watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I’m all Parkered out

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, July 14, 2020, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Thanks Scott, I think you've done relatively well this season, with a more than average team, but, you remind me to much of Paul Bracewell, and his negative, slow, buildup type football.

On the face of it, a draw at WBA seems a decent result, but, not when you're cemented in the playoffs, and a win gives you a slim chance of second, it's poor.

I'd have rather lost that game absolutely going for it, than playing out for a bore draw, which, however you look at it, was exactly.

It's the playoffs for us now, and I just hope that we show up with a bit more enthusiasm than that, or we'll be out before it's even started.

Hopefully the club are already looking for his replacement, because I can't stomach another season of parkerball.

DanVerSar

We are guaranteed a space in the playoffs and had a slim chance of gatecrashing the top 2 with a win today. No excuses for not taking the game to them and going all out for a win. Completely agree with you. I find us very frustrating and boring to watch and have to put this down to tactics, which in my opinion are hampering our attacking talent. Both of our wingers have been player of the season previously in the championship and looked so dangerous for their previous clubs. For us they fail to deliver, purely because we play backwards and sideways 95% of the game

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 14, 2020, 07:28:47 PM
Thanks Scott, I think you've done relatively well this season, with a more than average team, but, you remind me to much of Paul Bracewell, and his negative, slow, buildup type football.

On the face of it, a draw at WBA seems a decent result, but, not when you're cemented in the playoffs, and a win gives you a slim chance of second, it's poor.

I'd have rather lost that game absolutely going for it, than playing out for a bore draw, which, however you look at it, was exactly.

It's the playoffs for us now, and I just hope that we show up with a bit more enthusiasm than that, or we'll be out before it's even started.

Hopefully the club are already looking for his replacement, because I can't stomach another season of parkerball.

:plus one:
Re we should have gone for it and not be concerned about losing - it made no difference whatsoever if we lost by 3-4 at this point!
I don't necessarily agree that we should be changing the manager though, rather he has the chance to change the tactics

Fulham76

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 14, 2020, 07:28:47 PM

Difficult to disagree with this.

Parker's decision, yet again, to play for a draw & hope to sneak a win is so negative, really really poor. We're so predictable & frustrating to watch.

The Paul Bracewell comparison is spot on. Let's just hope there's a Jean Tigana just around the corner like there was just after Bracewell's boring tactics didn't work either.

FulhamStu

Agree with above posts.  We played as though a draw was a good result.  The inverted wingers has to either change or at least be swapped around during the game.  Having to come inside all the time is killing us.  When Kebano went outside his man he was in a position to put Ina dangerous cross, unfortunately he does not have the quality to do this but at least he was beating his man.   Ream again at fault one a number of occasions and could have cost us the game.  Onomah and BDR in midfield together was a mistake.  Parker's idea of trying to win the game by playing as many attacking players as possible is naivety as it's worse and shows a complete lack of imagination.   It's great we have not conceded again but WBA were there for the taking, interesting that Parker said we were lacking attacking replacements, well Mr Parker, that's because you had them all on the pitch from the start !!

Bassey the warrior

Agree 100%. I hate the way we play. Long for the days of Jokanovic.

colcliff

Every one says we should have gone for it as we were in play off position
But I just wonder if he had done this and lost how many would have then said  We should of held wba and try to hit them on the break
I just feel it does not mater what he does he will be wrong
If we win it's boring
If we draw his decision Of team selection waswrong
If we lose it's never we were beaten by a better team it's Parker's fault
If he does not play a player that player suddenly becomes the best player we have and should be in the team
If he is then put in the team and has a bad game Parker is playing him wrong
While I don't think all the criticism is unjust I just feel the let's blame Parker for any thing and everything is getting out of hand
We may change our manager at the end of the season but be careful what you wish for as history has shown this is not always the wine and roses we expect

Milo

Personally don't see where our next goal is coming from.

Whitestone

Quote from: colcliff on July 14, 2020, 08:26:29 PM
But I just wonder if he had done this and lost how many would have then said  We should of held wba and try to hit them on the break
If we win it's boring
If he does not play a player that player suddenly becomes the best player we have and should be in the team
While I don't think all the criticism is unjust I just feel the let's blame Parker for any thing and everything is getting out of hand
We may change our manager at the end of the season but be careful what you wish for as history has shown this is not always the wine and roses we expect

Good sensible post.

Jimsbeerbelly

If we win it's boring

You what?

We literally had nothing to lose taking it to WBA, and if we did get caught on the break, then so what?

We could've easily nicked one as well, and the given ourselves a good shot at the top 2.

Don't understand why would be happy to settle for the playoffs, which is frankly a lottery.

And it's not a blame game, Parker got it 100% wrong.

clarkey

Could not agree more. There was nothing to lose by being more adventurous. The starting II was completely unbalanced with Cav starting (Why ???)  he pushed BDR back into midfield, and started with Bryan in the team instead of Christie. Then he subbed Ream off for Christie. Honestly a child could have done better, StefJo or Arter should have started, Cav should not play again for FFC this season, and BDR always must play up top. Otherwise it weakens both departments.
Just awful selection and terrible, boring, tactics. And for no gain at all.

colcliff

And if we. Had gone for it and ended up loosing  by 3 or 4 goals
You would all say fancy doing that we are now going into the play offs with our confidence shot to pieces
Sorry but as I said earlier with many on here Parker can't win

Moltobueno

If we win it's boring

:plus one:
0001.jpeg

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: colcliff on July 14, 2020, 08:50:56 PM
You would all say fancy doing that we are now going into the play offs with our confidence shot to pieces

Losing by 3 or 4? Stop over exaggerating.

We'd have maybe got picked off by 1 goal, or ended up losing 2-1 or something.

Where you say Parker can't win, there is always a handful of fans like you who continue to stick up for his wrong doings.

sarnian

Quote from: colcliff on July 14, 2020, 08:50:56 PM
[/quote

100% agree. Let's be honest, winning tonight would not have given us automatic promotion. It would firstly have put Brentford in pole position as they would be promoted if they won their last three. Secondly West Brom would have to have lost again and playing Huddersfield and QPR that is highly unlikely. We also have to play Wigan away who are on a fantastic run and need the points to avoid relegation.

As above we have got much tighter at the back which we will need to maintain in the playoffs. Going hung ho tonight and shipping 3 or 4 goals would have been madness and undone the good work from the last few games.

Still think we will beat Brentford in the final. 082.gif

colcliff

There is also a lot of fans on here who do nothing but give criticism
Is always easy after to say what should happen
People on here now saying he should have played this player or that player  yet  the next match after it has ended  he should  not have played  them
I will criticise any person who deserves it and I dont always feel that Parker's style is exciting but we are in the play offs
Which many of the critics were saying weeks ago we would not do
I just feel that the Lad gets no praise no matter what he does

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: colcliff on July 14, 2020, 09:02:48 PM
People on here now saying he should have played this player or that player  yet  the next match after it has ended  he should  not have played  them
I will criticise any person who deserves it and I dont always feel that Parker's style is exciting but we are in the play offs

Praised him for the Forest, Cardiff and Brum games, but, not tonight, no way.

We go into the playoffs with that attitude and tempo, and we'll soon be exiting them.

Today was an opportunity to test ourselves, as much as push for the top 2, but we revered back to our usual Parkerball way of things.

I get your point, but criticism is just after tonight's performance.     

colcliff

Jimsbeerbelly
I agree that your criticism is just of tonight's game and you are more than welcome to that opinion
but many on here disliked Parker as a player and this has continued onto him as a manager
Many of us will disagree but we all have Fulham fc at heart and want the best for them
Let's hope we can still be having disagreements in the premier next year

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: colcliff on July 14, 2020, 09:21:40 PM
Jimsbeerbelly
I agree that your criticism is just of tonight's game and you are more than welcome to that opinion
but many on here disliked Parker as a player and this has continued onto him as a manager
Many of us will disagree but we all have Fulham fc at heart and want the best for them
Let's hope we can still be having disagreements in the premier next year

Yes, have a good evening  049:gif

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on July 14, 2020, 09:14:44 PM
Quote from: colcliff on July 14, 2020, 09:02:48 PM

Praised him for the Forest, Cardiff and Brum games, but, not tonight, no way.

We go into the playoffs with that attitude and tempo, and we'll soon be exiting them.

Today was an opportunity to test ourselves, as much as push for the top 2, but we revered back to our usual Parkerball way of things.

I get your point, but criticism is just after tonight's performance.     

There was little difference between our approach today and at Forest other than Arter's bomb went in and Knockaert's hit the bar.

It's pretty clear how Scott wants to play things. Hopefully, we grind past Forest and take a chance against (probably) Brentford at Wembley.