News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFCU18s have been crowned Premier League South Champions!

Started by Southcoastffc, August 07, 2020, 04:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Well done lads.   049:gif  :clap_hands:

Fulham have been crowned Under-18 Premier League South Champions for the 2019/20 season.

The young Whites found themselves top of the pile after the curtailment of the season, three points ahead of second place West Ham United.

All clubs voted on a Points Per Game (PPG) solution, which grants Fulham a third U18 league title in nine years.

The side performed to a high level consistently and strong performances were rewarded, with a number of players making the leap up to Under-23 football.

Unfortunately, the National Play-Off will not be going ahead as planned.

Everybody at Fulham Football club would like to congratulate the staff and players for this brilliant achievement.

On his sides' title win, Manager Steve Wigley said: "I'm pleased for the boys because when you only lose one game in 17 you've achieved something.

"The disappointing aspect of it is that we still had five games to go and I would loved to have seen how we played in those games because that's when the pressure is on.

"It's great for the boys though, they had a great season and it's an amazing achievement.

"Of course we would have liked the opportunity to play Manchester City in the National Play-Off. We'd be more than happy to drive up to Manchester but the decision has been made."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Beat me to it, fantastic achievement
Fulham have been crowned Under-18 Premier League South Champions for the 2019/20 season.

The young Whites found themselves top of the pile after the curtailment of the season, three points ahead of second place West Ham United.

All clubs voted on a Points Per Game (PPG) solution, which grants Fulham a third U18 league title in nine years.

The side performed to a high level consistently and strong performances were rewarded, with a number of players making the leap up to Under-23 football.

Unfortunately, the National Play-Off will not be going ahead as planned.

Everybody at Fulham Football club would like to congratulate the staff and players for this brilliant achievement.

On his sides' title win, Manager Steve Wigley said: "I'm pleased for the boys because when you only lose one game in 17 you've achieved something.

"The disappointing aspect of it is that we still had five games to go and I would loved to have seen how we played in those games because that's when the pressure is on.

"It's great for the boys though, they had a great season and it's an amazing achievement.

"Of course we would have liked the opportunity to play Manchester City in the National Play-Off. We'd be more than happy to drive up to Manchester but the decision has been made."
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MikeTheCubed

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on August 07, 2020, 04:57:35 PM
Great news although I wonder why it took so long.
It was only decided today by the clubs themselves to determine final standings on a points per game basis.  Part of a bigger meeting I believe.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Twig

grandad

Congratulations to the kids. How many of them will be stolen by the "BIG" clubs never to be seen again?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

A subplot to this news is that it should mean that we get a place in the UEFA Youth League, which is normally the prize for winning the PL league at various ages, so that's a huge bonus for the academy.