more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Will We Watch Fulham Matches Next Season

Started by filham, August 16, 2020, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: toshes mate on August 17, 2020, 08:32:43 AM
It is in nobodies interests that games are played without either direct and appropriate access to the stadium on match day or access on the media and so we can assume all games will be accessible on the media until live attendance issues are sorted and returned to some level of normality.   

It is a very fluid situation being tempered by political failure to manage an infectious virus appropriately, and the cost to audience related entertainments and economies generally is there for all of us to see.  Once we start to live with SARS-CoV-2 rather than believe we can annihilate it we will all be a lot better off, IMO, and the rough ride will continue until people start understanding what risk means.
The worry is that we are in the hands of the commercial TV companies. They are not concerned that thousands of fans across the country will not have access to their teams matches at 3pm on Saturday as long as the viewing figures for their selected matches remain high.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on August 17, 2020, 10:13:02 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on August 17, 2020, 08:32:43 AM
It is in nobodies interests that games are played without either direct and appropriate access to the stadium on match day or access on the media and so we can assume all games will be accessible on the media until live attendance issues are sorted and returned to some level of normality.   

It is a very fluid situation being tempered by political failure to manage an infectious virus appropriately, and the cost to audience related entertainments and economies generally is there for all of us to see.  Once we start to live with SARS-CoV-2 rather than believe we can annihilate it we will all be a lot better off, IMO, and the rough ride will continue until people start understanding what risk means.
The worry is that we are in the hands of the commercial TV companies. They are not concerned that thousands of fans across the country will not have access to their teams matches at 3pm on Saturday as long as the viewing figures for their selected matches remain high.

But surely they would still prefer even more revenues by allowing people to pay to watch those additional games as well, by whatever method they deem most effective/profitable?

Whitestone

Empty stadiums surely represents a great opportunity for broadcasters to tap into. I would imagine Premier League games will all be available on a pay per view basis until spectators are allowed back in and grounds are back to capacity.

When spectators are allowed back I'll be at the front of the queue to when it comes to watching at the Cottage. Given the choice I'd much rather be there than watch on a screen.

Maidstone Lee

I remember sky used to have a channel called Prem Plus which was a pay-per-view channel for certain games. Wonder if they'll bring something like that back?
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Andy S

The problem is it's all about money. Money for the premier league, Money for the clubs, Money for the players etc. Supporters stay loyal to their club no matter what. Sky who have recently learnt that you don't need a crowd as you can use sound effects to create an atmosphere don't care a jot about real supporters. In fact they would prefer us to pay the money to them and watch the game on the tv. I don't know when science will come up with a vaccine. Even then not everyone will wish to be vaccinated. That is their choice but where sky hold the monopoly they will also dictate the price. If we want to watch football live a t the Cottage we will have to carry out a risk assessment and go from there as most people are doing already. There will never be a cure for COVID- 19as with all virus's it will mutate into something similar

toshes mate

Cannot give a categoric or absolute reassurance because I wasn't bothered enough to watch many of the PL games when football resumed but there were staggered date fixtures, staggered kick-off times and multi-source coverage (some free on BBC) so that all PL games could be accessed via streaming in the UK.   I would imagine those same rules will apply until fans are allowed to return to stadia on a pre-Covid19 basis. 

jarv

Move to Amerca. NBC sports show every premier game either on tv or streamed. 049:gif

filham

Quote from: toshes mate on August 17, 2020, 10:44:34 AM

That sounds promising, I am dreading a winter without my fortnightly Fulham fix. A weekly live Fulham match on TV would certainly be good. Of course I would rather be at the Cottage but under the circumstances TV coverage is the sensible substitute.
Cannot give a categoric or absolute reassurance because I wasn't bothered enough to watch many of the PL games when football resumed but there were staggered date fixtures, staggered kick-off times and multi-source coverage (some free on BBC) so that all PL games could be accessed via streaming in the UK.   I would imagine those same rules will apply until fans are allowed to return to stadia on a pre-Covid19 basis. 

filham

Quote from: jarv on August 17, 2020, 10:52:29 AM
Move to Amerca. NBC sports show every premier game either on tv or streamed. 049:gif
Can you guarantee a commentary in English though.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Enfield on August 16, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
Sincerely hope that the only option wont be MOTD and we will have to watch to the insufferable Lineker.   
Can turn off the volume, but he will still be visible

My feelings also about Lineker, Insufferable with absolutely no talent or charisma, more wooden than a wooden Wood Pecker pecking a plank of 4 x 2 in a Timber Yard.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Don't no about PL but efl clubs think they are looking at  memberships with streaming options via I follow options.not sure about PL teams with sky deals

The Rock

Quote from: rebel on August 16, 2020, 02:15:34 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on August 16, 2020, 01:52:29 PM
I'm sure there are ways and means in watching Fulham games if you want to.

Airship, Zeppelin style, hire it for homes games, with a large pair of binoculars.

Or a HUGE Pink Pig launched from Battersea. They've done it before, they can do it again!

rebel

Sounds like a plan.

filham

Do you think Thames Police have been warned about yachts being moored alongside the Cottage on match days with overcrowded crows nests.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: filham on August 17, 2020, 05:11:28 PM
Can you guarantee a commentary in English though.

Well if you ask an American, all the broadcasters are from the UK and have "English" accents...

086.gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I didn't miss one match last season.
There are ways :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Here's an example of one streaming channel that show almost every sporting match available
You just have to be careful with pop-ups etc etc

Tuesday 18th Aug 2020 - Schedule Time UK GMT+1
Game   UK Time   Competetion Teams   Channel & Lang   Ch - No
Soccer   12:25   Ajax Cape Town vs Swallows FC England Championship   SuperSport 4   (CH-1)
Soccer   14:00   Midtjylland-U19 vs Ajax-U19 UEFA Youth League   BT Sport 2   (CH-32)
Soccer   14:00   Midtjylland-U19 vs Ajax-U19 UEFA Youth League   Eleven Sports 1 Portugal   (CH-2)
Soccer   14:00   Midtjylland-U19 vs Ajax-U19 UEFA Youth League   Polsat Sport Premium 1 Poland   (CH-3)
Soccer   14:00   Midtjylland-U19 vs Ajax-U19 UEFA Youth League   RMC Sport 1 France   (CH-4)
Soccer   17:00   Champions League Pre-game tv show TV Show   Polsat Sport Premium 1 Poland   (CH-3)
Soccer   17:00   Ajax vs Wolfsberg Ac Club Friendly   Sport TV1 Portugal   (CH-49)
Soccer   17:00   Wolfsberger AC vs Ajax Club Friendly   ESPN Deportes   (CH-1)
Soccer   17:00   Wolfsberger AC vs Ajax Club Friendly   beIN Sports HD 5   (CH-5)
Soccer   17:00   Dinamo Zagreb U19 vs Benfica U19 UEFA Youth League   BT Sport 2   (CH-32)
Soccer   17:00   Dinamo Zagreb U19 vs Benfica U19 UEFA Youth League   Eleven Sports 1 Portugal   (CH-2)
Soccer   17:00   Dinamo Zagreb U19 vs Benfica U19 UEFA Youth League   Polsat Sport Premium 2 Poland   (CH-6)
Soccer   17:00   Dinamo Zagreb U19 vs Benfica U19 UEFA Youth League   RMC Sport 1 France   (CH-4)
Soccer   17:00   Dinamo Zagreb U19 vs Benfica U19 UEFA Youth League   TV3 Sport Denmark   (CH-7)
Soccer   17:45   NEC vs Oss Club Friendly   Fox Sports 1 NL   (CH-8)
Soccer   18:00   Warszawa vs Linfield FC UEFA Champions League   TVP Sport Poland   (CH-9)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   BT Sport 1   (CH-31)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   Polsat Sport Premium 1 Poland   (CH-3)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   Eleven Sports 1 Portugal   (CH-2)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   beIN Sports Turkey   (CH-1)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   Movistar Liga de Campeones   (CH-5)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   Match! Football 1 Russia   (CH-6)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   Ziggo Sport Select NL   (CH-10)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   Sky Sport Football IT   (CH-46)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   DAZN DE   (CH-11)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   RMC Sport 1 France   (CH-4)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   TNT Brazil   (CH-87)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   beIN Sports HD 1   (CH-12)
Soccer   20:00   RB Leipzig vs PSG Champions League Semi Final 1   Cosmote Sport 1 HD Greece   (CH-13)
Soccer   22:00   Champions League After game tv show TV Show   Polsat Sport Premium 1 Poland   (CH-3)
Soccer   23:00   Deportivo Cuenca vs Barcelona Ecuador Primera A   GOLTV USA   (CH-1)
Soccer   23:15   Avaí vs Botafogo SP Brazil Serie B   SporTV Brazil   (CH-78)
Soccer   23:15   Operário PR vs CSA Brazil Serie B   Premiere FC Brasil   (CH-88)
Soccer   00:30   Oeste vs Ponte Preta Brazil Serie B   Premiere FC Brasil   (CH-2)
Soccer   01:30   CRB vs Brasil de Pelotas Brazil Serie B   Premiere FC Brasil   (CH-88)
Soccer   01:30   Guarani vs Paraná Brazil Serie B   SporTV Brazil   (CH-78)
Soccer   01:30   Cuiabá vs Confiança Brazil Serie B   Premiere FC Brasil   (CH-3)
Cricket   14:30   Trinbago Knight Riders vs Guyana Amazon Warriors Caribbean Premier League   Sky Sports Cricket   (CH-24)
Cricket   22:00   Barbados Tridents and St Kitts & Nevis Patriots Caribbean Premier League   Sky Sports Cricket   (CH-24)
Motorsport   18:00   Vastervik vs. Elite Vetlanda Swedish Elitserien League Speedway   Premier Sports 1   (CH-1)
MMA   01:00   Victor Reyna vs. Louis Cosce Dana White Contender Series   TSN5   (CH-4)
Baseball   20:10   Colorado Rockies vs Houston Astros MLB   BT Sport ESPN   (CH-34)
Baseball   21:05   San Diego Padres vs Texas Rangers MLB   Fox Sport San Diego   (CH-7)
Baseball   21:10   San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Angels MLB   ESPN   (CH-44)
Baseball   23:10   Oakland Athletics vs Arizona Diamondbacks MLB   BT Sport 2   (CH-4)
Baseball   00:05   Cleveland Indians vs Pittsburgh Pirates MLB   AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh   (CH-4)
Baseball   00:05   Tampa Bay Rays vs New York Yankees MLB   ESPN   (CH-44)
Baseball   00:10   New York Mets vs Miami Marlins MLB   Fox Sport Florida   (CH-6)
Baseball   00:10   Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Dodgers MLB   Root Sports NW   (CH-8)
Baseball   00:10   Washington Nationals vs Atlanta Braves MLB   Fox Sports Southeast   (CH-9)
Baseball   00:30   Philadelphia Phillies vs Boston Red Sox MLB   BT Sport ESPN   (CH-34)
Baseball   00:35   Toronto Blue Jays vs Baltimore Orioles MLB   Sportsnet One   (CH-7)
Baseball   01:05   Cincinnati Reds vs Kansas City Royals MLB   Fox Sports Ohio   (CH-10)
Baseball   01:10   Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox MLB   Fox Sport Detroit   (CH-11)
Baseball   01:10   Milwaukee Brewers vs Minnesota Twins MLB   Fox Sport Wisconsin   (CH-12)
Baseball   01:15   St. Louis Cardinals vs Chicago Cubs MLB   FOX Sports 1 USA   (CH-39)
Basketball   18:30   Milwaukee Bucks vs Orlando Magic NBA   TNT USA   (CH-56)
Basketball   18:30   Milwaukee Bucks vs Orlando Magic NBA   CANAL+ Sport Poland   (CH-48)
Basketball   21:00   Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers NBA   TNT USA   (CH-56)
Basketball   23:30   Oklahoma City Thunder vs Houston Rockets NBA   TNT USA   (CH-56)
Basketball   02:00   Portland Trail Blazers vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA   TNT USA   (CH-56)
Ice Hockey   20:00   Montreal Canadiens vs Philadelphia Flyers NHL   NBCSN   (CH-43)
Ice Hockey   20:00   Montreal Canadiens vs Philadelphia Flyers NHL   Sport TV1 Portugal   (CH-49)
Ice Hockey   22:30   Calgary Flames vs Dallas Stars NHL   NBCSN   (CH-43)
Ice Hockey   02:00   Washington Capitals vs New York Islanders NHL   NBCSN   (CH-43)
Ice Hockey   02:00   Chicago Blackhawks vs Vegas Golden Knights NHL   NBCSN   (CH-43)
Cycling   14:20   Tour of Wallonia 3a tappa | Plombières - Visé, 192 km Cycling   Eurosport 1 UK   (CH-41)
Cycling   14:20   Tour of Wallonia 3a tappa | Plombières - Visé, 192 km Cycling   Eurosport 1 Poland   (CH-57)

love4ffc

For those in the States, NBC is moving the premier league off of their NBCS gold platform to the new NBC peacock premium streaming service.  No idea how that will effect broadcasting matches that are not on the NBCSN channel. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: love4ffc on August 18, 2020, 01:15:41 AM

For those in the States, NBC is moving the premier league off of their NBCS gold platform to the new NBC peacock premium streaming service.  No idea how that will effect broadcasting matches that are not on the NBCSN channel. 

Ouch !
Hi old chap
I just sold (almost gave away) a Fulham2 Virginia car tag to a fan in NY.
I hope Fulham1 has pride of place in the Love home

Cheers Oh Tall One !