News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When posting, has the 'Spell Check' button always been there?

Started by rebel, August 14, 2020, 10:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Why can't spelling be 'auto checked' by the site? I'm only asking, I don't want to 'stir up' trouble,
honestly. :022:

WhiteJC

Quote from: rebel on August 14, 2020, 10:15:04 AM
Why can't spelling be 'auto checked' by the site? I'm only asking, I don't want to 'stir up' trouble,

been there since day 1

auto checking can/should be done by your browser not the forum, overheads would be too high and it would slow down the forum.

Safari, Firefox & Chrome all spell check for me, having said that I'm on a Mac, sorry I don't know/care what happens on Windows  :dft011:

what browser are you using?

Southcoastffc

I always used it when referring in posts to Zdeněk Grygera and, occasionally, Alexander Kačaniklić.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 14, 2020, 10:32:16 AM
I always used it when referring in posts to Zdeněk Grygera and, occasionally, Alexander Kačaniklić.

:005: :Haynes The Maestro:

rebel

Quote from: whitejc on August 14, 2020, 10:27:29 AM

been there since day 1

auto checking can/should be done by your browser not the forum, overheads would be too high and it would slow down the forum. I just need it when I'm 'writing 'War & Peace'.

Safari, Firefox & Chrome all spell check for me, having said that I'm on a Mac, sorry I don't know/care what happens on Windows  :dft011:

Chrome, the reason I haven't noticed it before is that the 'auto-correct' worked when posting previously, now it doesn't. Strange.

rebel

Quote from: whitejc on August 14, 2020, 10:27:29 AM

been there since day 1

Isn't there a switch you could press?

'auto checking can/should be done by your browser not the forum, overheads would be too high and it would slow down the forum.'

ALG01

In all these years I never noticed the spell check button!!!!!!!!!!

I will now start using it as some of my posts are almost unreadable with my poor spelling and typing skills to match!

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rebel

Quote from: ALG01 on August 14, 2020, 12:20:19 PM
In all these years I never noticed the spell check button!!!!!!!!!!

I will now start using it as some of my posts are almost unreadable with my poor spelling and typing skills to match!

Me too, with technology, there's an expectation.   

filham

I always get the red underline for favourite, programme, colour etc.  but realize that is because I must be set on American instead of English.

rebel

Quote from: filham on August 14, 2020, 03:06:55 PM
I always get the red underline for favourite, programme, colour etc.  but realize that is because I must be set on American instead of English.

Yep, correct.

WhiteJC

Holders

Quote from: filham on August 14, 2020, 03:06:55 PM

*Realise*, the version with a 'z' comes up underlined in red on mine - set to English spelling.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria