watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Brentford's top players

Started by FulhamKC, August 11, 2020, 10:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

I know many of you don't like/care about Brentford, so no need to read any further if you fit that profile.

It seems like many teams are after Brentford's top players - Watkins, Mbeumo, Benrahma, Rico, Pinnock, et al. I know they have a good track record of recruiting good new young players but seems to me that they can't let too many of these guys go if they want to get promoted next year.

I know I would take a couple of them for FFC.

The Rational Fan

Brentford's wage will break FFP if they don't sell someone for a profit. But if sell their whole team to Watford, then Watford wouldn't be breaking FFP. If Brentford then bought half the Watford team they would.be breaking FFP. FFP doesn't want Brentford buying promotion by the owners paying to keep their players or buying new ones.

70sPimlico

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 11, 2020, 10:21:03 PM
Brentford's wage will break FFP if they don't sell someone for a profit. But if sell their whole team to Watford, then Watford wouldn't be breaking FFP. If Brentford then bought half the Watford team they would.be breaking FFP. FFP doesn't want Brentford buying promotion by the owners paying to keep their players or buying new ones.

I read that reply like the opening of Soap with the music in my head.

(For kids of the late 70's)

We Are Premier League

I suspect they will sell Watkins, Benrahma and Rico for a profit of close to 50m, but that will be very tough to replace. Unless their scouting team come up with another master signing, i dont think they will be up for promotion next year.

The 3 relegated teams will be very hard to beat and there is always one or two random teams that go on a good run, stoke's year to outperform?