News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most of the £100M we spent in 18/19 is still in the squad.

Started by Samsara, August 06, 2020, 11:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KilianG

Quote from: ALG01 on August 07, 2020, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: Samsara on August 06, 2020, 11:03:30 PM
I'd give them all a second chance minus Mawson/Fabri. Especially Zambo who has shown he's a quality player at Villareal. He played especially well under Scotty too.

I have to disagree about anguissa.
When he was here he was lazy. he had a couple of better games toward the end, when he could be bothered. But game after game, even in the ones he looked a bit more like it, he failed to put in that much effort. he was one of the worst, I would hate to see him return. I do not understand the recent love in wiyth him. Maybe he can get away with it in spoain but in englkand you have to work your socks off, he doesn't.

Our League (La Liga in Spain) is way less physical and more technical so with less athleticism and less motivation you can shine as long as you have technique, I would sell him to Villareal if they can pay the price, which they didn't in time but maybe there was an extension due to the Covid situation

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 07, 2020, 12:41:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 11:58:31 AM

but in this case we know for a fact that transfermarket are well off.

Do we? In what way are they well off? Maybe I just missed the facts, would you please enlighten me?

Yep exactly.
I'm not saying the transfermarkt fees are never wrong but in this case they're almost exactly in line with the figures i had in mind based on various press reports and ITK info on here.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 12:58:04 PM

Do we? In what way are they well off? Maybe I just missed the facts, would you please enlighten me?

Yep exactly.
I'm not saying the transfermarkt fees are never wrong but in this case they're almost exactly in line with the figures i had in mind based on various press reports and ITK info on here.
we know they are well off because seri wanted to sue everyone because he missed out on a clause that would have been triggered if he went for more than ten million
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

12 million euros is the exact price we paid for seri and thats from his lawyer

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 01:10:45 PM

Yep exactly.
we know they are well off because seri wanted to sue everyone because he missed out on a clause that would have been triggered if he went for more than ten million

The key here was that he "wanted to sue everyone". No one believes that MLM was bought for much more than Seri and maybe Transfermarkt did their due diligence and used what they believe was the actual fees we paid. That is also just one case, and Transfermarkts combined fee for Seri and MLM seem to correspond fairly well with the reports at the time. What other fees do we "know for a fact" are wrong?

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 07, 2020, 01:25:39 PM

Yep exactly.

The key here was that he "wanted to sue everyone". No one believes that MLM was bought for much more than Seri and maybe Transfermarkt did their due diligence and used what they believe was the actual fees we paid. That is also just one case, and Transfermarkts combined fee for Seri and MLM seem to correspond fairly well with the reports at the time. What other fees do we "know for a fact" are wrong?
They didn't, as they still have seri priced at a few million more than we paid for mlm and seri combined. I'm not sure why this is even a thing, it takes two seconds to look it up and disprove what they reported as prices we paid

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 01:29:04 PM

Yep exactly.

They didn't, as they still have seri priced at a few million more than we paid for mlm and seri combined. I'm not sure why this is even a thing, it takes two seconds to look it up and disprove what they reported as prices we paid

But we don't know what we actually paid do we, because if we did we would not be having this conversation? Or have I missed something in this thread where an official number was presented? My apologies if that is the case.

On Transfermarkt it is listed as € 30 million for Seri, which seem to correspond well with the reported figure of around £ 25 million at the time. I am not aware of the exact conversion rate between the currencies at that time, but on the other hand no one has claimed that these are exact numbers anyway. The combined fee for Seri and MLM was reported as being more than £ 30 million, so it all seem to line up rather well. Still not sure what facts you have presented other than that the allocation of the fees have been heavily disputed (which is another discussion altogether). Nor am I sure what you managed to look up in your 2 seconds of research.

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 07, 2020, 01:47:40 PM

Yep exactly.

But we don't know what we actually paid do we, because if we did we would not be having this conversation? Or have I missed something in this thread where an official number was presented? My apologies if that is the case.

On Transfermarkt it is listed as € 30 million for Seri, which seem to correspond well with the reported figure of around £ 25 million at the time. I am not aware of the exact conversion rate between the currencies at that time, but on the other hand no one has claimed that these are exact numbers anyway. The combined fee for Seri and MLM was reported as being more than £ 30 million, so it all seem to line up rather well. Still not sure what facts you have presented other than that the allocation of the fees have been heavily disputed (which is another discussion altogether). Nor am I sure what you managed to look up in your 2 seconds of research.
for the love of god. We do know how much we payed because seris lawyer has told us, I'll do your home work for you because you can't be bothered
According to the CIES report, if Fulham FC has paid a total of €24,665,000 to the OGC Nice (which is the total figure for the two transfers, according to the information available to us), then, in reality, €18,666,725 correspond to the transfer value of Mr Seri and €5,998,275 to the transfer value of Mr Marchand. That's how much we payed for the both of them.  Less than what transfermarket has us paying for just seri. The whole court case was about us officially only paying 12 million euros for seri and 12..6 for mlm. No matter how you spin it we paid a lot less for the pair than transfermarket has us down for paying for just seri alone. It's not even close when you add mlm to seris price on there.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 01:56:46 PM

Yep exactly.

for the love of god. We do know how much we payed because seris lawyer has told us, I'll do your home work for you because you can't be bothered
According to the CIES report, if Fulham FC has paid a total of €24,665,000 to the OGC Nice (which is the total figure for the two transfers, according to the information available to us), then, in reality, €18,666,725 correspond to the transfer value of Mr Seri and €5,998,275 to the transfer value of Mr Marchand. That's how much we payed for the both of them.  Less than what transfermarket has us paying for just seri. The whole court case was about us officially only paying 12 million euros for seri and 12..6 for mlm. No matter how you spin it we paid a lot less for the pair than transfermarket has us down for paying for just seri alone. It's not even close when you add mlm to seris price on there.

I think the clue is in the part that says "court case". It wouldn't have gone to court unless there was some serious ambiguity about this transfer.

The statement you've quoted above is from one side's lawyer and caveated with "according to the information available to us" (ie, "it might be wrong").

And to be quite honest, the numbers over which you're arguing, EUR 25m (the lawyer's number) vs EUR 34m (Transfermarkt's number, for both transfers), are well within the margin of error that's always going to exist around an undisclosed transfer fee.

Let's just say we signed Seri and MLM for about EUR 30m shall we.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 02:07:53 PM

Yep exactly.

I think the clue is in the part that says "court case". It wouldn't have gone to court unless there was some serious ambiguity about this transfer.

The statement you've quoted above is from one side's lawyer and caveated with "according to the information available to us" (ie, "it might be wrong").

And to be quite honest, the numbers over which you're arguing, EUR 25m (the lawyer's number) vs EUR 34m (Transfermarkt's number, for both transfers), are well within the margin of error that's always going to exist around an undisclosed transfer fee.

you can say that if you want but it's a lot closer to 20 million

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 02:14:02 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 02:07:53 PM

Yep exactly.

you can say that if you want but it's a lot closer to 20 million
According to you and Seri's lawyer.
According to Transfermarkt it's closer to £30m.
So who knows

Sting of the North

What's with the drama? If you didn't have facts you could just have said so and reiterated that you only had unconfirmed numbers from Seri's lawyer that you happen to believe are accurate. I tried to search for actual facts and came up with nothing, which was of course as expected. I am not really sure what your point is here though? I don't think anyone believes that Transfermarkt correctly shows the transfer values of all undisclosed transfers, but it was argued that it generally gives a fairly accurate picture. Maybe it doesn't, but it seems like neither of us know for sure.   

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 07, 2020, 02:18:35 PM

What's with the drama? If you didn't have facts you could just have said so and reiterated that you only had unconfirmed numbers from Seri's lawyer that you happen to believe are accurate. I tried to search for actual facts and came up with nothing, which was of course as expected. I am not really sure what your point is here though? I don't think anyone believes that Transfermarkt correctly shows the transfer values of all undisclosed transfers, but it was argued that it generally gives a fairly accurate picture. Maybe it doesn't, but it seems like neither of us know for sure.   
well I know seri didn't instruct his lawyer to take nice to court for the fun of it, and I know he also didn't instruct his lawyer to demand that the fa conduct an investigation into it the fun of it. But maybe he did just make it all up and the cies is wrong and he was actually paid the correct money from his 33 million dollar transfer to us. Hopefully our record signing will return to us this season

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 02:32:40 PM

well I know seri didn't instruct his lawyer to take nice to court for the fun of it, and I know he also didn't instruct his lawyer to demand that the fa conduct an investigation into it the fun of it. But maybe he did just make it all up and the cies is wrong and he was actually paid the correct money from his 33 million dollar transfer to us. Hopefully our record signing will return to us this season
Seri's dispute is the allocation between him and MLM of the amount paid.
He's not disputing the amount paid.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 02:50:19 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 02:32:40 PM

Seri's dispute is the allocation between him and MLM of the amount paid.
He's not disputing the amount paid.
yep, the amount paid was 24. 6 million euros combined.  Transfermarket has seri valued at over 28 million euros Alone. It's not even close, that was my point it's not really a reliable source.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on August 07, 2020, 02:55:34 PM
the amount paid was 24. 6 million euros combined*

*according to an equally unreliable source

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2020, 05:26:04 PM

at least you are admitting that transfermarket is an unreliable source. That's a step in the right direction