watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro

Started by blingo, August 18, 2020, 07:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

What makes us all so sure a top club wont come in for him for big money?

Andy S

Every player has their price so obviously it is a minor possibility

Herbie

That's football.  It wouldn't surprise me if it happened if the price is right.  However, from Mitro's comments in interviews, he seems settled in London with his young family.  I think there's a chance that a move to another London club could happen, but my gut feeling is he will be with us this season at least.

hovewhite

Can't see him going anywhere and Khan won't sell him!

Whitestone

We're a top up club back in the Premier League where he already earns big money.

General

He's yet unproven in the premiership to lead a top teams line, plus all the top teams have quite a few options and on top of that choices past micro in the market.

It could happen but I'd be surprised this window.

Chelsea - tammy abraham, timo werner, gironde
Liverpool - firmino, salah, mane
Utd - greenwood, martial, Rashford, etc

filham

I don't think a top six club would want him as their main striker and the other fifteen premier league clubs cannot offer him a much better deal than us. I think he will stay in London with us ,at least for this season.

Artful Dodger

I wouldn't say he is unproven having got double figures last time in a poor team and I could see a mid table Prem team looking at him, like Southampton, Burnley or a Palace but would that be enough to tempt him to leave? I suppose wages may come in to it but there have been no rumours this time so it looks like he will stay.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

bencher

The only teams I could imagine him going to are West Ham or Spurs. And I don't think it's likely. He will look at West Ham as a bit of a sideways move given their poor season, and Spurs as somewhere he will be on the fringes of the team. He loves being the main man at Fulham. I would't rule it out but I don't see him going anywhere this year.

itombomb

Quote from: filham on August 18, 2020, 09:45:47 AM
I don't think a top six club would want him as their main striker and the other fifteen premier league clubs cannot offer him a much better deal than us. I think he will stay in London with us ,at least for this season.
This, as much as I love him, he doesn't fit the way the big teams play, so would be a back-up/plan-B type striker. Given the fee we would demand, he's too expensive for that, and I don't think he'd be content to move from being the main man to a back-up.

If we do get relegated I expect he will be off, whether it is to the PL or a CL club elsewhere in europe depends on his performances this season.

ScalleysDad

I remember a couple of threads on here when he was suspended, having a sulk or simply just playing badly questioning our reliance on him. As far as I know there was not even a flicker of interest from Prem clubs in the January window although the rumours of interest from Palace and West Ham before that hinted something was brewing. Post Zaha or not Palace need an overhaul, I thought Roy was lucky to survive that terrible run of results, but I don't think Mitro fits into that overhaul. West Ham are what they are. Who knows? Forty million quid was bouncing around on here and some said take it as we had become too one dimensional and played more expansively in his absence. What a conundrum. Take the money or watch the video of the Swansea game again.

Jim©

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 18, 2020, 10:16:58 AM
I remember a couple of threads on here when he was suspended, having a sulk or simply just playing badly questioning our reliance on him. As far as I know there was not even a flicker of interest from Prem clubs in the January window although the rumours of interest from Palace and West Ham before that hinted something was brewing. Post Zaha or not Palace need an overhaul, I thought Roy was lucky to survive that terrible run of results, but I don't think Mitro fits into that overhaul. West Ham are what they are. Who knows? Forty million quid was bouncing around on here and some said take it as we had become too one dimensional and played more expansively in his absence. What a conundrum. Take the money or watch the video of the Swansea game again.

I watched that Kev McDonald interview with Si Ferry, which is well worth it if you have half hour spare. He backs up what many of us think, that when Mitro is having an off day, he's "shambolic" and "won't move an inch" for a pass. But he also said on his day, he's the best player he's ever played with. That's high praise!

rebel

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 18, 2020, 09:48:16 AM
I wouldn't say he is unproven having got double figures last time in a poor team and I could see a mid table Prem team looking at him, like Southampton, Burnley or a Palace but would that be enough to tempt him to leave? I suppose wages may come in to it but there have been no rumours this time so it looks like he will stay.

Mitro always has a great start to the season, then the goals are spread across the rest of the season.
Last time in the Prem he had 7 in 10 games, something like that.

Beamer

Looking at the list above of 'better' forwards the thing that stands out for me is that they all have pace, although maybe not as natural a finishing instinct as Mitro. Taking Mitro into most of the top sides seems unlikely as they tend to want to be playing balls between and behind defenders rather than to a slightly slower hold-up option. That doesn't make Mitro a bad player, just slightly different from the type of forward the top teams have as a result of their tactical plans. So the point is (other than going abroad) where would Mitro want to go other than here if the money was not that much different.
It could happen that someone makes an offer that the club and he couldn't refuse but I think it's unlikely for this season at least.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Jim© on August 18, 2020, 10:46:36 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 18, 2020, 10:16:58 AM

I watched that Kev McDonald interview with Si Ferry, which is well worth it if you have half hour spare. He backs up what many of us think, that when Mitro is having an off day, he's "shambolic" and "won't move an inch" for a pass. But he also said on his day, he's the best player he's ever played with. That's high praise!

Thanks. I'll peruse it over afternoon tea.