watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sergio rico

Started by 7787fulham, August 12, 2020, 09:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7787fulham

Sergio rico has just come on for PSG in the champions league.

KJS

I'd have him back any day👍

howitis

yep, I thought he was a decent keeper, unfairly maligned because he was playing in a very poor defensive team

KingofCheese

Did he get on? I thought they sent him back.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Milo

He was so, so poor in the air! I had my head in my hands whenever there was a cross.

7787fulham

I must admit I wasn't a fan and thought he seemed a little out of his depth at times but still better than Fabri.

Stueyd

I was always impressed with Rico and felt he was unfairly treated as he was playing behind a poor back four. As for Fabri, he never get a fair chance as two games is not enough to really have a view.

Texas White

He was sat in the goal laughing when we were relegated... really... no thanks

Woolly Mammoth

Not good enough, neither of them. No wonder team spirit was low.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mickeyboro

Couldn't catch a cold. We have upgraded, thank god!

Deeping_white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 13, 2020, 01:32:23 AM
Not good enough, neither of them. No wonder team spirit was low.

So why is Rico playing fairly regularly for a far better team than us then?

cookieg

So he's not good enough for Fulham but on the bench and plays last 10 minutes or so for PSG and they win 2-1. Probably says more about what was going on at Fulham than him being a poor goalkeeper, behind a crap defence, maybe communication problems.

bill taylors apprentice

He hasn't got to be a pro keeper without having high ability and he is a very good shot stopper.
He also was exposed by our poor defending but his style does not breed confidence in the physicality of the English game.

Being a good shot stopper is a given but at this level you need to have other attributes such as distribution, strength, communication  or that aura of confidence that the better keepers have and he doesn't bring any of these to the table.

@jolslover

Rico is a great keeper, only have to look at what he's achieved in his career to know that. Was MOTM in seven games last season as well.

Think he really liked his time at Fulham as when he left he tweeted -

Thank you for your endless affection!! From today and always, I'm very big supporter of
@FulhamFC
!! 💯🖤

#FULHAMTILIDIE

Definitely don't think we could get him back but if we could I would definitely be for it.
STH H3

MikeTheCubed

Double-edged sword. Cost us as many points as he saved us and his weakness at crosses was blatantly (and understandably) exploited by the opposition.

bencher

Like some other players, it's hard to tell whether his crapness made the team crap, or whether the crapness of the team made him look crap. He had some good moments and good saves but equally some very dodgy keeping. Some players are not cut out for a relegation battle. It's relatively likely we'll be in some kind of relegation battle next season too and I have no reason to believe he would be any more reliable next season than he was in our last relegation battle. For most of the season I wanted Betts back in goal and I would still prefer him as our no. 2 to Rodak than having Rico back.

snarks

Top goalkeepers in other countries usually have difficulties in this country because of crosses. De Gea took time to settle, Lloris couldn't initially dislodge Brad Friedal to give him time to acclimatise. Kepa at Chelsea hasn't adjusted to it either. Any incoming keeper needs at least a season to see how he copes.