watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

George Williams

Started by Southcoastffc, August 14, 2020, 10:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Grimsby Town have confirmed the signing of former Fulham and MK Dons attacker George Williams on their official club website, bringing him in on a free transfer after his release from Forest Green.

Good luck to him - I was hoping he'd go on to great things with us.  Nice lad, super-talented but injury led to a tough few years
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fernhurst

Pleased he has managed to pick up another contract. It does seem a long time since we had such high hopes for him.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

S.F.Sorrow

I always liked him. He looked very promising before his injury. I just checked his stats at Transfermarkt. Looks like he was a regular starter during his first season at Forest Green but hardly played at all last season. Clearly it was time to move on.

I was surprised to see Transfermarkt listing him as a LW, CF, RW, SS, LM, AM, RM, CM. That's insane! But I guess that's based on which positions clubs have played/tested him rather than the positions he is actually suitable for.

I hope he has a long and successful career.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on August 14, 2020, 11:28:31 AM
I always liked him. He looked very promising before his injury. I just checked his stats at Transfermarkt. Looks like he was a regular starter during his first season at Forest Green but hardly played at all last season. Clearly it was time to move on.

I was surprised to see Transfermarkt listing him as a LW, CF, RW, SS, LM, AM, RM, CM. That's insane! But I guess that's based on which positions clubs have played/tested him rather than the positions he is actually suitable for.

I hope he has a long and successful career.

He broke his leg three minutes into last season and it has been a long road back to full fitness. Always thought he had something about him and he was unfortunate with injuries during his time with us. Hope he can fit his feet and form at Grimsby.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

Ian Holloway putting a decent side together there.
Dennis Adeniran,a Spanish striker bought and a couple other decent frees.
Think I might have a little wager to win league 2,and also cover it to be promoted.
Im in pocket having had Fulham,Coventry and Plymouth in a promotion treble.

bog

Good luck George.  :54:

092.gif