watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Will We Watch Fulham Matches Next Season

Started by filham, August 16, 2020, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well surely when the season starts in four weeks time it will be with empty grounds. The word is that Sky will not permit FFCtv to transmit live matches to fans so how are we going to watch Fulham games next season.

Sure there are a few live games on Sky over the week end but these mainly feature top six games, unlikely to be Fulham v Brighton, West Brom, Villa  etc.

You really would think that under the circumstances the government would step in and allow club tv sites to transmit to paying fans in spite of the Sky license .

Cambridge Pete

Clubs get £90mill plus per season from Sky for the contracted rights to the games. If the Government were to insist on the clubs being able to show live games then Sky would not pay.  For the clubs money is the no. one motivator as with any business.

rebel

BT will have the rights to some matches, Amazon Prime will have some too. Internationally others have the rights too.

Bill2

For those not being broadcast surely the Clubs concerned will be able to broadcast there own link, failure to do anything will mean zero income on match days and for those who do not have huge fan bases with the large commercial take for shirts etc it will be the death knell for them.

mrmicawbers

I'm sure there are ways and means in watching Fulham games if you want to.

rebel

Quote from: mrmicawbers on August 16, 2020, 01:52:29 PM
I'm sure there are ways and means in watching Fulham games if you want to.

Airship, Zeppelin style, hire it for homes games, with a large pair of binoculars.

ScalleysDad

Hopefully I will get the occasional ticket for an evening game but otherwise probably from behind the sofa on motd. If we ever get on BT I might get a look in but this is a rugby house so plenty of things will have to align. Membership has been a complete waste of time for a couple of seasons now so maybe I'll save the money for the occasional bribe.

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on August 16, 2020, 01:49:12 PM
For those not being broadcast surely the Clubs concerned will be able to broadcast there own link, failure to do anything will mean zero income on match days and for those who do not have huge fan bases with the large commercial take for shirts etc it will be the death knell for them.
No , look under the Sunday Fulham Stuff thread at the notes on the meeting between the Club and FST.
The club have said clearly that they will not be allowed to stream matches to their fans.
Looks to me that us fans will be left high and dry except for the games against the big boys which are on TV.

Enfield

Sincerely hope that the only option wont be MOTD and we will have to watch to the insufferable Lineker.   
Can turn off the volume, but he will still be visible

Southcoastffc

Key points from FST

* The Club explained that there is no firm news about a return and that October could well be very optimistic in terms of timescale.
* Millwall, with a newer 20,000 seat stadium, much better 360 degree access and more concourse space are still able to only accommodate under 6,000 fans.
* Because of the uncertainty, it is highly unlikely that the Club will sell season tickets in advance,
* Possibility of ballots, largely just amongst 2019-20 Season Ticket Holders, on an individual match basis in a way that by the end of the season everyone would have had an equal opportunity to attend the same limited number of matches. 
* The Trust asked on behalf of many members whether a domestic streaming service covering all games would be available on FFCtv in the PL in 2020-21 along the lines of that offered at the end of last season for behind closed doors games. The Club said that this would not be available in 2021-22, because of the PL's contractual relationship with media organisations.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

If it's not on live telly, it will have to be an illegal stream won't it, there's no other choice
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bog

Anything like the last time it will be with head in my hands.... :022:

092.gif

filham

Surely 17,000 fans unable to watch a match at the Cottage becomes  a captive audience for pay to view tv at say £10 per head.
Really would have thought something could have been arranged under the circumstances,

Arthur

The question the FST asked was whether a domestic service covering all games would be available. In giving their answer, perhaps the Club interpreted this as meaning the same arrangement as existed for the final nine matches, whereby even those being shown on Sky could be streamed on FFCtv.

Clearly this won't happen next season. But I can envisage a situation in which clubs can purchase the right to broadcast those games that are not on Sky and do not clash with a scheduled live Sky fixture. The other possibility I can foresee is that Sky introduce a 'red button' for P.L. Saturday 3p.m. kick-offs.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Arthur on August 16, 2020, 06:52:58 PM
The question the FST asked was whether a domestic service covering all games would be available. In giving their answer, perhaps the Club interpreted this as meaning the same arrangement as existed for the final nine matches, whereby even those being shown on Sky could be streamed on FFCtv.

Clearly this won't happen next season. But I can envisage a situation in which clubs can purchase the right to broadcast those games that are not on Sky and do not clash with a scheduled live Sky fixture. The other possibility I can foresee is that Sky introduce a 'red button' for P.L. Saturday 3p.m. kick-offs.
The last sentence gives me hope, though I have never before subscribed to Sky I might just do so.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lighthouse

From behind the sofa and between your fingers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

The clubs must have had an agreement with Sky for the nine post Lockdown matches or was that just the Championship that were allowed to screen their own matches.

Peabody

Quote from: Enfield on August 16, 2020, 03:26:40 PM
Sincerely hope that the only option wont be MOTD and we will have to watch to the insufferable Lineker.   
Can turn off the volume, but he will still be visible

Personally, I quite like Mr Lineker

Brawn

Every Premier League game post-restart was shown live on Sky/BT/BBC. My understanding is that will not happen this year, but surely that throws up some red flags for the PL?

toshes mate

It is in nobodies interests that games are played without either direct and appropriate access to the stadium on match day or access on the media and so we can assume all games will be accessible on the media until live attendance issues are sorted and returned to some level of normality.   

It is a very fluid situation being tempered by political failure to manage an infectious virus appropriately, and the cost to audience related entertainments and economies generally is there for all of us to see.  Once we start to live with SARS-CoV-2 rather than believe we can annihilate it we will all be a lot better off, IMO, and the rough ride will continue until people start understanding what risk means.