more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Forest v Stoke

Started by FulhamStu, July 22, 2020, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

This is a massive game for us.

It's extremely unlikely we will get a sniff of going up tonight, so who do we play in the playoffs.

I have said for a while now that Cardiff will make the playoffs, they are in great form and have a very strong bench.   If Cardiff play Brentford, I fancy them to beat them over 2 legs.

Forest on the other hand look like the season has caught up with them, I think they have been getting better results than their play or ability should do and credit to them for that, they are solid at the back but really should be there for the taking.

Cardiff will beat Hull, so if Forest don't win we get Cardiff, we want Cardiff to play WBA or Brentford.

simplyfulham

You make a good point about Forest 'looking like the season has caught up with them'. However I'd still rather play Cardiff.

Cardiff just look like they can only play at one speed and I feel over two legs we'd have a great chance at out manoeuvring them.

Forest remind me a little bit of the Reading side that beat us in the playoff semis a few years ago. Their stubborn and obstinate and in Lewis Grabben they have a striker who is an expert at making the most of half chances.

Whisper it quietly, but I would also fancy us in a one off final against Brentford. At least I'd fancy us in the final against them as opposed to playing them in the semi final. I just think we have a few more players who would be up for the occasion.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 22, 2020, 12:24:50 PM
This is a massive game for us.

It's extremely unlikely we will not get a sniff of going up tonight, so who do we play in the playoffs.

I have said for a while now that Cardiff will make the playoffs, they are in great for and have a very strong bench.   If Cardiff play Brentford, I fancy them to beat them over 2 legs.

Forest on the other hand look like the season has caught up with them, I think they have been getting better results than their play or ability should do and credit to them for that, they are solid at the back but really should be there for the taking.

Cardiff will beat Hull, so if Forest don't win we get Cardiff, we want Cardiff to play WBA or Brentford.

Well, we might also finish third if WBA does their part but Brentford draws, so anything is possible any way regardless of whether Forest or Cardiff finishes fifth. Might even be Swansea who could finish either fifth or sixth. We should be able to beat any of those teams over two legs however, but would also prefer Forest if I got to pick one. They were in the discussions of an outside chance of automatic just two weeks ago, and now risk missing out on the playoffs altogether. They clearly have the least momentum at the moment.

FulhamStu

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 22, 2020, 12:29:03 PM
You make a good point about Forest 'looking like the season has caught up with them'. However I'd still rather play Cardiff.

Cardiff just look like they can only play at one speed and I feel over two legs we'd have a great chance at out manoeuvring them.

Forest remind me a little bit of the Reading side that beat us in the playoff semis a few years ago. Their stubborn and obstinate and in Lewis Grabben they have a striker who is an expert at making the most of half chances.

Whisper it quietly, but I would also fancy us in a one off final against Brentford. At least I'd fancy us in the final against them as opposed to playing them in the semi final. I just think we have a few more players who would be up for the occasion.

I agree we can beat anyone, esp in the final, I just have a feeling Cardiff can beat Brentford.  They will do a stoke and catch them on the break.

Jim©

Forest beat Brentford home & away this season, Cardiff drew at home and lost away to them.

SuffolkWhite

I don't think it matters tbf as we have to win all games anyway whoever we play.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 22, 2020, 01:50:12 PM
I don't think it matters tbf as we have to win all games anyway whoever we play.

This is where I'm at.   I'm only going to worry about the things Fulham can control.   We win all our remaining games, and Fulham are in the premier league next season. 

Today is the last day I worry about other team's results.

Bocanegra

Would be great if we could finish 3rd (if not 2nd!) and have a semi final vs cardiff.

Forest have beaten brentford twice this season and although I feel we could beat either in the final, would be great to fade both in a 2 legged semi.