Main Menu

Who will actually end up at Fulham this transfer window

Started by rebel, August 13, 2020, 07:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 14, 2020, 09:33:15 AM
Quote from: rebel on August 14, 2020, 07:21:11 AM
Quote from: Classic94 on August 13, 2020, 09:31:29 AM
We'd be destined for relegation if that was the extent of our transfer business. I'd like to see both Kongolo and Reed made permanent, before targeting younger players with the ability to step up in the PL:

RB: Cash (Forest) - Christie and Odoi are solid squad players, but no more.

CB: Christensen (Chelsea) - Naturally left-sided. He'd be a visible upgrade on Ream.

DM: Billing (B'mouth) - His physicality could be useful. Still just 24.

AM: Eze (QPR) - Fast and creative. Capable of playing on either wing, or more centrally.

ST: Toney (P'boro) - A promising understudy or supplement to Mitrovic.

Other options which come to mind are Sabaly (Bordeaux), Clarke (Brighton), Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Chalobah (Watford) and Watkins (Brentford).

Players who haven't played in the Prem before will struggle, I don't think the club will be looking to far into the future, the priority will be to stay in the Prem this time round. So experience in the Prem will be vital.

Yes, but if we signed those players (Cash, Christensen, Billing, Eze) we may get relegated but we'd have the best championship team ever.
           Rodak
Cash  Hector  Christensen  Bryan
          Anguissa
Cav    Billing   Onamah   Eze
           Mitro
Subs: Betts, S.Sess, Mawson, Cairney, Seri, Kamara, Toovey

Can we not get relegated please?, I want to see how VAR plays out. Honestly.

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 13, 2020, 10:31:16 AM
Quote from: filham on August 13, 2020, 10:28:04 AM
We have signed Cav. Knock., and Ried. That could be it , we could go from the extreme of wasting £100m on signing the wrong players two years ago to not wasting a penny this time around.

That would be worse than wasting £100m, we'd go down with even less fight and look thoroughly stupid whilst doing it. Look at Norwich, they've gone down after making minimal changes, and their only decent players are going to get poached by PL teams. They'll have some money in the bank but they're not as rich as we are so that's mainly academic. We can afford to give it a good go in the transfer market so would be stupid not to

Agree with you, Norwich should have been called out for it more in the press IMO because it was the most stupid thing a promoted club could do

StandD

I think Calum Chambers was most successful as a defensive midfielder, which is a key position. We really need solid defenders who make less mistakes, we got away with a lot in The Championship. In The Premiership we will get punished severely . It was really why Seri was not a success, he lost too many balls in midfield and then seemed to just give up.I thought Babel was a class player last time and wanted to play, as opposed to some of the intake who were happy to take the money and not really bother. Didn't really see enough of Kongolo but that wasn't his fault.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2020, 10:58:44 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 13, 2020, 10:31:16 AM
Quote from: filham on August 13, 2020, 10:28:04 AM
We have signed Cav. Knock., and Ried. That could be it , we could go from the extreme of wasting £100m on signing the wrong players two years ago to not wasting a penny this time around.

That would be worse than wasting £100m, we'd go down with even less fight and look thoroughly stupid whilst doing it. Look at Norwich, they've gone down after making minimal changes, and their only decent players are going to get poached by PL teams. They'll have some money in the bank but they're not as rich as we are so that's mainly academic. We can afford to give it a good go in the transfer market so would be stupid not to

Agree with you, Norwich should have been called out for it more in the press IMO because it was the most stupid thing a promoted club could do

Farke was undermined by the Norwich board after an excellent Championship season.  I hope they do a Burnley and come straight back up, they will have the parachute money to bolster the squad plus more if and when they sell their stars.