Main Menu

Tonight- Huddersfield v West Brom.

Started by filham, July 17, 2020, 04:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2020, 07:49:52 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 17, 2020, 07:48:40 PM
Forest and WBA are two teams I think we can beat
agreed. I think we have a decent chance now, if not even favourites, providing Brentford don't mess it up

It's win win for us really. Even if we do end up playing Brentford in the play-offs, it'll mean they cocked up a chance of the automatics in the last week of the season, which should deflate them a bit

SP

Had a quick look at the WBA forum & they think we're the favourites for the play-offs.  Interesting to see also that they feel they have the best squad in the division.

SP

Quote from: SP on July 17, 2020, 06:11:07 PM
How is Hal Robson-Kanu a professional footballer?

The answer to my question has been answered on the WBA forum:

'Looks like a competition winner who gets to play on the pitch before a game... except he's stayed on the pitch for 4 f*****g years.

...and we've paid him £40k a week.'

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Nero

Quote from: SP on July 17, 2020, 08:35:29 PM
Quote from: SP on July 17, 2020, 06:11:07 PM
How is Hal Robson-Kanu a professional footballer?

The answer to my question has been answered on the WBA forum:

'Looks like a competition winner who gets to play on the pitch before a game... except he's stayed on the pitch for 4 f*****g years.

...and we've paid him £40k a week.'

yea but he scored that goal for wales at the euros

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 17, 2020, 07:34:39 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 17, 2020, 07:32:50 PM
Bitter pill to swallow that one. A few of us said we thought WestBrom would slow right down but we've failed to capitalise.

Even if we'd beaten West Brom, still don't think we'd have caught Brentford. And it's alright saying 'well we could have beaten them too' but then you are in 'if my aunty had bo11ocks...' territory.

Whilst I agree, it's more a damning portrayal of the missed opportunity this season presented. I appreciate some love the playoffs, but I'd of much preferred not going through the lottery where anything can happen. My remark on WestBroms downfall was from Christmas time and I think it was also a post about stats you actually brought up where you said performance levels were unsustainable. Most of the fingers were pointed at Leeds for, historically speaking, obvious reasons but I always thought Brom were the more likely to slide. It's just a shame we haven't shown up enough times this season to muster up a further 5 points to give us a proper chance at it. Ah well, aunty and balls I suppose.