watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parkers poor excuses

Started by The Swan, July 14, 2020, 08:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

After the game he said that the reason we lost was because we did not have the right personnel .
He is talking about Cairney and Kamara.
When was the last time either mad a difference to our performance.
The Swan

Statto

They'd have made a massive difference today.

Motspur Park

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Swan on July 14, 2020, 08:07:58 PM
After the game he said that the reason we lost was because we did not have the right personnel .

Remind me when did we concede the goal that caused us to lose. I must have missed it.
Was it before the ko, when I was having a shave, or was it at half time when I went to make a cup of tea, Or was it after the final whistle while I was feeding the goldfish.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Swan

Sorry it should have said the reason we did not win was because of the personnel.
The Swan

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Swan on July 14, 2020, 08:07:58 PM

I think those two players makes a huge difference in almost every game they play. For Cairney, he made a huge difference by being one of our best players in the first two wins in our very recent four game win streak. He's unfortunately been injured since. Kamara I don't even recall his last game, so would have to get back to you on that. To counter your question, in which recent games in which they have participated have they been below the average of quality of players on the pitch?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Swan on July 14, 2020, 08:33:29 PM
Sorry it should have said the reason we did not win was because of the personnel.

Fair enough.

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Of course Parker is right Cairney and Kamara may have made a difference today. Wish he had told us what the problem is with Kamara and what the chances are of either of them being available for the play offs.

Denver Fulham

I thought we looked mentally and physically tired more than anything. A lot of miscommunication in attack and some sloppy passes.

Kudos to Knockaert, though. He worked his tail off defensively today and almost provided Parker with The Moment Of Brilliance needed to offset Scott's super-conservative tactics.

Twig

I agree we looked a bit tired and that the absence of TC and AK was unfortunate. But having said that I was still disappointed with our conservative playing style and total lack of urgency.  We were guaranteed a play off spot, this was our only chance to force ourselves into contention for the autos. What did we do? Play walking speed Parkerball.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Twig on July 14, 2020, 09:11:27 PM
I agree we looked a bit tired and that the absence of TC and AK was unfortunate. But having said that I was still disappointed with our conservative playing style and total lack of urgency.  We were guaranteed a play off spot, this was our only chance to force ourselves into contention for the autos. What did we do? Play walking speed Parkerball.

If I want to spin it positively, Scott is getting the team reps in how we need to play to win the playoff. Four straight clean sheets (really five, since the QPR goal was in the first minute), not allowing a ton of opportunities beyond when one of our CBs passes it straight to the other team). Get used to the grind. You'll see it for 2-3 playoff matches, too. We'll have to ride our luck/opportunism.

(I don't disagree that it was disappointing not to go for it more today. There was nothing to lose.)

Arthur

Quote from: Denver Fulham on July 14, 2020, 09:05:51 PM
Kudos to Knockaert, though. He worked his tail off defensively today...

He did and usually does. Sadly, I'm not kidding when I say that Parker might well get more of a return playing Knockaert alongside Harrison Reed in midfield.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2020, 08:11:30 PM
They'd have made a massive difference today.

Agreed.  But it's a poor excuse.

Big T

Mitrovic was pretty crap again today,  AK would of been perfect for this fixture yet Parker and the club refuse to let us fans know what's going on with him

St Eve

We really had nothing to lose. We are in the play offs. Our slim hope of automatic promotion was to win. Parker said he was playing to win. It didn't look like it to me. It looked like we were happy to play for a draw. You have to shoot if you want to win. Normally a decent result, but today, a bad result

Woolly Mammoth

What Parker has achieved is to make Fulham hard to score against and hard to beat. 
In fact we have not conceded a goal in their last 4 matches.
That makes us currently a difficult team to beat.
Nobody will fancy playing us in the play offs, especially over two legs. 
All we have to do if we can is win our next five matches, and they are all winnable. 

Never forget your Roots.

St Eve

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 15, 2020, 01:06:02 AM
What Parker has achieved is to make Fulham hard to score against and hard to beat. 
In fact we have not conceded a goal in their last 4 matches.
That makes us currently a difficult team to beat.
Nobody will fancy playing us in the play offs, especially over two legs. 
All we have to do if we can is win our next five matches, and they are all winnable. 
Agreed. Even 3 wins mat be enough

RaySmith

We drew with one of the top two, and matched them for a lot of the game, but  lacked the passing penetration of Cairney, and the ability to run at and beat defenders with pace and power, and to do the unexpected, and to put the ball in the back of the net, of AK.

People moan about our  being too defensive, but how recently  were we sieve like at the  back, making defensive errors and conceding so many soft goals.
We were certainly like that in the Prem, and even  when we went up under Slav - we just managed to score more than the opposition. WE were also  defensively very vulnerable earlier this  season.

So, it's to Parker's credit  for making us hard to beat, with  all these clean sheets. If you don't concede a goal you ca't lose  a a game.
OK, so we didn't get the crucial three points, but thsi was West Brom away, so a point is surely a  decent result.
And this was a hard fought  draw, with  a lot of  great,  bodies on the line, defending, and  bit of luck and poor finishing by WBA too.

So, well done  Scott and the  players, who gave it their all, but wee lacking with the final pass - which Cairney would  definitely have helped  with.

Bassey the warrior

Parker said we came to win the game but I don't see any evidence of that. What I saw is we came to avoid conceding and maybe get a goal from a set piece. That's not the right appeoach as we had nothing to lose. He played an attacking midfield with BDR and Onomah in but they barely attacked, apart from Onomah making ome or two runs.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on July 15, 2020, 02:18:21 AM
We drew with one of the top two, and matched them for a lot of the game, but  lacked the passing penetration of Cairney, and the ability to run at and beat defenders with pace and power, and to do the unexpected, and to put the ball in the back of the net, of AK.

People moan about our  being too defensive, but how recently  were we sieve like at the  back, making defensive errors and conceding so many soft goals.
We were certainly like that in the Prem, and even  when we went up under Slav - we just managed to score more than the opposition. WE were also  defensively very vulnerable earlier this  season.

So, it's to Parker's credit  for making us hard to beat, with  all these clean sheets. If you don't concede a goal you ca't lose  a a game.
OK, so we didn't get the crucial three points, but thsi was West Brom away, so a point is surely a  decent result.
And this was a hard fought  draw, with  a lot of  great,  bodies on the line, defending, and  bit of luck and poor finishing by WBA too.

So, well done  Scott and the  players, who gave it their all, but wee lacking with the final pass - which Cairney would  definitely have helped  with.

Parker's results across two matches against all the teams above Bristol has been totally acceptable and understandable. Our season was let down by no victories against "Bristol, Charlton, and Barnsley" giving us 3 from 18 points, home victories would have given us another eight points and would have made a huge difference (i.e. 85 pts with two games to go).