more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whose our Player of the Season?

Started by rebel, August 06, 2020, 10:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

fulhamben

I've asked this before but got no answer, has anyone kept a record of who won the most motm on here.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ByTheRiver

Mitro*
Rodak
Hector
Reed

*winning the golden boot means there can't really be any debate on this.

I think Rodak has been truly exceptional in his first full season in our first team, couple with the arrival of Hector they transformed the back four and made us a team that can hold on to leads. Reed has also played a huge part in that giving them the protection that is required.

Shout for Onomah too for his breakthrough.

WindyCity

Really is a good question.  Hector pre covid was terrific.  Post covid he had some rather poor games.  Rodak saved the team on many occasions and could also be considered.  And the improvements of both Onomah and Kebano do not go unnoticed.  And you have to also consider our Golden Boot boy, but he really wasn't much of a factor towards end of season and thru the playoffs.  Reed made some great contributions as well.  Does the Mitroless team move forward to the PL without playoff help from Onomah and Kebano? 

Really tough question to answer regarding POS.  Maybe all things considered (injuries, not enough play time, slumps, etc) you have to go with Rodak as he was very consistent throughout the entire season?

AnOldBrownie

I'm going to say Michael Hector...with Mitro as a runner up.

Coming back from the break showed me that Fulham has enough talent to win games without Mitro.

Take Michael Hector out of that lineup and play MLM instead.   We are a championship side next season.

Michael Hector, regardless of how many games he played, is why we go up...so he's my MOTS.  The long pings out of the back, the dive tackles, the toughness he added to a fairly soft defensive back. 

Deuce

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 06, 2020, 04:50:40 PM
I'm going to say Michael Hector...with Mitro as a runner up.

Coming back from the break showed me that Fulham has enough talent to win games without Mitro.

Take Michael Hector out of that lineup and play MLM instead.   We are a championship side next season.

Michael Hector, regardless of how many games he played, is why we go up...so he's my MOTS.  The long pings out of the back, the dive tackles, the toughness he added to a fairly soft defensive back. 
Thats not really a fair argument. You could just as easily argue that take away Mitros goal and we're not even in the playoffs, let alone the prem. We did do well even before Hector came into the side, just as we did win games without Mitro. You cant base your choice on hypotheticals.

And its obvious that we got promoted mainly thanks to a collective, team effort (sounds like a cliché but still true for Parkers Fulham) and not to one player.

Moltobueno

I agree with OldBrownie, it has to be Hector

hovewhite

Mitro another great season and just improves every season .

Samsara

Rodak. He's a gem. If any player were to leave, I'd hate to see him go more than any other.

spoonffc

Hector or Reed for sheer impact -

Hector managed to keep himself focused without playing for the first half of season and when he was finally called upon made such a massive impact in the backline, I'd argue in his first 5-10 games I haven't seen a better centre back for us since Hangeland and Hughes.

Reed since he came back from injury and since lockdown absolutely immense, covers every blade of grass, reads the game so well 9 times out of 10 he seems to be in the right place at the right time which is a real skill and then has the composure when he wins the ball to keep it so well. The player Steve Sidwell wished he'd had been.   

Rodak a honourable mention, went from second choice to a top 8 Premiership goalkeeper in the space of a season, and Josh Onomah is certainly most improved. At one stage I think we all wondered why he was getting so much game time, often looked lost but man has been a beast since lockdown, absolutely bulldozers through the opposition and is muscle we've really lacked in recent memory and was the physical presence we needed to get through such a difficult time. Testament to him and Parker for his impact. 

Southcoastffc

I wonder how many points Rodak saved us this season, and how many saves he made which kept us in games. We'll never know, but those and his consistency throughout are the reasons I chose him.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

F(f)CUK