News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would you prefer for our first game back in The Premier League?

Started by Fernhurst, August 09, 2020, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

To stay up with a bit to spare we need 40 points.
10 wins
10 draws

Our starting 11 will need to be much faster and stronger than last time, therefore, my wish is for us to draw Leeds United at home to really test where we are on the strength/fitness scale. A comfy 2-0 win would really give me hope for the season ahead.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Syd Cupp

Ash FFC

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 09, 2020, 11:11:10 AM
10 wins
10 draws

Our starting 11 will need to be much faster and stronger than last time, therefore, my wish is for us to draw Leeds United at home to really test where we are on the strength/fitness scale. A comfy 2-0 win would really give me hope for the season ahead.
I would tend to agree, however, last time we were promoted, our first game, home against Palace was a game which was, I think, a 'must win'. Put a lot of pressure on us in the first game and we lost 2-0. I wonder if we're better playing City, United or Liverpool away first - nothing to lose really and we may be more likely to produce a shock. Who knows though!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Whitestone

We need to get points on the board asap so could do with avoiding the Machester clubs, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. A home game would be handy although saying that it didn't make any difference last time.

sunburywhite

Home to Brentford, oh hang on a minute, they didnt get promoted lol
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Any match out of last season's top six plus Arsenal at home is a must win six pointer, so we don't want that immediate pressure.
Lets play that lot down the road ,at the Bridge and treat it as a pre season friendly.

fulhamben

I can't think of one easy match to be fair. So how about a Baptism of fire and go for Liverpool at Anfield just to get it out of the way.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

If away, anywhere I wouldn't go, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Man City, Man U, Everton.

Southdowns White

fulhamben

Quote from: Southdowns White on August 09, 2020, 01:58:39 PM
Man c, Liverpool, Manure. Get them over and done with.
yep we might get stuffed but will give the team valuable game time together before the important winnable matches
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Our target 🎯 to be top twelve 🧲 nothing less if we can avoid it. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Quote from: Ash FFC on August 09, 2020, 11:53:11 AM
10 wins
10 draws

I would tend to agree, however, last time we were promoted, our first game, home against Palace was a game which was, I think, a 'must win'. Put a lot of pressure on us in the first game and we lost 2-0. I wonder if we're better playing City, United or Liverpool away first - nothing to lose really and we may be more likely to produce a shock. Who knows though!

It still upsets me we weren't awarded the obvious penalty against Palace when we were only one down. Who knows, even a point could've made a difference?

ffc73

I would like the games to be mixed up this time.  I recall last time we seemed to get the "big" clubs all grouped together.  I think we need to keep the points ticking over throughout the season so a run at home like last time of Spurs, (Brighton), Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh would not be ideal.  We beat Brighton, the rest....

We also had 'winnable' points home games -v- Palace, Burnley, Watford, (Arsenal), Bournemouth, Southampton, Leicester, WHU, Wolves and Huddersfield by 31st December.  Clearly points were not on the board and pressure was on gaining points away in the second half of the season from the PL mini-league teams.  Not easy.

Only game I have a personal preference on is Spurs away.  New (developed) ground so next March or April please and we might be allowed to go in person and tick that one off.

Bill2

Quote from: Ash FFC on August 09, 2020, 11:53:11 AM
10 wins
10 draws

I agree a club where everyone would expect you to lose and you might get a shock result especially if they were in Champions League games. Also it is out of the way, not a game you would want as last of the season.

S.F.Sorrow

If we do most of our business (too) late as usual we might as well get Man City away and be done with it. But if we get the most critical reinforcements soon enough to be prepared I would prefer something winnable to hopefully get a good start to the season.

The one thing we must avoid is starting a lot of new players too soon (especially in defence) in a 'must win' game, like Chambers/Bryan vs Palace.

MikeTheCubed

At home to a Wolves side knackered from prolonged Europa League contention.

Woolly Mammoth

There is no easy game home or away.
We have much more chance of upsetting Sky and the Bbc by upsetting one of their star teams by playing them early on and getting a so called shock result on the first day, it has happened before.
We could just as easily play Newcastle at home and lose.
So let's have one of Sky's favourites away, we can sometimes have a better chance catching them early than later. We have to play them at some stage, get it out the way and we may pick their pocket at the same time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.