watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Pa

Started by bog, August 05, 2020, 11:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I think last night showed that Scott is good at thinking out tactics. The Bees had no sting throughout. We stopped their dangermen who had caused havoc with a lot of sides and when we were in possession we looked very good. As for that free kick...Pity Knockhart's pass to Cav was off target, 0-3 would have looked very nice. Thanks Scott.  Old sods like me are lapping it up. For so many years the bowl was empty.  :54:   

BMW? More like Lada last night....one that failed its MOT.   

092.gif

WhiteJC

reminds me of the old joke...

"why do Lada's have heated rear windows?"

"to keep your hands warm in winter while you're pushing it"

RaySmith

Quote from: bog on August 05, 2020, 11:57:35 AM
I think last night showed that Scott is good at thinking out tactics. The Bees had no sting throughout. We stopped their dangermen who had caused havoc with a lot of sides and when we were in possession we looked very good. As for that free kick...Pity Knockhart's pass to Cav was off target, 0-3 would have looked very nice. Thanks Scott.  Old sods like me are lapping it up. For so many years the bowl was empty.  :54:   

BMW? More like Lada last night....one that failed its MOT.   

092.gif

0001.jpeg

Some in the media well miffed this morning, and still not giving us the credit we deserved.
A tactical masterplan  from Scott and coaches,  very well executed by the team, who ran and grafted and  gave their all.

blingo

Good tactics in one match does not make anyone a good manager. (Think Barnsley, home and away for one). SP is inexperienced and is still learning. We had a great result last night, but the real work starts now.

Sting of the North

Quote from: blingo on August 05, 2020, 12:13:29 PM
Good tactics in one match does not make anyone a good manager. (Think Barnsley, home and away for one). SP is inexperienced and is still learning. We had a great result last night, but the real work starts now.

Was this, in your opinion, the only game in which our tactics were good this year?

filham

Quote from: whitejc on August 05, 2020, 12:00:57 PM
reminds me of the old joke...

"why do Lada's have heated rear windows?"

"to keep your hands warm in winter while you're pushing it"

What do you call a Lada with twin exhausts --- A wheelbarrow.

filham

Quote from: blingo on August 05, 2020, 12:13:29 PM
Come on give credit where it is due.
Our leaky defence has gone and we are now getting frequent clan sheets. Since lockdown Mitro has made only six starts but we have won promotion, most of us would have happily sttled for this at the start of the season after last season's disaster.

Yes Parker is still learning which means there could be better yet to come.
Sure Parker has hard work ahead of him and our support may just help a little.