watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Predictions

Started by Brawn, July 22, 2020, 12:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

Obviously only one of these has an article, but with all 3 games on the Super 6 game, we can see what the others have said as well.

David Prutton:
West Brom 2 - 0 QPR
Brentford 3 - 0 Barnsley
Wigan 2 - 1 Fulham
(WBA 85; BRE 84; FUL 80)

Jeff Stelling:
West Brom 2 - 0 QPR
Brentford 3 - 0 Barnsley
Wigan 2 - 1 Fulham
(WBA 85; BRE 84; FUL 80)

Charlie Nicholas:
West Brom 2 - 0 QPR
Brentford 2 - 0 Barnsley
Wigan 1 - 1 Fulham
(WBA 85; BRE 84; FUL 81)

Phil Thompson:
West Brom 3 - 0 QPR
Brentford 3 - 0 Barnsley
Wigan 1 - 2 Fulham
(WBA 85; BRE 84; FUL 83)

Matt Le Tissier:
West Brom 2 - 0 QPR
Brentford 2 - 1 Barnsley
Wigan 1 - 1 Fulham
(WBA 85; BRE 84; FUL 81)

blingo

The Rational Fan

Quote from: blingo on July 22, 2020, 12:44:23 PM
What do they know????

If at half-time WBA and Brentford are both 2-0, then mentally in the second half we will be thinking about the playoffs and conceded. The second-half is Wigan's playoff final, but our automatic hopes may be gone.

alfie

What do they know????
Opinions mate just like us, although most of our opinions are from the heart and not the head.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Plodder

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 22, 2020, 12:49:43 PM
What do they know????

If at half-time WBA and Brentford are both 2-0, then mentally in the second half we will be thinking about the playoffs and conceded. The second-half is Wigan's playoff final, but our automatic hopes may be gone.

Scott Parker should be clear before the game with the players and everyone else from the club who is at the game that no one from the club is to look at what is going on at the other games - and if they do hear on the grapevine, they are not to breathe a word to the players.  We just need to win and then see what has happened elsewhere, as it doesn't affect what we need to do. The last thing we would want would be us chucking a lead away late on partly through demotivation if some of the payers think the other results aren't going our way. And even worse, imagine us chucking away an automatic promotion spot if there is a dramatic turnaround in the other games, or if someone had been fed the wrong score and communicated it to the players.  It is very unlikely that all three results will go our way, so the best attitude for the players and staff is to focus entirely and resolutely on winning our game, and only after that, look at what has happened elsewhere.

Jim©

Quote from: Plodder on July 22, 2020, 01:17:21 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 22, 2020, 12:49:43 PM
What do they know????

Scott Parker should be clear before the game with the players and everyone else from the club who is at the game that no one from the club is to look at what is going on at the other games - and if they do hear on the grapevine, they are not to breathe a word to the players.  We just need to win and then see what has happened elsewhere, as it doesn't affect what we need to do. The last thing we would want would be us chucking a lead away late on partly through demotivation if some of the payers think the other results aren't going our way. And even worse, imagine us chucking away an automatic promotion spot if there is a dramatic turnaround in the other games, or if someone had been fed the wrong score and communicated it to the players.  It is very unlikely that all three results will go our way, so the best attitude for the players and staff is to focus entirely and resolutely on winning our game, and only after that, look at what has happened elsewhere.

Whilst i sort of agree with the "concentrate on what you can do" mantra. I'd be gutted if the management weren't frantically pushing us on in search of a winner if by some magic the other two games are in our favour.

Stevieboy

Quote from: alfie on July 22, 2020, 12:56:13 PM
What do they know????
Opinions mate just like us, although most of our opinions are from the heart and not the head.

I would say their opinions are from somewhere a lot lower than either  :dft012: 064.gif 049:gif

filham

Yes, those opinions are sound and I tend to agree with them but I expect Scott Parker to think otherwise and to get his players on the field tonight thinking there is a chance .