watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-The last time....

Started by bog, July 22, 2020, 03:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

The last time there were 8 goals in a game v Sheffield Wednesday was Good Friday 1959 (6-2) and we ended up that season.....2nd.   :022: 

092.gif

LittleErn

I like your optimism BOG. I think I saw that game - Jimmy Hill scored a hat-trick! Were you there?

bog

Yes I was LittleErn. At the Hammersmith End. Our Jim was getting some stick at 3-2 then he rattled in three to shut them up and make a young Bog jump about...old Bog is hoping to do the same this evening about 9-50....sod the arthritis  :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :yay: :yay: 049:gif 049:gif

092.gif 

MikeTheCubed

Barnsley were also relegated that season...

LittleErn

And Sheffield Wednesday must have finished 1st as we played them again in the next season!

I was behind the goal at the Putney end BOG. Just to the right and above the crossbar as you looked at it. It was never dull when Jimmy Hill was playing. I saw him at an away game at Charlton. The Maestro put him clean through and Jimmy ran almost from the halfway line, outpaced the defence, took the ball up to the goalie and back-heeled it to no-one. Apparently he thought a team mate was following up - no such luck. An all action player he must have covered every blade of grass in any match he played in, but prone to trip over his own feet.

bog

bog