watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stansfield

Started by res, July 20, 2020, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Does anyone know where Stansfield? Not saying that he would fit into the first team starter line up currently but with the extra subs allowed post lock down I would have thought he would be one of them. Injured or locked down somewhere?

filham

Too late now, matches are all super critical, it is just not the time to blood youngsters, even from the bench.
However hope we can have him available for next pre season along with AK47.

Dodgin

Most of our games have been so tight that the under twenties have not really had a chance to show what they could do

Whitestone

I'd like to think he would have already featured if the management team thought he was ready. One for the future I reckon.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Whitestone on July 20, 2020, 05:27:28 PM
I'd like to think he would have already featured if the management team thought he was ready. One for the future I reckon.

I am sure Stansfield gets plenty of chances to prove himself training with the first team, if he couldn't make the bench when Mitrovic was suspended the Stansfield won't be on the bench in the finals. I'd like to see Mitrovic skip all except the last pre-season practice game so he can focus on his fitness and injury recovery only giving a chance for Stansfield, Kamara and Reid to battle for the number two striker spot.

Bocanegra

Definitely not the time to be messing about with youngsters. Should use the Wigan game to give people like Kebano, StefJo and MLM game time incase Scott wants to use them in play-offs.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

You are all forgetting the new young Scottish boy!

Enfield

Yes, but what about the under 23 lads,
Martell Taylor-Crossdale
Cameron Thompson
Nicolas Santos-Clase
Jerome Opoku
Timmy Abraham

If no one gets a chance, what's the point of having an u23 team and an Academy ?

Dodgin

Fabio Carvalho looks promising !8 next month

f bloke

Quote from: Enfield on July 21, 2020, 05:45:08 PM
Yes, but what about the under 23 lads,
Martell Taylor-Crossdale
Cameron Thompson
Nicolas Santos-Clase
Jerome Opoku
Timmy Abraham

If no one gets a chance, what's the point of having an u23 team and an Academy ?

[Although most of the u 23 s will be hopeful of making a career in the game, most of them won't and even fewer will make it in the top two divisions. It is a brutal business and the harsh reality is that most of them are there to provide a team structure to allow the one or two with real potential to develop and showcase their  talents.

Opaku is a central defender and I think the one out of that list that has best chance of earning a living out of the game. I don't think any of those others listed are close to the first team yet as indicated by Stansfield leap frogging them in the pecking order