News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

“Mitrovic” start him or bench him on Thursday if he’s fit ?

Started by Big T, July 28, 2020, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Start or bench?

Start
12 (38.7%)
Bench
19 (61.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

S.F.Sorrow

He should definitely start IMO. We have played better without him lately but we need him at defensive set pieces. This game is all about not conceding an early goal and Cardiff can be a huge threat on set pieces. For once I want effective/safe rather than pretty. If we score first he should probably be subbed and rested. But if we make it to the final... I'm actually not so sure.  We've looked so much better without him lately but his 26 goals speak for themselves. Tough call... or maybe not. He WILL start a final of course, if he's fit.

Jeroen

Bench for me, if not required the extra rest will do him well.

If he is out for the season...... still put him on the bench to throw off the oppo for the final :-)

Carborundum

He should play if fit.  He's won the championship golden boot. We don't have 10 better outfield players.

BestOfBrede

Mitro will be important for the second leg, if fit.
Cardiff need to come at us and know the only way they can do so is long balls, free kick, corners and long throws!
Mitro is excellent at helping out in defence against these type of tactics.

Twig

Assuming he is fit I don't think this is even a debate, in my opinion it is obvious that he should start.  I think the more interesting question is who then plays on the right? Knock gets through a lot of work but if he is fit enough I'd start with AK probably expecting to sub him after about 60 mins.

Wingnut

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

F(f)CUK

If fit he is a definite starter. Cardiff will put loads of balls into our box from corners and long throws. Although we played these really well last night, getting to the ball first almost every time, Mitrovic is a superb player in these situations.

AnOldBrownie

Is it the injury he suffered to his foot in the last game?

Milo

RoyTund

He's clearly got at least a niggle. If that is still playing up in any way we should not be starting him now so at lot depends on what we all here do not know. Also, what about Cardiff being very aggressive and flying in in this one. That's what the Swansea forum are hoping for!

Big T

It seems to me that NO one on here is addressing the Fact that we've been playing better without him recently and that his form since the restart has been shady to say the least 🤔
Golden boot or no golden boot

The stats say that we play better without him of late

I know everybody loves him and I do too BUT !!

Would Parker have the balls to drop him from a massive game, especially the final ?
I very much doubt it

ffcthereligion

Bench but only so he is fully fit for Wembley. Any fans fickle enough to say we play better without him are in my view deluded the guy has scored 40% of our goals this season

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rational Fan

Mitrovoic would have been on the bench if he was remotely fit. We need him to play 120 minutes in the final, everything else is secondary as BDR is great at defending and maintaining a lead.

Big T

Quote from: ffcthereligion on July 28, 2020, 10:42:44 PM
Bench but only so he is fully fit for Wembley. Any fans fickle enough to say we play better without him are in my view deluded the guy has scored 40% of our goals this season

I beg to differ,,,,
it's hardly fickle or deluded to question it and I'm sure Parker is at this current moment in time.
He's scored 40% of our goals because everything has to go through him, Cross Cross Cross into the box, it's all rather obvious and slightly hopeless, especially when you've got 2 massive center backs marking him at all times
I think it's definitely valid to wonder if he should play or not

Woolly Mammoth

Do not see the sense in playing him if he is not 100%, especially if it is a hammy.
We are 2 0 up and we are playing 72 hours later. So assuming nobody else is injured.
I would start AK he will be bursting to bust a gut, and put Bobby on the bench. If Mitro is fit enough to take part, I would have him on the bench just in case, but only use him if we need him.
Minimal changes subject to injuries, Mitro may replace Bobby if Scott decides he is fit.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Guess we won out.   I hope it works.

Going for 5 out of 5 without our #9.