Main Menu

Reed “I love it at Fulham”

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 28, 2020, 12:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Ordar

Interesting that the option to buy depends on the league we're in. Wonder if thats our option or Southampton's. He would be an absolutely invaluable signing. Given Saints personnel situation in that position, I would expect they would want him back

Statto

Interesting that they refer to this as Reed's "watershed season". He was good at Blackburn but clearly taken his fame to another level with us. Together with Anguissa and Onomah, he's one of several players in Parker's old position (broadly speaking) that he's really motivated and got the best out of. I don't think Parker has got the best out of any of our attacking players this year but credit where it's due, he's good at bringing on central midfielders.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Ordar on July 28, 2020, 01:02:30 AM
Interesting that the option to buy depends on the league we're in. Wonder if thats our option or Southampton's. He would be an absolutely invaluable signing. Given Saints personnel situation in that position, I would expect they would want him back

Harrison Reed is not an invaluable signing, as I wouldn't pay any price for him. Southampton could ask 50% more for Reed over Targett, so he could be £30m+ which is worth considering, but maybe worth declining too.

Statto

Quote from: Ordar on July 28, 2020, 01:02:30 AM
Interesting that the option to buy depends on the league we're in.

Yep so presumably the fee is lower if we don't go up, which on the plus side would mean there's still a good chance of him being here next year either way. It also explains why we haven't exercised the option yet.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on July 28, 2020, 01:05:46 AM
Interesting that they refer to this as Reed's "watershed season". He was good at Blackburn but clearly taken his fame to another level with us. Together with Anguissa and Onomah, he's one of several players in Parker's old position (broadly speaking) that he's really motivated and got the best out of. I don't think Parker has got the best out of any of our attacking players this year but credit where it's due, he's good at bringing on central midfielders.

I have always been demote Parker back to assistant coach until he gains a little more experience, but he has done an exceptional job at coaching Chambers, Anguissa, and Reed in his old position. Rodak, Christie, Hector and Onamah have come on well this season too, and its incorrect that he hasn't got the best out of all our attacking players as Kebano is a man transformed.   

AnOldBrownie

I'd pay 20 million for Harrison.  Why?   Because the #6 position is EXTREMELY important at the next level...and we already have Anguissa and Onomah under contract next season.  Need to lock up all 3 players even if Harrison cost 20 million.   We'll still have £ to spend on two other quality players (one defensive, one attacking).

I want Harrison on this team next year even if it cost £20 million.   

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 28, 2020, 01:56:32 AM
I'd pay 20 million for Harrison.  Why?   Because the #6 position is EXTREMELY important at the next level...and we already have Anguissa and Onomah under contract next season.  Need to lock up all 3 players even if Harrison cost 20 million.   We'll still have £ to spend on two other quality players (one defensive, one attacking).

I want Harrison on this team next year even if it cost £20 million.   
agreed, I reckon we could get him for cheaper than that considering he is on his last year of his contract.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Southcoastffc

Reed, Matthew Targett, Calum Chambers - all Southampton academy products. Perhaps Huw Jennings is due a big vote of thanks.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.