News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fans will finally begin returning but ...

Started by G_Gribby, August 14, 2020, 02:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Gribby

FOOTBALL fans will finally begin returning to stadiums next month — but may not be allowed to sing. According to the sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12397281/football-fans-return-stadiums-premier-league-lockdown/

Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

H4usuallysitting

Yep, and no eating with your mouth open....

Andy S

And what about the toilets at half time let's get real about this. If it's going to happen how? It's only the people who attend matches know how safe it is. Are we ready for the second bout of COVID- 19

filham

Well I have been Shielding and in my own mind have written off visits to the Cottage next season, just don't see how I can take the risk unless a vacine is available by Christmas.
Putting  my hopes for the season on all matches being available on FFCtv for which I would be prepared to pay a good fee.

rebel

Yes posted that earlier. There will probably be special seating arrangments, maybe just season ticket holders. maybe a ballot etc. A full stadium might still be risky.

Dodgin

Wonderif it happens the club will keep the over 70s away

gang

Seating would be difficult to arrange.
How do you get to or from your seat in a row without passing other people?

gang

Quote from: filham on August 14, 2020, 02:44:57 PM
Well I have been Shielding and in my own mind have written off visits to the Cottage next season, just don't see how I can take the risk unless a vacine is available by Christmas.
Putting  my hopes for the season on all matches being available on FFCtv for which I would be prepared to pay a good fee.

Difficult that, Sky and BT hold the broadcasting rights.

Mince n Tatties

Will the black cat that often frequents the Hammersmith End be allowed in?😺

Stevieboy

Saw something Millwall sent out after Championship advice saying that only @6k of 20k will be allowed back in due to social distancing, by end of October I think.

SuffolkWhite

I can't see going back to the Cottage until Feb March time earliest, and I have said before those of us outside London have to face the public transport as well, I wont be taking the risk. No Season Ticket and no Membership either  :012:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

rebel

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 14, 2020, 04:08:13 PM
I can't see going back to the Cottage until Feb March time earliest, and I have said before those of us outside London have to face the public transport as well, I wont be taking the risk. No Season Ticket and no Membership either  :012:

Maybe the club can rent you a 'Virtual 3D Suit', put it on and you'll think your at The Cottage, you'll need to take it for your half-time beer.

domprague

No singing? The Premier League will be OK then. No talking loudly about where you went on holiday will have a far bigger impact.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Burt

I've had to shield throughout as I have been immuno-compromised and I just can't see how the Cottage, much as I love the ol' place, will ever be a "Covid-Safe" environment.

Social distancing when we have tight concourses, cramped bogs, narrow aisles, one road servicing the stadium, etc. seems a bit far-fetched.

I will still probably renew my season ticket, given I have had one for years, and hopefully because it will give access to FFCtv.

I do miss pre-match beers, chips and banter, and post-match post-mortems :)

Carborundum

It feels a lot safer than a commute to the office in a busy train and a day in air conditioning breathing recycled air.  I'll be back like a shot if given the chance.  Atmosphere may feel like a library......but according to away fans, I'll be acclimated to that.

As for the loos.  Well, if you are worried about them "becoming" a health hazard, I've got news......

Whitestone

The FST met with FFC on 10 August. The following looks to me like the preferred option.

With reference to ticket allocations nothing has been decided but it seems that looking after 2019/20 season ticket holders will be a priority with "ballots on an individual match basis in a way that by the end of the season everyone would have had an equal opportunity to stand the same number of limited matches". Applications would be allowed in social bubbles in accordance with government guidelines.

Fulhamfan666