watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro, Start or bench

Started by South Coast White, July 30, 2020, 08:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Personally I would start the same 11 that we played on Tuesday.
Starting with Mitro will prevent us from spreading the ball around in the final third as he's always being looked for. If we  use the one dimensional approach we tend to do with him being the lone striker in the box, I fear we will loose our opportunity to create the openings we have had in previous games when he was abscent. Keep him on the bench to start and get him chomping at the bit to come on inthe last 20/25 mins.

SuffolkWhite

I would start him and give their defence something to think about but also try and encourage other team members to carry on from the last game tactically. 
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Parker has said Mitro and Cav are back training but refuses to say whether or not they will play tonight.
Suspect they may both start on the bench and then used in the second half if we are not winning.
It would be nice to have Mitro fully fit and rested for a Wembley match.

alfie

Cardiff would have to worry if the saw Mitro coming off the bench.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

On the bench, we can´t afford to risk him giving 1 of his inept performances and there have been quite a few this season, I think when these happen they affect the rest of the team. Certainly select him om the squad if he is fit enough to play and not at risk of missing the final when we play Brentford!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

70sPimlico

Its a really weird situation isn't it, we have the golden boot winner but opposition (well at least some of their fans) would prefer him to be in our line up than not. And the weirder thing is, I completely understand where they are coming from.

fulhamben

Bench for me, but only if kamara starts up too. Mitro is only as good as his service, where as kamara has pace and will try to make something happen
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ALG01

Bench, he clearly has not been fit for ages and if needed he can come off the bench and that will really spook them.

sarnian

No win situation for Parker.

If he's had hamstring problems does he start him for his defensive qualities if they throw long balls in from the start and risk injury, or keep him on the bench and then they score early from a long throw or corner where he could have covered.

Personally I would start him on the bench

SuffolkWhite

If he is fit enough and there is no risk then play him, if there is a risk of further injury then don't.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on July 30, 2020, 10:10:03 AM
... Mitro is only as good as his service ...
Indeed and would be entirely logical to presume that that has been one of Parker's biggest unresolved issues as to how to accommodate a lethal striker, lacking real pace, via his midfield.  It is possibly one reason why we so often see such slow build up.   When the midfield works for Mitro it works well but it often doesn't work at all.

However, a much more important consideration is that hamstring twinges are not to be ignored since they can go completely in the wrong kind of conditions (a warm evening tonight) and cause longer term injury.  I wouldn't have him in the side or on the bench (as a likely substitute at any rate) unless the medics are 100% certain he is fit. 

Riverside

If fully fit he must start

If less than fully fit sub or even rested again
I would like to think we have enough for tonight but need him for Wembley
But it is all knockout now so I would have him on the bench and pray I did not need to use him

ALG01

Quote from: Riverside on July 30, 2020, 12:51:48 PM
If fully fit he must start

If less than fully fit sub or even rested again
I would like to think we have enough for tonight but need him for Wembley
But it is all knockout now so I would have him on the bench and pray I did not need to use him

I beg to differ. He has hardly been tearing up trees recently and I suspect bpart of that is he is not 100%
A game like tonight is best served IMO with not changing things.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He might benefit if we play the say way we did Monday, but who do you drop BDR ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

I Ronic

If fit then bench for me. Leave Cardiff to spend the game wondering if we'll use him. AK from the start. He needs minutes. If we progress we'll want as many fit and up to speed players as possible.

love4ffc

Quote from: sarnian on July 30, 2020, 11:50:03 AM
No win situation for Parker.

If he's had hamstring problems does he start him for his defensive qualities if they throw long balls in from the start and risk injury, or keep him on the bench and then they score early from a long throw or corner where he could have covered.

Personally I would start him on the bench

Agree with this. 

Really hoping tonight to see more of variety of play rather then just getting the ball out wide and down the wings.  I feel we have become a bit predictable when Mitro is on the pitch as we seem to either be looking to cross it all the time or hoof it up field for Mitro to work his magic. 

Would love to see Tom do some more of that quick one two touch passing in and around the box with onomah. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

7787fulham

I'd start him on the bench. Reasons for this hes only just coming back from injury, we have a 2 goal lead and we know if he starts they will try to get a reaction from him as they know he is easy to wind up and pick up a card.

Bokonon

Start him on the bench. Make Cardiff prove we need to put him in. Play that mind game.

Jeroen

I would have put him on the bench even if we couldn't use him, but just for the 'fear factor' :-)

Robbie

Mitro is on the side lines. Shouting the team on. Good man.