watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This seasons championship

Started by fulhamben, July 19, 2020, 11:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Can anyone ever recall any division Having so much riding on the final day.
We've got 3 teams who can win automatic promotion
3 teams who can take the last 2 play off spots
All 3 teams in the relegation spots still have a chance to survive
And finally two teams who could receive a points reduction and be relegated
What a final day of football it will be this year. I can't recall any other league at anytime having so much riding on 90 mins of football. Sky sports news will be fantastic with all the twists and turns over the two hours.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

I am extremely pessimistic about QPRs ability to keep a clean sheet against WBA, but if that isn't bad enough i expect QPR player's desire to get a result (to promote Brentford or Fulham) is so low that avoiding injuries and social distancing maybe bigger priorities.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 20, 2020, 01:18:24 AM
I am extremely pessimistic about QPRs ability to keep a clean sheet against WBA, but if that isn't bad enough i expect QPR player's desire to get a result (to promote Brentford or Fulham) is so low that avoiding injuries and social distancing maybe bigger priorities.
do you honestly think their players care one Iota about us and Brentford? Do they even have any homegrown players in their team that actually support qpr? It's more than likely that they will care more about win bonuses and future moves than the fact they might do is a favour if they win. Question is, will they even put a team out in a dead rubber, or will they play kids.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2020, 01:26:44 AM
do you honestly think their players care one Iota about us and Brentford? Do they even have any homegrown players in their team that actually support qpr? It's more than likely that they will care more about win bonuses and future moves than the fact they might do is a favour if they win. Question is, will they even put a team out in a dead rubber, or will they play kids.

They legally have to play there best squad, so do we playing Wigan. They can lie a little, but it will be close to the best team, so its more a question of whether the best players are actually trying.

rebel

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 20, 2020, 01:33:39 AM

They legally have to play there best squad, so do we playing Wigan. They can lie a little, but it will be close to the best team, so its more a question of whether the best players are actually trying.

I don't think it has anything to do with legalities. The manager can choose who he likes from his squad. It's more to do with professionalism. They are playing a side who wants promotion, so you as a manager would want to do everything you could to heap pressure on them and win the game. With WBA as the minutes tick by, mistakes will creep in.

rebel

Quote from: fulhamben on July 19, 2020, 11:02:20 PM
What a final day of football it will be this year. I can't recall any other league at anytime having so much riding on 90 mins of football. Sky sports news will be fantastic with all the twists and turns over the two hours.

Nice summing up.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: rebel on July 20, 2020, 06:38:25 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with legalities. The manager can choose who he likes from his squad. It's more to do with professionalism. They are playing a side who wants promotion, so you as a manager would want to do everything you could to heap pressure on them and win the game. With WBA as the minutes tick by, mistakes will creep in.

I doubt QPR players will be motivated to win, but I can imagine they want to avoid injury and coronavirus. If you think QPR will be more motivated than Andre Schurrle on one of his less motivated day, I think you're mistaken.

bog

As for relegation one club could go with 48points.

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 20, 2020, 07:40:39 AM

I doubt QPR players will be motivated to win, but I can imagine they want to avoid injury and coronavirus. If you think QPR will be more motivated than Andre Schurrle on one of his less motivated day, I think you're mistaken.

I doubt if even Rip Van Winkle at his most comatose could be less motivated than the slothful Andre Schurrie at his most motivated.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on July 19, 2020, 11:02:20 PM
Going to be a bit of a nail biter that's for sure.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 20, 2020, 07:40:39 AM

Everybody wants to avoid injuries and coronavirus, but that has little to do with this football game. If they have been able to play games up until now, they will certainly be able to do it one more time. I assume you have never been anywhere near professional athletes if you believe that the majority of them would not always want to win. They wouldn't have gotten to this level with the hopeless approach to the game that you ascribed them here.

With that said, of course it would likely have been better if they would still have something to play for other than pride, but it is what it is.

filham

I would be a lot more confident about our chances if West Brom were playing Barnsley.

rebel

You have QPR who have no relegation worries, you have WBA who have promotion worries, they were favourites with some to go up automatically. There recent performances have been dire, 2 points from 9. The pressure has increased 10 fold, as they should be home and dry already.

bencher

The Southampton manager summed it up well yesterday after his "nothing to play for" team beat Bournemouth fighting for their lives. The only motivation necessary is the chance to win 3 points. Hopefully QPR have the same professional approach.

RaySmith

Yes, Bencher, QPR will play with  freedom from expectations, just professional pride, and an eye on next season, and players on their next contract,while WBA have  loads of pressure and expectation, even greater from having slipped up recently, and are now battling for promotion after so many months of seeming certs.

Fulham also have less pressure, coming from  behind and no-one really expects us to accomplish automatic  promotion.
Hopefully this will help in the tough game against Wigan, battling for their lives, so also under a lot of pressure, and that is the one factor we can influence, the rest is down to Fate to a great extent.

Abbotsbury White

If we are looking for scraps that will motivate QPR ,after they lost to SW a couple of weeks ago Warbuton was livid among other things he said '"It was unacceptable for any QPR team, we never showed the fighting spirit, the application, the desire that is absolutely demanded at this level.' and said he will not tolerate anything but 100%, so dont think their players have the cigars out just yet..
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

YankeeJim

They won't be"playing for" us or Brentford but knocking West Brom out of auto promotion? That might give them a chuckle.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mince n Tatties

WBA 0 QPR 3
Brentford 1 Barnsley 2
Wigan 0 Fulham 4
😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

rebel

Quote from: RaySmith on July 20, 2020, 12:19:12 PM
Yes, Bencher, QPR will play with  freedom from expectations, just professional pride, and an eye on next season, and players on their next contract,while WBA have  loads of pressure and expectation, even greater from having slipped up recently, and are now battling for promotion after so many months of seeming certs.

Fulham also have less pressure, coming from  behind and no-one really expects us to accomplish automatic  promotion.
Hopefully this will help in the tough game against Wigan, battling for their lives, so also under a lot of pressure, and that is the one factor we can influence, the rest is down to Fate to a great extent.

Summed up nicely.