https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New fixtures

Started by Andy S, August 13, 2020, 02:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Will be released Friday week so watch out for the bogus ones a few days before

filham

Matches start on 12th sept. just four weeks away, not much time to get our act together. I see us starting from where we left off but probably minus Reed which could be critical.

Come on Tony Kahn, do your stuff and get Reed signed up.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

The games will still be behind closed doors so will Saturday matches not being shown on Sky still be available on Fulham TV?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 13, 2020, 04:35:21 PM
The games will still be behind closed doors so will Saturday matches not being shown on Sky still be available on Fulham TV?

Hope so

filham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 13, 2020, 04:35:21 PM

The club have a few decisions yet to make about season tickets, FFCtv etc., but I imagine they have to follow a lead set by the FA , Premier League and of course Sky.

Andy S

I hope we start with Man U or city away as not having a crowd in the stadium has to be a leveller and gives us a chance of away points early on possibly. We will only be looking to accumulate 36 points

The Rational Fan

I hope we start with Everton Away or Arsenal at Home, we need to get our players tested early in the season in a game we have a chance in (e.g. Southampton Away) but won't be gutted if we lose (e.g. Brighton at Home or Leeds at Home), so that Tony Khans has time to go shopping for a replacement player if required. I fully expect at least one of the players from this season not to adjust to the premier league, I wish I knew which one.

rebel

Quote from: Andy S on August 14, 2020, 12:55:24 AM
I hope we start with Man U or city away as not having a crowd in the stadium has to be a leveller and gives us a chance of away points early on possibly. We will only be looking to accumulate 36 points

36 points?, I think you mean 40 points. Even 40 points might not be enough. I'd like to think we will hit the season running. Do a Sheff Utd, but have a solid start.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: rebel on August 14, 2020, 07:58:35 AM

36 points?, I think you mean 40 points. Even 40 points might not be enough. I'd like to think we will hit the season running. Do a Sheff Utd, but have a solid start.

Newcastle were the last team to get 35 or more points and get relegated, but they came straight back up. Hull were the second last team to get 35  points and get relegated, but they also came straight back up before going down on 34 points. Wigan in 2012–13 were the last team to go down on 35 points or more not to come straight back up. It's safe to say 35 points (9 wins) will be enough, especially if we don't lose too many games with relegation rivals.

rebel

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 14, 2020, 08:38:27 AM

Newcastle were the last team to get 35 or more points and get relegated, but they came straight back up. Hull were the second last team to get 35  points and get relegated, but they also came straight back up before going down on 34 points. Wigan in 2012–13 were the last team to go down on 35 points or more not to come straight back up. It's safe to say 35 points (9 wins) will be enough, especially if we don't lose too many games with relegation rivals.

I don't think it's every safe to say that, I think the Prem is changing, some of the 'stalwarts' are struggling, some of the 'also rans' are getting better. Maybe the top six, every other team m'ore of an even playing field'.   

SuffolkWhite

I hope we get Chelski games towards the end of the season so we can go.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rebel

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 14, 2020, 09:20:08 AM
I hope we get Chelski games towards the end of the season so we can go.

There is talk of fans being allowed back in October, but what form that takes who knows. Fans travelling from all over the place.

filham

Thats right, 40 points is the target, ten home wins and ten away draws. Forget the top six those matches are virtual write offs which makes most of the others six pointers.
It is going to be a tough season with us simply looking to stay out of the relegation zone from the start.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on August 14, 2020, 10:07:44 AM

Thats right, 40 points is the target, ten home wins and ten away draws. Forget the top six those matches are virtual write offs which makes most of the others six pointers.
It is going to be a tough season with us simply looking to stay out of the relegation zone from the start.
That's the spirit!!!   :022:      049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

It's been 8 years since Wigan were relegated on 36 points since then it's been around 34. Obviously I don't know what it will be this season and you would expect to be safe on 40 but I believe West Ham we're relegated on 40 points some years  ago but the standard seems to have fallen a little. I hope.