie

Mitro showing signs of being off the pace. The brilliant striker let down by the team ploy.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Baston White on July 14, 2020, 07:21:14 PM
Quote from: Plodder on July 14, 2020, 07:08:46 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who thought Mitro was poor again tonight.
Sometimes it's like we are playing with 10men with the minimal effort he puts in.

That's okay, the opposition play with 9 as 2 are occupying Mitro. Net gain. Oh, and the Championship joint top scorer.

DucatiFFC

Reminded me of Johnny Haynes playing alongside Jimmy Hill , now there was shoulder shrugs/arms in the air despairing looks to the crowd ..nothing changes.

MikeTheCubed

Would have taken a 0-0 before the game but expected more going forward with a lineup that consisted of Mitrovic, Knockaert, Cavaleiro & Reid.

Yes one might argue that Knockaert hit the bar (from his ~100th shot of the season) or Cavaleiro only played half the game (from which his replacement immediately succeeded in doing something that he had failed - beat his man), but how many more times does playing these two as inverted wingers need to be tried before it proves fruitful? It's getting very Gerrard & Lampard for me; good players but it's not working.

Mitrovic was wasteful with the mostly scraps that came his way but did win a several 50/50s from loose balls.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

We actually haven't conceded a goal for 449 minutes since that freaky first minute Rangers goal.People have a pot at Ream at the first opportunity but he must be doing something right. there was no urgency in our attacking though.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 14, 2020, 07:43:15 PM
We actually haven't conceded a goal for 449 minutes since that freaky first minute Rangers goal.People have a pot at Ream at the first opportunity but he must be doing something right. there was no urgency in our attacking though.
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 14, 2020, 07:43:15 PM

They sure do,he played well tonight.

SP

Loved this from the WBA forum when Hal RK collapsed dramatically to the floor:

That's a blatant pen!!!!!!!!

-edit-

On replay, Hal goes down a bit easy.