Main Menu

That was never a penalty!

Started by Fulham 442, July 18, 2020, 04:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: Arthur on July 19, 2020, 11:37:40 AM
Quote from: VamosFFC on July 18, 2020, 09:52:00 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 18, 2020, 04:18:30 PM
Not the point. Ream stupid faffing about, put MlM in trouble, he compounded it.  Ream's responsibility.

I didn't see anything wrong with Ream's pass to MLM at all. It was right to MLM's feet. MLM had enough time to boot it up field or out, but he made the wrong decision to turn in toward Rodak. Sure, Ream could have played a different pass, but I don't see any fault with Ream's pass at all.

I don't think Le Marchand did have enough of an opportunity to clear it upfield. Ream's pass forced him backwards to receive the ball and by the time he had turned to face forwards, the Wednesday player was upon him. Yes, Le Marchand probably wishes he had simply kicked the ball out for a throw-in near our corner flag, but that's a split-second decision that goes against the norm in terms of how Parker wants us to play.

Much as I admire Ream for his courage in playing out from the back, it was he - not MLM - who had the ball at his feet long enough to assess that this was an occasion when a hopeful punt upfield was the sensible option.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2019_2020/league/home/sheffield-wednesday/short-highlights-sheffield-wednesday

Agree, Ream sometimes dwell's too long to find passing opportunities, when there isn't the time. You can see him looking around, in 'periscope fashion'.  His passing accuracy yesterday was 96%.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Jim© on July 19, 2020, 09:11:28 AM
Quote from: rebel on July 19, 2020, 06:29:38 AM
The penalty was given because Rodak went in with both feet, I'm not sure why he wasn't booked for it, anywhere else on the pitch he would have been.
He went it with one foot, not a pen. Have you ever watched or played football before?
Exactly this. And he got some on the ball.

rebel

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on July 19, 2020, 11:48:42 AM
The penalty was given because Rodak went in with both feet, I'm not sure why he wasn't booked for it, anywhere else on the pitch he would have been.
He went it with one foot, not a pen. Have you ever watched or played football before?

Yes he did get some of the ball, but he went in with both feet.

clemattlee

According to Rebecca Myers reporting for the sunday times it was "Wednesday were essentially gifted their first goal by the hosts,when Mitrovic clusily fouled Jacob Murphy,and Atdhe Nuhiu capitalised"

So she must be right as apparently she was at the ground watching it  064.gif

Jim©

Quote from: rebel on July 19, 2020, 11:51:38 AM

No, you're wrong. He went at the ball (which he connected with)with one foot. His other leg is trailing behind him when he goes down. Watch it again, you're entirely incorrect.

Dodger53

Quite clearly one foot sliding tackle the other leg under him. ... and for their second why on earth did Arter dive to the ground (and divert ball into our net) when he should have stayed on his feet and possible block it? I thought the referee was poor but not biased - he gave a free kick  (or pen) nearly every time a player went down from a tackle.

rebel

Quote from: Jim© on July 19, 2020, 12:14:09 PM
Quote from: rebel on July 19, 2020, 11:51:38 AM

No, you're wrong. He went at the ball (which he connected with)with one foot. His other leg is trailing behind him when he goes down. Watch it again, you're entirely incorrect.

Just watched it again, his other foot might have been slightly behind, but he launched himself with both feet. In the outfield had he done that, he would been booked. I'm surprised he didn't get booked for it.

Nightwind15

Tim has always had his weak moments, never more evident when wearing the Red White and Blue. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!