A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Sess back on loan?

Started by N_O_W_S, August 05, 2020, 09:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you take Ryan Sess on loan for a season?

Yes
120 (52.9%)
No
63 (27.8%)
Depending on permanent signings
44 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Voting closed: August 06, 2020, 09:25:51 AM

Sting of the North

Reading this thread, it surprises me how many posters seem to have forgotten what Ryan did for us the first two seasons and focus only on his less successful PL campaign. After watching him play 100 + games there is no doubt in my mind that he is at the very least going to have a very good career close to the absolute highest level and that he will always be good enough to challenge for a starting spot in FFC. His football intelligence and knack for being in the right place (which he showed a lot of even in the PL, contrary to what some seem to remember) are skills that are hard to teach that seemingly comes natural to him. All the rest will still come in time.

The kid only just turned 20, most players are at best up and coming fringe players in a PL club at that age whereas Ryan already have a Championship player of the season trophy.

Other than the pure facts, the above is of course all in my opinion. Even though I don't see him filling a critical need (as he is not such an obvius upgrade over Knockaert, Ivan, Reid etc.), I would have him back in a heartbeat.   

Mince n Tatties

I haven't forgotten what he did for us,love the kid.
I'm just being realistic,not living on past glories.
He hasn't progressed imo as a player since the championship..Would love him to prove me wrong as well.
And if he does come back to us,he will get my full support like the other players do.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 06, 2020, 08:22:04 AM
Reading this thread, it surprises me how many posters seem to have forgotten what Ryan did for us the first two seasons and focus only on his less successful PL campaign. After watching him play 100 + games there is no doubt in my mind that he is at the very least going to have a very good career close to the absolute highest level and that he will always be good enough to challenge for a starting spot in FFC. His football intelligence and knack for being in the right place (which he showed a lot of even in the PL, contrary to what some seem to remember) are skills that are hard to teach that seemingly comes natural to him. All the rest will still come in time.

The kid only just turned 20, most players are at best up and coming fringe players in a PL club at that age whereas Ryan already have a Championship player of the season trophy.

Other than the pure facts, the above is of course all in my opinion. Even though I don't see him filling a critical need (as he is not such an obvius upgrade over Knockaert, Ivan, Reid etc.), I would have him back in a heartbeat.   

There might of been glimpses of what he could do in the Prem, from memory they were very few. In one match he ended up on the deck 3 / 4 times, there was nobody close to him. I'm not being overly critical. 

Mince n Tatties

The post I put up earlier about Forest and Portsmouth wanting him I heard wrong.
It's Steven their looking at not Ryan.

N_O_W_S

Really interesting split in voting.

It finished with 120 saying yes and almost exactly half that saying no at 62.

Personally, i would take him back. I think he offers more than some in the squad and he has a history. He wouldnt expect him to have a settling in period as he is Fulham!

St Eve

I really hope that we try to get him. He is Fulham and only 20. Not rated at Spurs clearly so make an offer. Better and younger than Cav, knocks and Deca

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: St Eve on August 12, 2020, 03:49:22 AM
I really hope that we try to get him. He is Fulham and only 20. Not rated at Spurs clearly so make an offer. Better and younger than Cav, knocks and Deca

For me his strengths are his positioning, he puts himself in dangerous places for the opposition when we are in possession, particularly between defenders and between defence and midfield, he is also a clinical finisher for a midfielder. He can also deliver an incisive ball and create openings.

The downside, he is not that pacey, his work rate when we are out of position can be questionable and his head went down a little too easily in the PL last time. 

It's 50/50 for me and depends what the coaching staff are looking for.

AnOldBrownie

At some point we need to get starters before we build up support.   I would only bring back Sess after we had signed a quality...mid table level CB, and a quality RB.

Like Sess...and wouldn't be against him coming back at a minimal price.