more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I’ve put a £10. Bet on Brentford to win

Started by Andy S, August 04, 2020, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

sunburywhite

I bet on the opposition quite often

That way if I lose my money I am happy, if I win my bet and Fulham lose then my pain is softened by winning a few quid
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

F(f)CUK

That is only acceptable if you have appalling luck (like me) and usually jinx dead certs so that they fail miserably if you put a bet on them.

Fulham 442

I would never bet against us. Just goes against the grain. If I won my bet it means we've lost and any money I made wouldn't compensate for that, especially not tonight.

FulhamRhodeIsland

Reminds me of a story my buddy tells. A huge Patriots fan, he went to the New England Patriots vs New York Giants Super Bowl in 2008. Patriots were undefeated and regarded as one of the best teams ever. He paid close to $1800 for his ticket. The game was in Arizona, and he had a layover in Las Vegas. He put enough money on the underdog New York Giants to win outright to get his money back for the ticket if the Giants won the game. He said he took out "ticket insurance."

Jim©

About 30 years ago, I'd quite often put a £5 on the opposition to win. Not only did I make a lot of money but it did give me a few £s to have a drink on Fulham for spoiling my day.
Won £100 the other night betting on Cardiff to win, eased the pain and if I'd have lost the money, I'd be happier that Fulham won.

Just doesn't feel right doing it tonight.

Fulham Joe

Why would you do that? what happens if it's a draw after 90 minutes, and then Brentford go on to win in extra time, or on penalties? You lose both ways.

thebumponleroyshead

Emotional hedges are needed as a team of non notoriety methinks.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

filham

So now we know why Brentford are the bookies favourites, I am feeling better already.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

WindyCity

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 04, 2020, 02:06:29 PM
Strange .........

Ha, just as I read your post, I'm listening to some Doors and right now Strange Days is on.....

Strange?

AnOldBrownie

I wish I knew where to place a $100 bet here in the states.  I'd bet on Brentford.     It would definitely dull the pain of a loss, and I'd be more than happy to pay $100 for a Fulham win.