watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why Kebano has made a difference

Started by FulhamStu, July 28, 2020, 10:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Not so long ago I said that Kebano whilst not a poor player, was not good enough for Fulham.  Well in the last month he has totally proved me wrong, well done Neeskens.

Obviously his goals are massive and at last we have someone other than Mitro regularly finding the net.  The big difference that he brings however is his direct running at the full back and willing to take him on the outside.  With Mitro in the team, he should be able to provide some great assists.  Onomahs outstanding goal started with Kebano beating his man and crossing to the far post.

Kebano holds a wide position whilst Knockaert plays a more mobile roll on the right.  With Cav, Kamara and BDR all pushing for places things are looking much much better.

One last thought, Onomah is looking some player, if he can keep that up he will become a highly valued player and a massive asset to the team. 

rebel

I think Kebano has worked on his game, he's more composed with everything he does. You could say his footballing brain is developing. He's always had the talent. He scored important goals in our previous promotion season.

Wolf

Neeskens Kebano resurgence must have taken everyone by surprise, he's been a marginal presence for 2.5 years. In our promotion season he played regularly in the first half of the season, but didn't start a Championship match after 9 December (2017). In the Premier League he didn't start a match and played less than two hours football across 7 sub appearances. And pre-lockdown Neeskens had 1 Championship start and 6 appearances from the bench; with no goals across that entire period.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

bog

Is this player's improvement down to Scott as well? A totally unexpected and wonderful contribution.

092.gif   

Carborundum

For so long a coiled spring that wouldn't uncoil.
He's now turned into Zebedee.  :wow:

bencher

I think his first goal against Sheff Wed which, while well placed, was probably a bit of poor goalkeeping as well, gave him a huge confidence boost. He hadn't scored for Fulham since Dec 2017 or something. He's always had the ability and GJ has often praised him. His control of long balls played to him, attacking the fullback and  sending in a cross has added another dimension to us. Going either way also helps a lot. On the other side, Knockaert is clearly low on confidence. He almost never goes on the outside and it is making him far too predictable.

rebel

To score 3 free - kicks out of 4 taken, takes some doing. Only a few players on the planet can do that, Ronaldo, Messi etc.
This is something he has worked on.

filham

So good to see a wide man that is prepared to attack defenders on both sides, Cav.is going to find it hard to get game time other than as a sub to preserve Kebano for the next game.

Plodder

I am happy to admit that Kebano has done better in the last three games than I thought him capable of, and at the moment, deserves his place in the side and the praise coming his way. I still think that a fit and in form Cavaleiro is potentially a more potent attacker, but there is no question that on current form Kebano is ahead of him.  If he can score in both of our remaining games (touch wood we have two games left), that would be the icing on the cake.

rebel

Quote from: Plodder on July 28, 2020, 12:26:22 PM
I am happy to admit that Kebano has done better in the last three games than I thought him capable of, and at the moment, deserves his place in the side and the praise coming his way. I still think that a fit and in form Cavaleiro is potentially a more potent attacker, but there is no question that on current form Kebano is ahead of him.  If he can score in both of our remaining games (touch wood we have two games left), that would be the icing on the cake.

Cav is too one dimensional, for me he hogs the ball and tries to do too much. He needs to release the ball a lot quicker. Stop trying to shoot if the opportunity has passed.

jarv

A lot of players take a long time to bed in.  e.g. Zamora,  as far back as Les Barrett and Steve Earle who got fan abuse in the  early days.

Scott Parker has to stay. A long time ago Fulham sacked Bobby Robson after one season. Look what happened to his career after Fuham. I could see SP doing the same thing.

Just a thought. Parker to stay whether we go up or not.

gerrys

Quote from: jarv on July 28, 2020, 12:47:56 PM
A lot of players take a long time to bed in.  e.g. Zamora,  as far back as Les Barrett and Steve Earle who got fan abuse in the  early days.

Scott Parker has to stay. A long time ago Fulham sacked Bobby Robson after one season. Look what happened to his career after Fuham. I could see SP doing the same thing.

[/quote
:plus one:   though I seem to remember that it wasn't even 1 (whole) season....]

Dr Quinzel

He's been running at players, and pushing the ball past them on his own ie without the need of a one-two or similar. Makes a huge difference.

f bloke

——-

And since we got rid of Robson, we have also got rid of Bracewell and Symons, who were also rookie managers.  We also got rid of Coleman who hasn't pulled up any club management trees since he left. Whose to say Parker won't be more Bracewell/Symons/Cookie than Robson.  Don't see any signs of Robsons lively mind when Parker speaks.