News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wrexham and Fulham's rise (similiarities)

Started by Cambridge Away, May 11, 2023, 08:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Burt on May 13, 2023, 10:47:47 AM"Welcome to Wrexham" was a good watch but I have yet to see a series that beats "Sunderland 'til I Die".
Yes, i thought that as i watched it. Sunderland til i die is much better for football fans in general. It was just hard to compare because i saw those two series so long ago and you never know how your mood affects your perception of things. From what i remember, the way Sunderland Til i Die capture the emotion of the sport and business (like Football Manager/Moneyball) put it above the Wrexham doc (which focussed more on commmunity, tribalism and individual stories of the town).
The one thing that i kept thinking when i saw the Wrexham doc was, will they continue to make these indefinitely? Sunderland til i die, i wanted more of (but they stopped), where as the Wrexham doc i was enjoying, but sort of wanting to end (perhaps because it was dumbed down, as people say). Which is the exact feelings i got when watching The Office (Original) and The Office (USA). The UK one i wanted to keep going. The USA one i stopped watching after the first series.  But that didn't mean other people didn't enjoy watching the USA Office for many more series' than i thought they possibly could.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Most interesting thing to me about the Wrexham series is we will see how things change for the club in its progress through the divisions. I think they will get to league one very soon, maybe even in one season. Stockport might do it this year with nowhere near the resources or momentum. Getting out of league one will be a very different proposition though.