watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer window (official dates)

Started by General, July 16, 2020, 12:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

The EFL has today confirmed the opening and closing dates for the 2020 summer transfer window.

Subject to formal ratification, the transfer window will open fully on Monday 27 July, although any player registered before the completion of the 2019/20 season will not be eligible to play for their new club until season 2020/21 commences. This is applicable to clubs involved in the Sky Bet Championship Play-Offs.

The window for international registrations closes at 11pm on Monday 5 October, with an agreement in place with the Premier League for an extended two-week domestic only window which will close at 5pm on Friday 16 October.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/july/15/summer-transfer-window

fulhamben

I find it disgusting that the efl would open the transfer window a week before the season even finishes. Can you imagine a prem team coming in for one of our better players and telling them to not get injured just before they line up for the final. What are the efl doing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 16, 2020, 01:11:10 PM
I find it disgusting that the efl would open the transfer window a week before the season even finishes. Can you imagine a prem team coming in for one of our better players and telling them to not get injured just before they line up for the final. What are the efl doing

I am sure the premier league team like that 65% (assuming Aston Villa go down) of those that go up through the playoff go straight back down and this helps to keep it that way, what they doing makes perfect sense. It's unfair and selfish but makes perfect sense, which sounds like a lot of other decisions too.

The playoffs reduce the break and make injuries the next season more likely, so too relegation more likely. Wolverhampton stayed up due to them having the lowest injury rate of any EPL club in the last eight years, that was until Sheffield United came along and got almost zero injuries. Note, the other four promoted teams from those seasons have all been relegated.
https://www.brinknews.com/what-can-data-tell-us-about-injuries-at-the-worlds-top-football-clubs/

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on July 16, 2020, 01:11:10 PM

Or, if they didn't open the window until after the final the prem clubs could do exactly the same which means that this makes zero difference. It is not as if they would go on record in doing such a thing so they don't need the window to be open.