Main Menu

Team for Cardiff

Started by grandad, July 22, 2020, 10:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on July 23, 2020, 12:16:39 AM
Quote from: Robbie on July 23, 2020, 12:09:08 AM
We need creativity and pace.

K M K up top. We need Johansens creativity.

Carney will need to be left out.

I think you're right.
In a game we had to win, he was very negative in his passing, mostly backwards or sideways.
No killer ball in the whole game.
I can't believe that our manager would try to stifle our most creative player.
Consequently, yes I would leave him out if he's not in the right mindset

Unfortunately there's no creativity at the moment because Mitro doesn't move off the ball, at all. You can't play a killer pass if there's nothing to pass to. I'm worried about him as it seems to me that either his head isn't right (off?) or he's carrying a knock. There's at the very least ten examples i've noticed of this over the last few games. TC for me stays in the team, second most goals, second most assists and a calm head when we're needing it.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Jim© on July 24, 2020, 10:59:13 AM
TC for me stays in the team, second most goals, second most assists and a calm head when we're needing it.

Cairney is joint-sixth provider of assists this season alongside Onomah.

Matt10

Quote from: Jim© on July 24, 2020, 10:59:13 AM
Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on July 23, 2020, 12:16:39 AM
Quote from: Robbie on July 23, 2020, 12:09:08 AM
We need creativity and pace.

K M K up top. We need Johansens creativity.

Carney will need to be left out.

I think you're right.
In a game we had to win, he was very negative in his passing, mostly backwards or sideways.
No killer ball in the whole game.
I can't believe that our manager would try to stifle our most creative player.
Consequently, yes I would leave him out if he's not in the right mindset

Unfortunately there's no creativity at the moment because Mitro doesn't move off the ball, at all. You can't play a killer pass if there's nothing to pass to. I'm worried about him as it seems to me that either his head isn't right (off?) or he's carrying a knock. There's at the very least ten examples i've noticed of this over the last few games. TC for me stays in the team, second most goals, second most assists and a calm head when we're needing it.

Yet somehow this is exactly what everyone seems to want from TC. Analyzing pass maps and what not. If anyone were to rewatch the game, they'd see that it's TC who is actually making the forward runs more often - similar to how we played vs QPR.

I feel it's too late, but Parker's system isn't built around creative central midfielders. It's built around square passes to move defending players out of position. Penetrating square passes can then be attempted or crosses via overlapping fullbacks in the attacking third. It's our top of the box play that struggles though as we try too many combination square passes that are read fairly easily.

filham

Quote from: ByTheRiver on July 24, 2020, 10:42:02 AM
Quote from: filham on July 24, 2020, 10:12:57 AM
The priority will be bringing home a clean sheet  so start thinking of Odoi in place of Bryan , Cairney on the bench and Knoch in the team because of his work rate.

Rodak
                                Christie           Hector               Ream             Odoi

Reed
                                               Onomah                          Arter
                                Knock                          Mitro                          Kebano       

Fresh legs Subs        Stefjo for Arter, Kamara for Knock.

Reid, Cairney and Bryan on the bench but held back for 2nd leg at the Cottage.

Came to post my team which is identical to yours. So ta!

Agree with the subs as well, though I'd also bring on Cairney around 60/70 a. to help keep possession (if ahead or drawing) or to help attack if behind, and Reid for either Kebano or Knockaert depending on performance/fatigue, regardless of score, as him buzzing around up top will cause issues and could pinch/assist a goal.

We are almost in full agreement except that I thought it may be best not to give Cardiff a taste of Reid and Cairney until the match at the Cottage. Also I did not want to risk injury to the pair.

Mullers OG

Rodak

Odoi    Hector   Ream  Bryan

Onomah   Reed  Cairney

Knockhaert   Mitrovic   Kebano

Bench:-  Bettinelli   Christie  Johannsen  Mawson  Cavaleiro  Reid  Arter

fulhamben

Quote from: Mullers OG on July 25, 2020, 11:28:03 AM
Rodak

Onomah   Reed  Cairney

not a kamara fan ?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Whitestone

Quote from: Mullers OG on July 25, 2020, 11:28:03 AM
Rodak

Onomah   Reed  Cairney

Wow, we've been crying out for a game changer for ages and you can't even find a place for Kamara on the bench.

Decent starting 11, although I have concerns about Bryan and would consider Odoi and a Christie at full back.

Milo

Think Knoackaert would play a role defensively in away tie so would be inclined to play him up front.

I'm not an Onomah fan but don't see Parker leaving him out. Reed is a dead cert. So that leaves Cairney or Johansen for a flatter midfield.. or, for me, BDR for more dynamism between the lines.

I think it will be a scrappy game and we will look for a 0-0 or to nick a 0-1.

I would like to see AK come on if possible but I suspect Parker will avoid attacking changes and we will be more likely to see at 80 minutes MLM come on.

SuffolkWhite

Rodak
Christie Hector Reeeeeam Bryan
           Reed       Johansen
                   Cairny
AK/ Knock            Mitro             Kebano
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro is as we know a target man and a good one at that. His mobility is restricted but he can create space for others.
He has become heavily marked but in doing so he occupies sometimes two defenders targeting him and taking turns. Which gives others the opportunity to play off him, so Mitro really needs a partner up with in the hole to get the best out of both players and the chance to score more goals.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

SP won't change the system, but I would prefer 4411 and a speed merchant like AK would give the opposition something else to think about.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

MrFFC

For me

Rodak

Christie    Hector   Ream    Bryan

Onomah  Reed  Cairney

Knockeart      Mitro       Kebano

Subs - Bettinelli Odoi Mawson Sess Johansen KMac Arter Kamara Bobby
Come on you Whites!! :)

fulhamben

Quote from: MrFFC on July 26, 2020, 09:31:50 AM
For me

Rodak

Christie    Hector   Ream    Bryan

Onomah  Reed  Cairney

Knockeart      Mitro       Kebano

Subs - Bettinelli Odoi Mawson Sess Johansen KMac Arter Kamara Bobby
this is good, and possibly what he will go for, though he might start Arter for Cairney.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.