watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff a 'wounded animal'

Started by rebel, July 30, 2020, 10:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Only one thing to do with a wounded animal, and that's put it out if it's misery as quickly as you can
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on July 30, 2020, 10:11:53 AM
Only one thing to do with a wounded animal, and that's put it out if it's misery as quickly as you can
Be careful, they may bite back, lets take the last bit of life out of them with 45 minutes of Parker Ball and then go in for the kill.

Andy S

So wounded they ran out of fight on Tuesday. We just have to keep them where they are and not make any silly mistakes and eventually the animal gives up and dies. I would prefer to think of them as a well drilled machine who will try to push until the final minute. That won't change until they are 4-0 down so we have to keep going at them

General

Whilst it may be true, I also think it could just be another poor attempt at game psychology. When fulhams players were celebrating the second goal, he tried to rile up his players by saying we were celebrating like we'd won a cup, Parker then put him in his pocket (like he did when Harris said the pressure was more on us), by rebutting Harris.

In terms of how the players react, I expect them too. That said though we've got a squad that can score against them and know they can score at least 1-2 goals in a game. On top of that we know we can weather storms and get upto 70% possession against them (happened 3 days ago), I think we've a squad that have experience in winning and pressure situations and we should be able to see this for what it is - a wind up to try and get hit players riled up. That said I don't think Scott is naive enough to not be aware that we'll have to weather a storm and grow into the game and also have a professional and good enough squad for it not to count as much.

rebel

Quote from: General on July 30, 2020, 10:59:56 AM
Whilst it may be true, I also think it could just be another poor attempt at game psychology. When fulhams players were celebrating the second goal, he tried to rile up his players by saying we were celebrating like we'd won a cup, Parker then put him in his pocket (like he did when Harris said the pressure was more on us), by rebutting Harris.

In terms of how the players react, I expect them too. That said though we've got a squad that can score against them and know they can score at least 1-2 goals in a game. On top of that we know we can weather storms and get upto 70% possession against them (happened 3 days ago), I think we've a squad that have experience in winning and pressure situations and we should be able to see this for what it is - a wind up to try and get hit players riled up. That said I don't think Scott is naive enough to not be aware that we'll have to weather a storm and grow into the game and also have a professional and good enough squad for it not to count as much.

Yep, mind games, but so far so good,

Plan A 'All the pressure is on Fulham',
Plan B 'they celebrated like they were already through', and now
Plan C 'we are a wounded animal'.

toshes mate

It's another ninety plus minutes of football, a new game that has a bit of recent history that may or may not play a role in the final outcome.  That was also the case on Monday night.  Scott Parker got it right on Monday night and his opposite number didn't.  If we play to win tonight, take our chances and stop our opponents scoring then it is game over, just as it was on Monday night.  Win, lose or draw teams still want to believe that they gave their best.   Is Neil Harris really saying that didn't happen on Monday night?

Bill2

Neil Harris is playing mind games, he knows he has a mountain to climb tonight. If he attacks he will leave gaps at the back and with have players with space to exploit it. We just need to be at the top of our game from the first minute and not conceed until we have scored two.

ALG01

I think he is correct but like last nights game an early brakthrough will be vital.
If they get it then it will be tense if we get it then I think that will be that.

Whatever else we need to start wiyth tempo and keep the ball well, they will, I think, try to launchg an aerial bombardment and out muscle us, we need to make sure they are chasing shadows... I am nervous.

fulhamben

Quote from: ALG01 on July 30, 2020, 11:42:01 AM
I think he is correct but like last nights game an early brakthrough will be vital.
If they get it then it will be tense if we get it then I think that will be that.

Whatever else we need to start wiyth tempo and keep the ball well, they will, I think, try to launchg an aerial bombardment and out muscle us, we need to make sure they are chasing shadows... I am nervous.
i can not remember one game when we started with tempo. It always take us at least ten to twenty minutes to get going
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SuffolkWhite

They have to attack it's the only way thy can get back into the game.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Andy S

Yes he is. He believes the first goal was because his side didn't lay a glove 🥊 on Onamah when if they had it would have been a penalty. He also thinks the referee should not have given us a free kick for the second goal. Silly arse!

Carborundum

He's paid to say something upbeat.  The playoffs are raw combat with three quarters of those involved ending as losers.  This time round three managers have given the impression they are well and truly up for doing whatever it takes to win - with leaving Mitro out for the first leg comfortably the most impressive managerial decision so far.  The other manager looked and sounded like he was only there to read the gas meter when someone asked him to be gaffer and guess what, his lot are knocked out already.

Let's see if he drops Marlon Pack for allowing Onomah to roll off him. 

ALG01

Quote from: fulhamben on July 30, 2020, 11:43:35 AM
Quote from: ALG01 on July 30, 2020, 11:42:01 AM

i can not remember one game when we started with tempo. It always take us at least ten to twenty minutes to get going

Unfortunately I agree with you, we tend to start way to slow. However if we could just see our way clear to starting quickly tonight, I thiunk that would be a very good thing.

F(f)CUK

Cardiff are likely to come at us with blood and thunder for the first 30 minutes. If we can control that period then they should run out of steam.  We cannot let them get into the game, and we have to play exactly how we did in the first match.  By the second drinks break in the first game, we had Cardiff totally beaten, we just didn't have the second goal at that stage.

Lighthouse

First goal wins the tie. I think Cardiff could well put the pressure on and high balls in the area will be our undoing. But if we score first then we control the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AnOldBrownie

I don't get nervous for sporting events often.   

I'm nervous as F.. right now.    The fact that Brentford turned their situation around makes be even more nervous. 

We need to do this...   

Jem

If he really believed that he would have been better off keeping it to himself rather than warning Scott.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Woolly Mammoth

Relax if Cardiff are a wounded animal then they need putting down out of their misery.
I know football can be unpredictable but If Mighty Fulham cannot move forward and build on this 2 0 advantage they worked so hard the other night to get to this position. Then there is something seriously wrong with their mentality, preparation application and organisation for a match of this magnitude. The pressure is on Cardiff to try and make a fist of it, if Harris thought they were good enough to turn this tie round by playing a kind of football that would return the compliment on a level playing field, then he wouldn't come out with the kind of rhetoric you would hear on a Sunday morning at grass roots all over England. We have heard it all before, a broken record, Harris is desperate he has no other ammo, his fuel tank light is blinking on emergency.
If I was Scott Parker I would make sure he sends his troops out to put this tie to bed. Don't give them hope when there isn't any. We have to be cute, and we have enough players with the experience to ensure we keep our game ticking over from where we left off at the end of the last match with them pinned down on the deck with nowhere to go.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.