News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else looking forward to the Ashes?

Started by Jimpav, November 24, 2010, 08:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 25, 2010, 09:35:19 PM
I have no idea what you lot are on about.  :011:
You dont want to know, it's almost as boring as basketball.

michaelread

Quote from: HatterDon on November 25, 2010, 07:29:43 PM
So, I stop following the match on the England-Wales Cricket Board's page when England has righted the ship at 164-4, and then check out SSN this afternoon to discover that they're all out for 160? What's up? Isn't there anybody but Bell in the middle order strong enough to protect England's tail.

How did the guys look on TV? Was it just brilliant bowling or a big collapse? Man, I hate not being able to watch the Ashes.

Peter Siddle, almost not selected, came out on his 26th birthday and cleaned up the middle order single handedly. Became only the 4th Australian in Ashes History to take a hat trick, it was brilliant, he could not put a foot wrong, he took a wicket earlier, had a rest, came back in and took an edge, then bowled one clean, then bowled a full toss that pinned him for an LBW.

Was a good day to be an Aussie

SmithyFFC

Quote from: michaelread on November 25, 2010, 01:17:23 AM
cant wait to sing 5 - 0 in the streets of london in a month or so.

Do that if you want, you'll look a bit of a muppet!  :59:  :005:
FTID

ScalleysDad

Quote from: michaelread on November 25, 2010, 10:09:10 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 25, 2010, 07:29:43 PM
So, I stop following the match on the England-Wales Cricket Board's page when England has righted the ship at 164-4, and then check out SSN this afternoon to discover that they're all out for 160? What's up? Isn't there anybody but Bell in the middle order strong enough to protect England's tail.

How did the guys look on TV? Was it just brilliant bowling or a big collapse? Man, I hate not being able to watch the Ashes.

Peter Siddle, almost not selected, came out on his 26th birthday and cleaned up the middle order single handedly. Became only the 4th Australian in Ashes History to take a hat trick, it was brilliant, he could not put a foot wrong, he took a wicket earlier, had a rest, came back in and took an edge, then bowled one clean, then bowled a full toss that pinned him for an LBW.

Was a good day to be an Aussie

In the cricket way of things a big fat round of applause to Peter Siddle but an element of the quintessential England middle order batting collapse as well. What Prior was thinking goodness knows, Cook could have been a bit smarter and Broad should have had his mind fixed on defending the inevitable fast and staright one. It does make for a good morning session coming up shortly and both Finn and Anderson could yet have a moment or three before I crawl up to bed around the aussie lunch time.  Collingwood will probably escape unscathed because KP will say something daft but the Somerset 'massive' did'nt select him for this one. Dinger Bell has had a great season so I'm pleased for him.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I think the first test will be a draw and England will win the series,and Australia will sink into the seas to the sound of Aussie whinging and moaning lol
Australian sportsman are so arrogant and such very bad winners,luckerly this arrogance is only found in their sportsmen as I've always found normal Aussies such very good company-who doesn't love beer and sport? 2-1 to the English and 2 draws I think :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: COME ON ENGLAND :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Jimpav

Nice bowling Syd!

A draw at the Gabba will be a good result.

Not such a good day to be an Aussie yesterday Michael?!

sipwell

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 25, 2010, 09:35:19 PM
I have no idea what you lot are on about.  :011:

I second that. I tried to read this thread. I am not sure whether it is English.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jimpav

Being Belgian I'm sure you could learn to appreciate cricket Sipwell.

As a spectator it can involve up to 5 days solid drinking.

sipwell

Quote from: Jimpav on November 26, 2010, 04:03:32 PM

You seem to imply that you need a reason to drink solidly. Like in: we are going to watch the cricket because we can then engage in solid drinking.

As a Belgian you don't need a reason to do that. You just start to drink... and stop drinking when you had enough.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: sipwell on November 26, 2010, 04:40:31 PM

You seem to imply that you need a reason to drink solidly. Like in: we are going to watch the cricket because we can then engage in solid drinking.

As a Belgian you don't need a reason to do that. You just start to drink... and stop drinking when you had enough.

Stop when you've had enough ? That's pure amateur  :wine:

sipwell

Quote from: Vinnieffc on November 26, 2010, 04:54:55 PM
Quote from: sipwell on November 26, 2010, 04:40:31 PM

Stop when you've had enough ? That's pure amateur  :wine:

If you pass in Belgium, try Duvel. Also ask for a doctor to be on guard. If you've been there, you know when to stop ;-)

Jimpav

I bought some Duvel back from Bruge a couple of years ago - it's terrifying stuff!

sipwell

Quote from: Jimpav on November 27, 2010, 10:49:36 AM
I bought some Duvel back from Bruge a couple of years ago - it's terrifying stuff!

Nobody ever drank 10 Duvels on an evening. They are taken to hospital after 7 or so :)

By the way: we hijacked the post about the Ashes to discuss something more important  :005: and  :clap_hands:

Burt

Lets get this post back on track now fellas.

NO.

michaelread

so, how about that Mike Hussey character.

c'mon Aussie c'mon!

Jimpav

Fair play mate. Mitchell is having a mare though!

It's got draw all over this match- not a bad start for us pom's.