News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone who said Ramsdale is better than Leno....

Started by Nick Bateman, May 14, 2023, 07:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Should view that 3rd goal he let in today! They made a HUGE mistake letting us have Leno! Arsenal's loss, Fulham's gain.  ::thumb::  ::scarf::
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Kingjay81

Absolute quality keeper and what's even more satisfying is the incredible business Marco, TK and his team done in the summer transfer window.

£8m for Leno- ridiculously good fee
£17m for Palhinha- now mooted £50-£60m transfer target
£8m for Perriera- now linked with Chelsea
Willian- Free
£5m for Vinny- 12 premier league starts, 5 goals and 2 assists. Peanuts!

Leno could well be our keeper for the next 5 or more years. Unbelievable business.

Motspur

I feel confident that Leno is going to be Germany's number one goalkeeper in forthcoming internationals which supports his decision to move from Arsenal, and get first team Premier League football. Ramsdale may be more 'visible' with his antics but doesn't make him a better goalkeeper. From
what I have seen he is our best goalkeeper at the Cottage for many years since Edwin van Der Sar. Takes crosses like Schwarzer and shot stopper like Edwin. A class purchase.

_Putney_

Fulham1959

Leno will make mistakes - every goalkeeper ever, does, or has done.  But I have seldom felt so comfortable with any Fulham goalkeeper through the years.  He's definitely comparable on reliability with Mark Schwartzer and Edwin van der Sar.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Kingjay81 on May 14, 2023, 08:33:13 PMAbsolute quality keeper and what's even more satisfying is the incredible business Marco, TK and his team done in the summer transfer window.

Willian- Free

Leno could well be our keeper for the next 5 or more years. Unbelievable business.

Bananas how good that window was

Kimbleman

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on May 15, 2023, 03:32:34 AM
Quote from: Kingjay81 on May 14, 2023, 08:33:13 PMAbsolute quality keeper and what's even more satisfying is the incredible business Marco, TK and his team done in the summer transfer window.

Willian- Free

Bananas how good that window was

Plus adding the Soloman loan with his five (nearly six on Saturday) goals!

Thailand Mick

If he is not named premier league goalkeeper of the season the award is not worth winning.(I bet Pope wins)

ianthailand

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 15, 2023, 07:11:50 AMIf he is not named premier league goalkeeper of the season the award is not worth winning.(I bet Pope wins)
Look out for the white smoke!

toshes mate

I cannot remember how far back it goes but I do recall the confident feeling Tony Macedo gave me.  When shots penetrated the defence there was always this guy behind them seemingly able to stop almost anything.  Leno gives me that same feeling and nobody else has done that for me since Macedo left the Club. 

I wonder how many deflected/own goals we have given away this season because they seem to be the most likely way Leno will be beaten. Absolute class act. 

filham

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 14, 2023, 09:19:47 PMDidn't realise Willian was free. Incredible.
But I think I am right in saying that we only have him under a years contract so he could well be away on a free this summer.

filham

Our best post war keepers
Ted Hinton
Tony Macedo
Edwin Van de Sar
Mark Schwarzer
Bernd Leno

The best character Jim Stannard ( he is fat, he is round, he is worth a million pound)

Just hope Leno stays at the Cottage for as long as Stannard did.

Cambridge Away

Not wanting to be the turd in the punch bowl, but perhaps the best description of Ramsdale, in comparison to Leno (who came to us as a pretty complete keeper) would be 'not as consistent'. I've only seen people slagging Ramsdale recently for instance.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: filham on May 15, 2023, 10:38:21 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on May 14, 2023, 09:19:47 PMDidn't realise Willian was free. Incredible.
But I think I am right in saying that we only have him under a years contract so he could well be away on a free this summer.

FFC1987

This point in time, for me, Leno is a better goalkeeper. BUT and its a big but, Ramsdale is 25, not in his prime, and if he carries on plying his trade at the highest level, he'll be en par, or better than Leno I think. Big If as well though, as, plenty of keepers have shown glimpses of being  the next big thing and just fell flat a few seasons later so we'll have to see.

The main thing is, we have Leno, a keeper in his prime, performing, consistently in his prime. And it's such a great thing to see for the club.

bog

Quote from: toshes mate on May 15, 2023, 10:31:53 AMI cannot remember how far back it goes but I do recall the confident feeling Tony Macedo gave me.  When shots penetrated the defence there was always this guy behind them seemingly able to stop almost anything.  Leno gives me that same feeling and nobody else has done that for me since Macedo left the Club. 

I wonder how many deflected/own goals we have given away this season because they seem to be the most likely way Leno will be beaten. Absolute class act. 

How could we ever forget Tony?

Fulham1959

Quote from: bog on May 15, 2023, 01:10:38 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on May 15, 2023, 10:31:53 AMI cannot remember how far back it goes but I do recall the confident feeling Tony Macedo gave me.  When shots penetrated the defence there was always this guy behind them seemingly able to stop almost anything.  Leno gives me that same feeling and nobody else has done that for me since Macedo left the Club. 

How could we ever forget Tony?

<<======  See picture at left !

Nick Bateman

If, as filham states, Leno is on a short contract then Fulham should move to secure him long term. That goes for all our quality players and have a massive buyout clause on all of them.

This includes Leno, Tete, Paulinha, Cairney & Mitrovic.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Palhinha Colada

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 15, 2023, 11:25:33 PMIf, as filham states, Leno is on a short contract then Fulham should move to secure him long term. That goes for all our quality players and have a massive buyout clause on all of them.

This includes Leno, Tete, Paulinha, Cairney & Mitrovic.

Leno signed a 3-year deal with an option for an additional year.