watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eddie Howe - Bournemouth Manager Actually Said This

Started by rebel, July 27, 2020, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

'it's a shame the fans couldn't share this moment with us'. Eddie I hate to break it to you, but you got relegated.
They will be straight back up, too much quality, but Prem teams worked out how to play against them.

Fulham 442

I thought he spoke very well.  I hope they get back to the Prem soon and that he is still in charge.

Jim©

I saw too that the Villa manager said "This pandemic has worked out really well for us"!!!!!!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: rebel on July 27, 2020, 10:57:01 AM
'it's a shame the fans couldn't share this moment with us'. Eddie I hate to break it to you, but you got relegated.
They will be straight back up, too much quality, but Prem teams worked out how to play against them.

Sadly I think the revolving exit door will be spinning faster than the in/stay door.

Statto

Wouldn't want Howe or Smith at Fulham. Smith just comes across as a bit of a prat who spent £140m and only scraped 17th with a massive slice of luck and injustice. Howe comes across as a decent League 1 or Championship manager, but he's also had time and money to build a decent PL team at Bournemouth and he hasn't done that effectively. You also have to question his motivational abilities after some of their performances earlier in the season IMO. 

Riversider

Quote from: rebel on July 27, 2020, 10:57:01 AM

Far more likely they will be in League one 12 months from now as opposed to The Premier League.

rebel

I'm sure Bournemouth were in the top 8 in the early part of the season.

Whitestone

They've had their day in the sun. Nathan Ake could be the first out of the door, followed by Callum Wilson and probably others. They may of course find a place for Harry Arter now they're back in the Champ!

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2020, 12:01:14 PM
Wouldn't want Howe or Smith at Fulham. Smith just comes across as a bit of a prat who spent £140m and only scraped 17th with a massive slice of luck and injustice. Howe comes across as a decent League 1 or Championship manager, but he's also had time and money to build a decent PL team at Bournemouth and he hasn't done that effectively. You also have to question his motivational abilities after some of their performances earlier in the season IMO.

Seems a little harsh on Smith. As he said, his average player in squad is now 9.5m which I believe is about en par with most if not less meaning the investment was clearly required and without it, they would 100% have finished in bottom 3 I think. In regards to earlier in the season motivation, I think when you add as mnay players as he did, it takes time to gel, or at least, that's what people who like Parker keep saying.

For what its worth, I think he's a bit out of his depth but he has achieved something special for Villa this year. I wouldn't want him at Fulham. I would absolutely have Howe though. No question. I'd sack Parker now irrespective of our game tonight to get him.

Andy S

Watford look like they are good enough to return as well. The problem is for any team that goes down is can you keep your best players? you have to cut your cloth as well. Deeny said last night that he felt sorry for all the people who will lose their jobs as a result of their poor performances. I think it is also about the actions of the owners

FFC1987

Quote from: Andy S on July 27, 2020, 12:49:14 PM
Watford look like they are good enough to return as well. The problem is for any team that goes down is can you keep your best players? you have to cut your cloth as well. Deeny said last night that he felt sorry for all the people who will lose their jobs as a result of their poor performances. I think it is also about the actions of the owners

Do Watford owners still have links to Udinese? If so, I expect them to go straight back up and be a Wolves.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2020, 12:43:48 PM
Seems a little harsh on Smith. As he said, his average player in squad is now 9.5m which I believe is about en par with most if not less meaning the investment was clearly required and without it, they would 100% have finished in bottom 3 I think. In regards to earlier in the season motivation, I think when you add as mnay players as he did, it takes time to gel, or at least, that's what people who like Parker keep saying.

For what its worth, I think he's a bit out of his depth but he has achieved something special for Villa this year.

Comments on motivation were directed at Howe/Bournemouth, not Smith.

As for Smith, Villa's points per £million spent this year is the same as ours in 18/19. So do you think we also got an acceptable return (26 pts) for our £105m in 18/19?

H4usuallysitting

Is the American boy (can't think of his name)....who left us - promising midfielder...still with them

Mickeyboro

Hyndman went back to the US. Never was a regular.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2020, 12:01:14 PM

For what its worth, I think he's a bit out of his depth but he has achieved something special for Villa this year. I wouldn't want him at Fulham. I would absolutely have Howe though. No question. I'd sack Parker now irrespective of our game tonight to get him.

Interesting thoughts across the board on Eddie Howe. I would say no but that's just me. Before Mince says anything I would not be surprised if he becomes hot favourite for a Prem merry go round job where recent form would prove to be a sackable offence elsewhere and that's Roy at Palace.

Wingnut

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 27, 2020, 01:01:46 PM
Is the American boy (can't think of his name)....who left us - promising midfielder...still with them

Hyndman is back in the USA playing for Atlanta now. Didn't get a look in at Bournemouth and he spent most of his time there out on loan. Played for Rangers for a while and got on really well. Fans really liked him. They tried to sign him but the deal fell through.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2020, 12:59:51 PM

For what its worth, I think he's a bit out of his depth but he has achieved something special for Villa this year.

As for Smith, Villa's points per £million spent this year is the same as ours in 18/19. So do you think we also got an acceptable return (26 pts) for our £105m in 18/19?

Ah apoligies.

I think surviving the Prem in your first year is money well spent yes. What return will Villa get now on their investment, compared to ours when we went down?

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2020, 03:44:56 PM

Ah apoligies.

I think surviving the Prem in your first year is money well spent yes. What return will Villa get now on their investment, compared to ours when we went down?

I see how you kind of avoided the actual question. But I then have a follow up, just so that I understand your position here:  if Villa had lost the last game of the season, but everything else alike, then it would go from money well spent to money not well spent?

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 27, 2020, 03:52:27 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2020, 03:44:56 PM

Ah apoligies.

I see how you kind of avoided the actual question. But I then have a follow up, just so that I understand your position here:  if Villa had lost the last game of the season, but everything else alike, then it would go from money well spent to money not well spent?

I don't think I dodged the question. It's just more nuanced and I was adding context. Villa got more value for their money in terms of future returns and completion of objective (which goes hand in hand with money spent in my eyes, as an accountant). Had Villa went down, having spent more, it then would mean, longer term on return on investment, how much could be clawed back, how much can be retained and with the investment, how secure are they going into next season going into the championship. So not a simple, yes or no answer I'm afraid.

For what its worth, I think both sides invested quite well. They have Grealish income to fall on as did we with Ryan, both teams have re-sale value in some of the people purchased. The glaring difference is the future gains for one staying up, and one not.

Bocanegra

Think thats a poor take.

They haven't had a great season but showed fight in the game versus Everton and im sure fans would look at the last 7 odd seasons rather than just this one. He definitely spoke well.

Remember when we were all watching us Lose to Palace in 2014 when we were already relegated. Was different circumstances but atmosphere was Surprising positive and reflective.