https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer window officially open

Started by grandad, July 27, 2020, 12:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

Sting of the North

There is talk about Messi changing clubs. I guess he is just awaiting the results in the playoffs, because surely he would prefer the much harder Championship over PL football.

gang

Not yet, we normally wait until it's closing.

WhiteJC

I heard we've signed a new carrier pigeon as the smoke signal system wasn't working as well as advertised.

It's going to be a very strange window with little time and clubs having less money? unless FFP is now non-existent due to the Man City ruling?

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 27, 2020, 01:23:44 PM
There is talk about Messi changing clubs. I guess he is just awaiting the results in the playoffs, because surely he would prefer the much harder Championship over PL football.

They have always said could he do it on a rainy midweek fixture in Stoke, now maybe its his chance to put the meme to bed.....

AnOldBrownie

Nothing is going to happen until we know if we're going to have Premier League football.    Behind closed doors conversations, yes...but we have to wait to see what money is available before making official announcements...

Unless we sign Harrison Reed.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2020, 04:02:18 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 27, 2020, 01:23:44 PM

They have always said could he do it on a rainy midweek fixture in Stoke, now maybe its his chance to put the meme to bed.....

Exactly!

General

hoping we get promoted, although far from guaranteed - a lot of football still to play. If we do then I expect Ryan Babel to come back.

grandad

Vertonghen is now a free agent. He is 33 though. Is he better than Ream?
Where there's a will there's a wife

bencher

Quote from: grandad on July 27, 2020, 05:33:15 PM
Vertonghen is now a free agent. He is 33 though. Is he better than Ream?

He is. But I doubt he would come to us, whether we are promoted or not.

Andyb

The Rational Fan

If we go up then Brentford, Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth will be financially interested in selling us players. I think Fulham could be interested in buying a few especially as squad younger players to refreshen up the side.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 28, 2020, 01:50:24 AM
If we go up then Brentford, Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth will be financially interested in selling us players. I think Fulham could be interested in buying a few especially as squad younger players to refreshen up the side.
the brentford owner has said time and again that he will not sell any player to us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

rebel

I think we have to wait until we find out which League we will be playing next season.