watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Outbound for next season

Started by glenhodgso, August 05, 2020, 11:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenhodgso

Similar to what we did with Rodak, we need to get our young talent out to Championship and League One teams on season long loans in order to support their personal development as realistically they won't get match experience in the coming season.

The guys I propose we should loan out in order to continue their education and gain regular match day experience are:

Stansfield
Jasper
Drameh
Ashby-Hammond
O'Reilly
de la Torre
Fossey

That way they gain experience and still add value to our club

Thoughts?

Deeping_white

O'Riley will definitely be getting experience next season but he won't be owned by us, he's leaving because we couldn't agree a new contract with him.

Asotosyios

Steven Sessegnon is the one that should go out on loan to a Championship club as I can't see him getting a lot of time next year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Arthur

Jay Stansfield is only 17. His being a part of our PL2 set up next season seems like the best option to me. Even if there were a lower league club where he would get into the first XI (which I'm not sure there would be), it may be unnecessarily premature for him to experience being kicked up in the air by rugged, intimidating centre-backs on a twice-weekly basis.

I would think a loan move would be better for those players the O.P. mentions such as De La Torre and Fossey - players who are already in their twenties, have been in and around the PL2 squad for a while, and for whom lower league football may now represent their best chance of bridging the gap between PL2 and PL1 (if they are ever to do so). Strikers Taylor-Crossdale and Cameron Thompson, both 20, might also benefit in this way.